lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 10, 11 12:19 AM
Okay, I'll say it................. another Collectors Edition? Really?
I'm d/l ing to try it, but have to say that this is about the 5th or 6th we've had in a very short time and only 1 has been released as an SE (the wolf one).
Please BFG - even though some of these are really good games, the SEs are taking longer and longer to be released and it's very frustrating.

Anyhoo, I'll pop back with my thpoughts on this one a bit later

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 1:51:54 PM PST

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Mar 10, 11 12:25 AM
Yep, and I'll reiterate everything lucyloket has said. Looks a good game though and I will probably buy it.............BUT we do need some GOOD SE games to use our game credits on!!!!!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 10, 11 12:31 AM
Downloading now , cant wait. Looks like I am going to lose 6 game credits since lately the only decent games are CE's and not regular versions of games. Why do we get 3 game credits for CE's and I cant find games the next month to purchase with them.

Love BFG but it is trying some times.

Love this game, purchasing right now. I enjoy the storyline, great graphics. Big improvement --- would have been acting voices!!!!

Happy gaming

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 1:51:08 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Mar 10, 11 12:42 AM
Oh come on BF .. I really don't mind paying a bit over the odds for an exceptionally good game, and I understand why you have to .. but if that's the way it has to be, then you really have to do something about the quality of the rest. I'm not handing over my subscription every month for just one decent game a week .. and then be charged over a tenner for it. It's just not good enough.

Either release the SE's much much sooner .. or increase the price of all games .. to say £8.99 - including the good ones ... or at least allow us to use credits (maybe 2?) to purchase a CE.

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Diapointed again

[Post New]by mismo55 on Mar 10, 11 12:43 AM
Getting fed up with BF, I used to look forward to seeing what the next new game was, now they all seem to be CE's, which I can't afford, so no game for me again today. :-(

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 10, 11 12:45 AM
I've played for 10 minutes or so, well drawn but hard to spot items (well for my eyes anyway). Got to go out now so will play more when I get back, but ....

I know some of us get annoyed when the accents/language are not properly researched (me too), but this is set in Cornwall (balmiest place in the UK), in October and there is snow on the ground and I can hear a kookaburra calling all the time.

You will be pleased to know that I have found the boomerang lol!

I know, I know, this is meant to be where we review games, but how hard is it to find out the teeniest bit about the county where you randomly decide to set your game?!

There may also be a few religion based complaints too later on - just because pagan isn't mainstream it isn't necessarily bad - I am hoping that this game doesn't reinforce prejudices too much.

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Mar 10, 11 12:48 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I've played for 10 minutes or so, well drawn but hard to spot items (well for my eyes anyway). Got to go out now so will play more when I get back, but ....

I know some of us get annoyed when the accents/language are not properly researched (me too), but this is set in Cornwall (balmiest place in the UK), in October and there is snow on the ground and I can hear a kookaburra calling all the time.

I know, I know, this is meant to be where we review games, but how hard is it to find out the teeniest bit about the county where you randomly decide to set your game?!

There may also be a few religion based complaints too later on - just because pagan isn't mainstream it isn't necessarily bad - I am hoping that this game doesn't reinforce prejudices too much.

Thank you for a game-related comment in the review thread.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Mar 10, 11 12:54 AM
Played about 15 minutes of the trial and even though it's another CE, it's a definite buy! Story seems to be marching right along, very clear graphics, a good mix of HOG and mini-games. Nothing too difficult. Story line looks to be occult-y. Music repetitive but I usually turn down sounds and music anyway. Off to DL full version, do chores and then sit back and play!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 10, 11 12:55 AM
I'm off to play demo so can't offer an opinion yet but just wanted to agree with other posters re games. Have you noticed Thursdays are the day for CE's?
So it's one of those a week and if we are lucky some other games to use our credits on....

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 12:55:39 AM PST

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Mar 10, 11 12:56 AM
@ Kimvy - "I know some of us get annoyed when the accents/language are not properly researched (me too), but this is set in Cornwall (balmiest place in the UK), in October and there is snow on the ground and I can hear a kookaburra calling all the time.

You will be pleased to know that I have found the boomerang lol! "

lololol right? gotta wonder if they mistook Cornwall for Australia...heh

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 10, 11 1:06 AM
I don't have any language or grammer issues with any game. I have no country as I am an immigrant and those nit picky things are irrelevant to most of us if it is a good game otherwise. Particularly since I play with the Sound off. Perhaps those of you who find it somewhat irritating, should write the Developer. This is not a BFG problem. They don't edit.

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Mar 10, 11 1:10 AM
je_peche wrote:@ Kimvy - "I know some of us get annoyed when the accents/language are not properly researched (me too), but this is set in Cornwall (balmiest place in the UK), in October and there is snow on the ground and I can hear a kookaburra calling all the time.

You will be pleased to know that I have found the boomerang lol! "

lololol right? gotta wonder if they mistook Cornwall for Australia...heh

I never have the sound on so I miss out on all that, but that was a hilarious comment. It might be worth playing with the sound on to hear the kookaburra in GB's fall/winter.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 10, 11 1:10 AM
Not sure how I feel about this game. It looks nice but I don't think it plays too well. After the first Hidden ob scene I had to turn the most irritating sound effects right down. There was a bug on one of the puzzles as well where the 'info' tag remained stuck to the cursor, I had to restart the game to clear it. Also if you ask for a hint on a puzzle it skips it! I don't know, it might be a good game, I may wait for the SE. I agree with all the comments about the lack of decent games and the way we keep getting CEs instead. Maybe BF should change its banner to 'A new Collectors Edition every week' and not much else. I seem to use credits up less frequently these days, not sure if it is worth the price.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 10, 11 1:12 AM
As to the game -- Good news! The Strategy Guide is available for the sample portion so everyone can see how it is set up.
Two modes, advanced and casual. Choice of Custom Cursor or system cursor.
Graphics seem decent enough, but no voices ?
Only played 20minutes, saving the rest for tomorrow.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 1:13:54 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Mar 10, 11 1:14 AM
I don't usually even demo a CE but sure am glad I did with this one. I will have to decide if I want it now or can wait for the SE. Looks to be a really interesting game if it continues the way it started! A definite buy for me a some point. Have to look in the wallet and see is it is a now or later.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 10, 11 1:14 AM
kimvy wrote:
nelliegemini wrote:I've played for 10 minutes or so, well drawn but hard to spot items (well for my eyes anyway). Got to go out now so will play more when I get back, but ....

Thank you for a game-related comment in the review thread.

Kimvy

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 10, 11 1:18 AM

I played the entire trial, had no technical problems and the game proceded very smoothly.

I enjoyed the great graphics and the ancient celtic theme with a modern day mystery. No voices but interesting sound effects.

I will definitely buy this game!

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Mar 10, 11 1:21 AM
Played the full demo in 45 minutes. Found the graphics to be quite clear. The story line was interesting enough. Didn`t find it at all scary with the ghosts jumping out at you. Music a bit morbid but then I usually turn volumn off anyway. Puzzles easy to figure out and it does have skip options with them. Recharge hint button for hog scenes takes maybe half a minute to refill. Using the hint button if your not sure what to do next will point in the area to go. Looks to be a really large file game with plenty to do and areas to go to. It`s a buy for me as I was getting into the demo.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 10, 11 1:27 AM
Good Morning all !.

I have 8 mins to spare on this game.

It is a very pleasent H O game with an inventory etc and puzzles.

I will definitely buy it as a SE but not as a CE, partly because it isn't quite worthy of CE status just yet & partly because I am on CE strike LOL

The help button is useful & recharges at a reasonable rate not only showing you objects but directs you where to go next. The stratagy guide is also clear and easy to follow.

I found the few puzzles I did a bit bizzare. I suppose I is my fault but I do not do algebra at 08:30 in the morning, but they are skipapble if the solution in the SG is unhelpful.

NellieGemini, it is debatable whether Cornwall is actually part of the UK (Says she from neighbouring Devon LOL) although we are free to enter it free of charge, to keep migration down, we charge the Cornish to leave it via the Tamar bridge LOL.

Tuttlepeever, I think Nellie was just having a light hearted dig, not a moan, As far as I know there are no kookaburra's in Cornwall, not even in Newquay zoo

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 10, 11 1:28 AM
I love it! It's a buy for me.

Some of the puzzles I did skip, because I did't no what to do. But it's a beautifull game. The hint-button recharge quick.

Happy gaming!

Go to: