hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

very disappointing

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 8, 11 8:00 AM
I know that SE's have the ending cut off and I know that they will say "to be continued" but I am really disappointed in the ending of this game. I didn't think the game was all that interesting to begin with and the ending was so obvious. It was just such a let down for me. The old werewolf story done again. Nothing new there.

Are we ever going to get ANY good games anymore that aren't CE's? It seems that the games are either CE's or just so short that they are over just as I'm starting to enjoy them.

What about games like "Drawn The Painted Tower" or "Dire Grove" or "Azada" or even "Mystery of Mortlake Manor" ? The new games seem to be either really short or cut down in SE format. Will we never get any good games anymore for $6.99 or are those days gone for good?

Even the sequels to those old games leave me feeling cheated. I think the first "Serpent of Isis" was far better than the new one.

I don't think I'll be playing these anymore. I just bought "Rhiannon" and I'm excited. These LF games leave me with a story and a challenge. I don't feel at the end like I'm left hanging.

I hate these new CE's and I feel bad for newcomers because they didn't know BF when it was great.

JMO

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:very disappointing

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 8, 11 6:17 PM
I didn't know that happened hippiefishie! I am now really glad I had tech problems that wouldn't let me play (let alone buy!) thanks for the info!

Lean

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Mar 8, 11 9:05 PM
Very sloppy!!! Complete a puzzle to enter a new scene, and ....WTF? Cut scene and credits?

Oh yeah, just rush into a 15 second narration that "wraps up" - what exactly? No TBC, bad guy still on loose, scene not even investigated even though there's a corpse on the ground....

ERS couldn't spare another minute or two for an epilogue of some sort? It felt more like I was playing a demo and my time ran out, than playing a 'complete' game. I feel kind of ripped off.

I'm not jumping to blame BFG, but I'd appreciate it if TPTB here would inform ERS that customers are getting ticked off about these bogus incomplete games. There are plenty of developers out there for you to not risk your good reputation serving up this type of slop to your loyal customers.

This is not about the money. Offer me a game that is complete (even if it clearly leads to sequel, as long as it wraps up the adventure), and tell me what you'd like me to pay. I feel like I bought a $7.99 game that they took a dollar's worth of game away from to balance the price out. Like other products - keep the price, but put less in the box. That might be okay with crackers, but not games.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 9, 11 2:15 AM
I forgot to mention the dialogue! The characters were two dimensional and were so predictable.

The gypsy women in particular had read a passage that sounded like she was in 3rd grade! She stopped and paused every three words like she didn't know the words!

Compare this dialogue to the Edgar Allen Poe games and you will know what I mean. The dialogue in those games was shorter but gave you mysterious clues and was interesting to listen to.

I'm going to play my older games for a while. BF, I love you, but you have to get better! Your reputation is on the line and new people will not want to join. Please start offering quality games again even if the price goes up a little. But don't rip us off on SE's now because an hour demo is not long enough to size up the dialogue and the ending.

Please, do it before you start losing loyal customers like me. If other developers aren't putting quality games out there then you do it! We know you can. They don't all have to be like Dire Grove, but please, NOT like the last swamp one. I can't even remember the name of the title, that's how bad it was.

You were great once. Be great again. It's not quantity, it's quality that people remember. It's getting to the point where I onlly log on to see the Daily Deal now because the old games were better!

JMO

Go to: