[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 9, 11 12:10 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Jump Jump Jelly Reactor - DD for 9Mar2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 9, 11 12:14 AM
The comments in the rest of this forum are all positive at least...

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 9, 11 1:39 AM

Sometimes I can line up something above the rock and it smashes it BUT sometimes it doesn't -- HUH??? Sometimes I can line up vertically several colors and sometimes it smashes the rock BUT sometimes it doesn't -- HUH???

What's with those levels that has 1 rock that has a CLEAR line to the bottom with NO JELLIES in sight and CANNOT click to get any; other than clicking the skip button, he doesn't reach the bottom. Another level, there's a blue jelly and then a rock above it, no matter how much you click -- you canNOT stop the rock from jumping down and eating the blue jelly. Again, if you click skip, it apparently does NOT eat the blue jelly allowing itself to be put in the machine. So what's the purpose of those levels, if all you're going to do is click the skip button?

I don't know if I even want to spend the $3.00 on this game -- there are NOOOOOO instructions whatever on how to actually get rid the rocks, just on how to gather the jellies.
MEnr56

Edited on 03/09/2011 at 1:40:28 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 9, 11 2:51 AM
This is a no buy for me. Much to easy and I have many better games to play. But I wish everyone "Happy gaming"

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Mar 9, 11 4:51 AM
Love this game, played the trial for 45 mins and it flew by XD

It starts of easy but gets harder, and it adds a lot of features to match 3 making it more challenging and fun.

There are rocks that have different abilities and can only be killed in different specific ways which can be tricky, as it goes on you need to watch carefully when it shows you how to kill them otherwise you won't be able to damage them.

The only slight issue I would say is that I noticed no instructions to explain elements that initially puzzled me, but you get the idea as you play.

Definitely a from me, and a definite buy, glad I tried the trial.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 9, 11 5:38 AM
MEnr56 wrote:What's with those levels that has 1 rock that has a CLEAR line to the bottom with NO JELLIES in sight and CANNOT click to get any; other than clicking the skip button, he doesn't reach the bottom.

That's a tutorial screen. It explains what the nasty rocks are going to do on the next level.

I'm enjoying this. It's fun, and a bit different game mechanic so I have to think a bit, but not too much. IMO definitely worth the DD price, for those who enjoy M3 games. I haven't noticed whether there's a timer in the normal levels. The frenzy part between normal boards is timed, and I don't like that time pressure; it's not that I don't have time to see the solution, it's that my shaky hands have trouble moving the mouse in the right pattern quickly enough.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Mar 9, 11 9:33 AM

l bought this game years ago and still like to play it once in a while. The replay value is high.
Everybody who likes a puzzeling challenge should buy this with the cheap offer.

Eisteep: this game is NOT easy.
The graphics might look childish, but they're also very clear. This should not turn anybody off.

At The Gate l never ever could get to level 13 and
in The Power Station l never got passed level 6.
So l wouldn't say it's easy.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Mar 9, 11 7:57 PM
This is kind of a wierd little game. I didn't do well at the power station - I guess I don't understand what I'm supposed to do. I don't know what all the little things are that hatch out of the eggs at the hut.

[Post New]by kafish on Sep 28, 11 8:09 PM
I have a question. Am in power station third block goal three of six and to get by it you have to have zap three rows of, I assume all the same color. I can get one or two rows but never three. Is there a trick? This game seemed easy at first but then got progrssively harder. zapping jellies is healing, late in the evening. Kafish

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Jump Jump Jelly Reactor - DD for 9Mar2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jan 11, 13 2:47 PM
I greatly dislike games like this that figure the play is intuitive, and don't give you Help screens to make everything explicit.

I am perfectly happy to be told everything I already know so long as the thing I do not know is in there somewhere.

A non-buy for me, too.

Go to: