Using the mace on the hole in the cave wall

[Post New]by CROCKETT315 on Mar 9, 11 2:26 AM
I have been back and forth to that danged hole and hit it with that danged mace so many times, I would have brought down a real mountain! Twice out of a thousand hits, I made a small crack in the hole. Walkthrough says to hit it three times with the mace, and so I have done - over and over and over. What am i doing wrong????? Thanks in advance! Keep on fishing!

lettinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Using the mace on the hole in the cave wall

[Post New]by lettinger on Mar 9, 11 10:27 AM
I hope you get an answer because I'm also tired of hitting the hole in the wall with the mace. Can we make the mace heavier somehow?

[Post New]by cushca on Mar 10, 11 10:18 PM
i'm having the same problem

[Post New]by CROCKETT315 on Mar 11, 11 2:46 AM
Makes me sad. I was having an okay time with the game until then. Now, I can go no further. I've managed two hits, out of dozens of tries, but can't get that third one to break through. I don't know if there's a certain place to hit, a certain way to hit, something I haven't picked up yet...If anyone finds out, please share!

[Post New]by cushca on Mar 15, 11 5:23 AM
as a last resort i just wiped the game so i could waste yet another 400000 + mbs and reload it and it put me straight back where i left the thing and still cant break through the wall. i'm over it!
i cant even get on to customer care at the moment.... grrrr

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 5:40:37 AM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Mar 15, 11 9:21 AM
Are you hitting the right spot in the cave?

Click a closeup of the spot and then hit the spot on the side of the cave 3 times

[Post New]by CROCKETT315 on Mar 17, 11 2:13 AM
I think we're all hitting the right spot. Me, I've tried focusing on various parts of the hole - center, sides, the part where it has begun to crack - but it seems to make no difference.

[Post New]by benz_girl on Mar 18, 11 8:29 AM
I'm having the same problem. I tried shutting down and restart, moving from the scene and starting again, and hitting that stupid rock so many times I'm tired of the game!!! Has anyone figured this out? I have also tried, like others, to hit various spots on the rock, hoping I'll hit the 'sweet spot'....but I don't think this game has one!

Using the mace on the hole in the cave wall

[Post New]by cremley01 on Mar 18, 11 7:36 PM
Having the same problem...is there a fix for this?

[Post New]by walleye7 on Mar 21, 11 8:39 AM
help anyone

[Post New]by oneFiona on Apr 17, 11 12:57 AM
I have the same problem, who can help

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Apr 25, 11 1:53 PM
I agree it is driving me mad and I am at the verge of giving up on the game

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Apr 26, 11 8:41 AM
DONE IT!

I read the collector's edition forum and someone on there said that you have to hit the rock with the mace BEFORE you put the cage down.

It meant having to start again which was a bit annoying, but there was no problem at all this time.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 10:11:45 AM PST

Go to: