bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Virtual Villagers: A New Home technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 9, 11 12:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Virtual Villagers: A New Home technical issues here only

[Post New]by margreet58 on Sep 12, 11 3:54 AM
I like this vv game, but i like them all, the are my faforiets Margreet

Tvini
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Tvini on Oct 23, 12 6:22 PM
Today, the morning after I upgraded to Mac OS Mountain Lion 10.8.2, I attempt to launch the game from the Game Manager and am immediately sent to the "thank you for playing" screen - without having actually played. I am also experiencing issues with other Virtual Villagers games. I wonder if this is an issue of the games being incompatible with the most recent Mac OS.

Any word on a planned update?

[Post New]by yvon12 on Mar 3, 13 11:11 AM
I have to start over again everytime i quit the game. Help

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 3, 13 4:08 PM
Hi yvon12 and welcome to the Pond!

When a game doesn't save your progress correctly, one thing that can help is playing it in Administrator Mode. This makes sure it has all the permission it needs to run correctly and create good save files. We go over how to make that adjustment here.

If you try that and the game is still starting over at the beginning, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to see what else might be causing the trouble and work with you directly to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/03/2013 at 4:09:02 PM PST

[Post New]by pjboy123 on Aug 15, 13 6:09 PM
It keeps saying I have error 2 what is error 2 and how do I fix it.

[Post New]by pjboy123 on Aug 15, 13 6:30 PM
when i press play it goes straight to the play again page.

[Post New]by phoenixinkd on Nov 20, 13 5:58 AM
pjboy123 wrote:when i press play it goes straight to the play again page.

I am having this problem too. I bought the game after having played these ones before and I cannot even play it at all. It won't even open up it just goes straight back to the play again screen in the game manager. Urgent fix please!!

[Post New]by CoolShark on Apr 4, 14 7:49 AM
Every time I click the play button in goes straight to the play again screen. Is this a problem with the game itself?

[Post New]by apollo1001 on Jun 8, 14 4:56 AM
I bought this game without trialling due to a special offer. When I try and run it I get the error message "You can't open the application Isola because PowerPC applications are no longer supported".

Any ideas? Refund?

[Post New]by Fibrofreak78 on Sep 7, 14 5:36 AM
No matter which VV game my partner or I upload and put it on 2x speed...the villagers STILL walk wicked S-L-O-W-....omg...I age just watching them..any suggestions??

[Post New]by Mel353 on Nov 29, 14 7:59 PM
I just bought the game on my iMac running Yosemite along with 2 other Virtual Villagers games and none of them work. I click play but nothing happens, it just says "Thanks for playing" even though I haven't got in the game yet. Are they not updated for Yosemite yet or what could be the issue?

[Post New]by Kildara on Jan 12, 15 8:13 AM
I am also getting the "thank you for playing" screen immediately upon start up. Now I'm wondering how many of my older games no longer work.

[Post New]by shittyshit on Mar 23, 15 8:23 AM
My game wont open

I have recently purchased the game and every time I click Play it sends me to a screen where it gives me the Option to Play Again even though no game has opened.
My Mac is up to date with the latest software (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling, then uninstalling the game and Game Manager and reinstalling, signing in and out but nothing. I have run one of your Dr. Felix reports and sent it to you but no reply still!

Go to: