mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

cannot combine Sylvies book with the pen in inventory

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Mar 8, 11 5:07 AM
Everything has been easy to play in this game until now, After speaking with the masqueraders and meeting the hooded murderer on the bridge, I simply cannot get the pen to combine with Susies book in inventory. I have moved around to various locations, thinking maybe I should be in a different spot but that makes no difference. One walkthrough says to go to the door, and BF says go to the scuola, but none of that matters. It just won't combine.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:cannot combine Sylvies book with the pen in inventory

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 8, 11 7:51 AM
Yes. You are missing a step. You can't sign anything until you know what you're signing. Read the book first.

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Mar 10, 11 6:25 AM
Yes, I got past that, but now I am having trouble in Cairo which has started with the dice game. I'll have to address this in a separate post.
Scanning some of the walkthroughs, one says to go to the kitchen annex to pick up several objects, but I have neverr been able to find the kitc chen annex.
Gosh, I thought this game was going to be a piece of cake.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 10, 11 12:47 PM
The kitchen annex is behind where Ali stands and toward the left side. Where you see the cabinets on the wall on the left of the screen.

Reba7
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Reba7 on Mar 19, 11 6:41 PM
How do you read the book?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 19, 11 8:34 PM
You don't read the book. You can open the first pages so that you can autograph it as soon as you know who to dedicate it to.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 20, 11 3:31 AM
It's not quite your standard "right-click to examine". You're reading the first two pages.

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 3:31:51 AM PST

Reba7
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Reba7 on Mar 20, 11 11:59 AM
Oh thank you By the way AWESOME game

mary69lyn
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by mary69lyn on Jul 9, 11 12:03 PM
I could not figure out how to comebine the book with the pen in inventory for a long time, it just wouldn't work, however, I finally noticed that Sylvie stated that she had to sign the book "in private".
Also, I noticed that others who had this trouble were told that they had to read the book first.
So, what worked for me was to right click the book to pull it up onto the screen, read it, close out, and the newly read version goes into inventory. Then enter the building and sign it in there. Crazy, huh? Affter that you can go back to the people in costume and give them their signed copy.
Right now I am having trouble getting the brush to combine with the vinyl acetate, which is something that needs to be done farther on down. Haven't figured out the solution to that one yet.

Go to: