Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 18, 17 7:38 PM
Welcome Mollythecat the folk on this thread will always be glad to help if you get stuck and sometimes we have a bit of fun as well!

[Post New]by mollythecat on Nov 18, 17 8:36 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:Welcome Mollythecat the folk on this thread will always be glad to help if you get stuck and sometimes we have a bit of fun as well!

Thanks Trav3lbird

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 19, 17 2:28 PM
Anyone with nothing to do, have a look at Casablanca 43. I have the architect level as part of the daily deal and have lost 10 lives trying to pass it - now I’m not new at this game but this level has really got me and I can’t see that boosts will help so I’m wondering if anyone else can get it easily? The Casablanca thread is locked and no help there.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 19, 17 4:21 PM
Even with multiple boosts, I don't see how to win it without a large amount of luck. I made intern but am also stumped on architect.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 19, 17 6:04 PM
Ha - I got it after using another 3 lives and it was pure luck! The reward for the deal was 2 rain clouds so I guess it was worth it as I am filling in time waiting for beautiful Copenhagen to open and being really mean about using boosts or coins

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 19, 17 7:09 PM
Hey Trav3lbird, I sent a PM off to Beruna about Casablanca being locked, I've been trying to stay on top of them but I guess that one slipped by me! I bumped the ones that were due between now and mid December so it should be good.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 20, 17 12:08 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Hello everyone, just stopping by to say thanks for the info about day 60 on the treasure chests, and Marie maybe I'll bump into you in Boston ( ha-ha), after the week I've had I really need a vacation!

Grampa are you in Boston as well?
I've reached the level 59
Was able to get some coins and try not to spend them...

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 20, 17 12:11 AM
The Everest challenge is back on again. Just got it on my ipad. Only been four days since I completed the last one. Thank you GD. I really appreciate the two hours each time its on and its been very worthwhile doing it. For anyone who hasn't time to use the 2 hours free, Frans58 put a great tip on a new thread called 'trick to delay free time of the Everest challenge' so check that out.

[Post New]by susiesaucepan on Nov 20, 17 1:01 AM
You have to get passed the first base, which i haven't managed yet, I'm always reluctant to spend coins or boosts for the first couple of bases, otherwise it can end up costing a load to complete.
If anyone finds a good technique, let me know!

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Nov 20, 17 7:03 AM
Everest Challenge level 5 is a killer. Have plenty of sunshine boosts as half way down anything there gets blocked in by ice, even souvenirs. I forget how many souvenirs there are cos when the ice showed up I kind of went into survival mode as I used up my sunshine on a previous level of Everest. Needless to say I have to start all over. Good Luck to everyone on this one.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 20, 17 7:36 AM
Hi Marie, just started there yesterday afternoon, made level 20 before bedtime last night, the A-Team was right, this is a really fun city, and for me it's like coming home, as I was born and spent a good portion of my childhood just to the south in Newport, Rhode Island! Now that I've caught up my PM's for the Resources thread, I'm heading back to Boston!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Nov 20, 17 1:02 PM
Just noticed an interesting anomaly in the game. I had 2 hours of free play after the Everest Challenge today. I started my last game with 1 minute left of the two hours. But when i lost the level, I guess I was over the two hour window and the game took a life. So, the two hours ends not when you start a level, but during game play. Interesting.

And, I love the tips you old folks leave on this board. We seniors are the Champs of GD.

And, mollythecat, my three cats say "hello" (also "please feed me").

Edited on 11/20/2017 at 1:22:26 PM PST

[Post New]by mollythecat on Nov 20, 17 5:34 PM

And, mollythecat, my three cats say "hello" (also "please feed me").

Molly is the cat and she doesn't like it when I focus on an electronic device. She knocks out the power code if it is charging, while playing. She says feed me all the time, haha.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 20, 17 9:21 PM
My kitties also want all the attention and we have had some interesting moments when my game was screwed by a paw or two in the middle of the board.?

[Post New]by mollythecat on Nov 20, 17 9:43 PM
kailuaauntie wrote:My kitties also want all the attention and we have had some interesting moments when my game was screwed by a paw or two in the middle of the board.?

yes, a cat and her servant live here. Sometimes the servant sneaks away and plays this game while the master naps.

By the way, I used to get free wheel spins or extra lives if I watched an ad for other games. Does all that stop when you sign up for facebook or did it disappear with an upgrade? I liked the free wheel spins.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 20, 17 9:48 PM
GamingGrampa wrote:Hi Marie, just started there yesterday afternoon, made level 20 before bedtime last night, the A-Team was right, this is a really fun city, and for me it's like coming home, as I was born and spent a good portion of my childhood just to the south in Newport, Rhode Island! Now that I've caught up my PM's for the Resources thread, I'm heading back to Boston!

You're doing a great job with the resources thread Grampa.
Went to NY many years ago( in 1988) and really loved the city.
Now, I would like going to Boston in RL.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Nov 21, 17 6:20 AM
Molly: Do you know the old saying "Dogs have masters, cats have staff"?

My cat Snowflake once brought me three shovels. But, he is so worth it.

[Post New]by mollythecat on Nov 21, 17 6:31 AM
snowmanvt wrote:Molly: Do you know the old saying "Dogs have masters, cats have staff"?

My cat Snowflake once brought me three shovels. But, he is so worth it.

Smart cat! Shovels are the best!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 21, 17 3:48 PM
Copenhagen update now available for iOS!!! Downloading it now.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 21, 17 4:22 PM
No update down here yet - I see a Christmas special is on the way too

Go to: