bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Glimmer

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 8, 11 12:38 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Glimmer? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Glimmer

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 8, 11 1:18 AM

I enjoyed the trial of this M3 game and will buy using the sale code.

Different take on the M3 genre with interesting game mechanics. Give it a go!

Warning: there's alot of reading but its skippable.

UPDATE: I won't be buying after all - the sale code only works for new members, not us loyal old members.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 1:57:04 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 8, 11 3:00 AM
I spent 32 long mins. trying to enjoy playing this game( really wanted a new M3 game), but, it just never happened for me. I don't dislike it, it just isn't my cup of tea! Sorry BFG but this is a no buy for me! It kind of put me to Happy Gaming Fishies

txtabby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by txtabby on Mar 8, 11 4:26 AM
This is like a bad puzzle or minigame in a hog game. Not worth the money. I'm sure some fishies will like it if they get into the game, I deleted after 5 minutes of the demo. Thank goodness I'm still playing akhra which I've been playing for a week and still haven't finished. Hope another good one comes out soon.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 8, 11 5:26 AM
On the one hand, the gameplay in this game is different - sliding blocks to match 3. On the other hand, it took me less than 30 minutes to get bored.

If you want a fairly easy game with no timer, this is OK. If you want something more interesting or challenging, don't spend your credit on this one.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 8, 11 5:45 AM
It just doesn't seem quite as polished as the games I actually buy. Very interesting mechanic, yes. Yes it has both full screen and windowed, although it's not really obvious how to switch between. Yes it is untimed (at least I haven't seen any sign of a timer yet).

There's no volume controls - sound is either on or it's off completely.

You have to actually click the level on the map to play it, and that's a pretty small hit area to click. There's no nice big "Continue" button.

I might buy it as a Daily Deal or if I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket. I haven't uninstalled it yet, but it's not grabbing me so far.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 8, 11 9:29 AM
It fit the widescreen monitor so points there. As others have said the mechanics are a bit different, but this is not the only slider type match 3 out there. Even the battles are at a slower pace so I would imagine a number of fishies might like the relaxing pace of the game. I won't say I was bored, but it just didn't hold my interest.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 8, 11 10:31 AM
I agree this game is different, but I didn`t liked this game enough for buying it.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 8, 11 10:45 AM
It was different but a lot of reading which can be skipped. I do enjoy a good MP game but it didn't meet my standards and was boring..

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Mar 8, 11 10:47 AM
I think this game had the 'glimmer' to be something much better than it was. The game play was interesting; you actually had to think about your moves before you did them. Especially on the screens where you battled a monster.

I have played about 25 minutes and have not accessed any of the 'power-ups?' on the right hand side of the screen. I thought the sound effects for hitting those monsters was too realistic - it made me think of animals being hurt - so that wasn't enjoyable.

There was a ton of reading; I skipped most of it. All those stones you collect on each screen, why not put them to use to buy things or start a new village or something?

I'll probably keep playing just to see when I can access those power-ups, but as of right now, it is not a buy for me.

Edited to Add: When I went back in to play again, my game had not saved. Who wants to start over from scratch each time you play...not me...deleted game.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 12:56:17 PM PST

[Post New]by alpacatom on Mar 8, 11 12:23 PM
I liked it and was thinking of buying it however I was playing about 30 minuets and when I exited the game was not saved so you loose all your progress it does state that. Based on that I will not be buying it. I do not get to play games stright through much as I stop amd play other games and come back.

This is my first time posting so hope this was of some help.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Mar 8, 11 12:28 PM
i might try it out...
however, for me a M3 game doesn't seem challenging enuf wo a timer.. but i read this may have some strategy in it sooo i will try it out and see

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 8, 11 2:12 PM
the game mechanics are simply too unfriendly for an enjoyable game... my niece likes to play the M3 games, but this one would just be too hard for her to get a handle on - and i don't want to spend any more time than i absolutely have to until i uninstall it

my niece says: i did not like the game and i did not like the arrows

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 8, 11 2:35 PM
jkuci wrote:
I enjoyed the trial of this M3 game and will buy using the sale code.

Different take on the M3 genre with interesting game mechanics. Give it a go!

Warning: there's alot of reading but its skippable.

UPDATE: I won't be buying after all - the sale code only works for new members, not us loyal old members.

Ditto here. Very interesting game mechanics but moved far too slowly for me.

BTW - the 'sale' for newbies only seems to be over. I do find it interesting that long time members are almost punished. We probably have the DDs and there are ogten sales for new customers.

Happy Gaming.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 8, 11 4:52 PM
It's interesting and I'm glad to see this match-3 variation offered. I find many match-3's are hard to get a fair read on, in just the demo hour, so I'm not at all ready to write this one off. It feels a tad tedious to me, but that could be just getting used to the gameplay mechanic. So I'm putting it on my "may buy" list.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Mar 9, 11 12:51 AM
Rather boring after a while,at lease in the demo.

Jewww
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jewww on Mar 9, 11 1:29 AM
nice game but very simple

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 9, 11 3:32 AM
The graphics vary from so-so on the game boards to lovely in the characters you can choose(there are two). The gameplay is M3, with sliding arrows. There is a bit of challenge in the beginning as one figures out the trick to the arrows. After that, the game gets rather dull. There is a page of script before and after every board. The storyline is refreshing but not so much that it held my interest. I finished the hour demo, making it to the second town where I could buy health and poison. All in all, rather a yawn.

This game is a C.

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 9, 11 3:47 AM
Well i played about 20 minutes and found that the gameplay is little slow for me. Also it's hard for me to control all the field to find where i can do another match to go further. I liked the level where I fought with the monster. But when I killed the monster and he fell down, his spear dropped and turned around with this monster. And all this composition looked like a monster on the skis. Heh, very funny I liked the music, it isn't irritating. But the graphics look blurry and like WIP(work in progress). And the text.. tons of text aren't fun for me sorry i skipped it too. And where is "Options"?? Also i was able to create an account with a very long name(about 30 letters) and this name just resized to the dots, lol. As a final i think this game isn't bad but "no buy" for me

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 12:45:01 AM PST

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Mar 9, 11 6:05 AM
This game may have a "Glimmer" of hope, though needs much work. Surprised it came to market at this early stage in its development. Developers may want to consider cutting out the over-blurb and changing the font. Takes 3 clicks to get a level to activate, which is tiresome and frustrating. Wouldn't be a buy for me on a DD. Still, I like the concept and you can see there's a lot of thought that went into this game. Try World Adventure. It's a match 3 (really match 4) where you take 12 different adventures, each with 5 levels, where there is purpose to every mission.

Go to: