Ready for the special room

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
768 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by dandydog on Jan 29, 18 4:29 AM
EeeeeK..Eeek..EEEEK!... ...Calm down Egor...I am certain that PTG didn't mean it literately that He was going to EAT you....Could you please hand me that wrench over there?... ...Thanks Egor....Squeek.. bang!..bonk!..Ba-rooom!.. ..Ba-roooom!.. ...There..She's running just fine now...Ecck..Ecccck..?... ..No Egor...No riding the Super Duper Putt Putt right now cause we've got to report back to Captain Randy what I found out about the Ambulates... ... and how some Dastardly Villain has been messing around blocking all our attempts of communications with one another ...Crackle..crackle..Sputter!..Sputter!..See what I mean Egor? Ecck..Ecck ..Eck?... ..I guess we can keep an eye out for PTG on the way.....just in case he's still a little bit unhappy about His missing Banana's OK?......Whoaaaa now!.. ..Why is there such a large group of Slightly Insane People gather outside the Tea Room Salty?...Some dang Fool left an Banana Peel on the Tea Room Kitchen floor and of course Mrs Fletcher's dainty foot just happened to find It.......Down She went...Ker-Splat!..... ...Doc Poppet says She done Sprained Her poor old back badly so there won't be any Special Treats for quite sometime....Sigh..Grumble!..Grumble!.....If I ever get my hands on whoever left that Peel....Hey!...Whys Your Monkey galloping away so fast Dandydog?......

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 10:39:31 AM PST

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Jan 29, 18 5:17 AM
Doc Poppet had just finished chipping my cats when I received the message from Captain Randy to meet him back in the Tea Room.

Doc Poppet was quite surprised that Big Kitty did not mind being micro-chipped, In fact, Big Kitty took quite a liking to Doc Poppet, asking for numerous head scratches and belly rubs.

I had to stop him from jumping into Doc Poppet's lap however.

"See," I said over some rather load purring, "He thinks he is just a large house cat. Just like my other cats."

"You do know he's only going to get bigger. Adult tigers usually weigh about 600 pounds."

I let Doc Poppet out. Big Kitty still wanted some loving, purring and rubbing against my legs.

"We have to go see the Captain now." I placed the harness back on Big Kitty, and loaded some grenades and dynamite into my bag and set out for the Tea Room.

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 5:24:17 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,166 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 29, 18 6:04 AM
I arrive at the Tea Room having helped Salty repair a minor leak in my hideaway.Well actually I accidently fell over the Brewing Machine which was filled with my latest potion.Phew it did smell quite bad . The mixture sort of seeped through the floorboards & landed on the Drunken Skeleton? I must remember to check up on him later & buy him a pint of his favourite ale.

In the Tea Room Randy & PTG are shouting all sorts at me but the jist of it is "Where
the heck have you been?" Now I could go into great detail of my previous 24 hours but instead I ask " Have you two been at my Rage Essence potion ?"

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,455 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 29, 18 10:18 AM
I turn to the Cap;n and ask quietly
"What color was the liquid in the bottle that you swigged before telling Angel what to write down for the newcomers?"

He scowls at me as though I am still an idjit!

"Yellow you cretin, like my honey rum!"

I sigh

"Oh dear! You should have drunk the blue one!

"The BLUE one is the Alchemic Infusion, which brings back lost memories!

"no wonder you have, to pardon the expression, 'your knickers in a twist'!"

I step back somewhat just in he explodes into a towering rage as that yellow liquid (the Rage Essence) is powerful stuff.

Spoiler: The Knight overcame his incarceration problems after taking it, slaying all and sundry to escape from his captors.

And the Cap'n NEVER takes just a sip of anything!!

I turn to Roo:

"You brought the stuff in here. Did you KNOW which bottle to give him?

"And is there an antidote or do we all have to suffer him behaving like a raving lunatic all day?"

AuntieRoo
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,166 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 29, 18 11:38 AM
"ME...I wasn't even here!! Oh wait,is that the claw print of an owl on the bottle? Could it be that a certain creature stole my potions?...
Never mind,I have a potion in my bag which should fix Randys current mood."
I eventually find the antidote at the bottom of my bag.I CHECK THE LABEL... ,mandrake root,Eye of manicure,pink blush etc.I open the stopper say a healing prayer then ask PTG to slip it into Randys honey rum.
"Me" PTG asks."Well it's that or you hit him on the head with the Claw Statuette & hope he stays down until his rage has abated

Edited on 01/29/2018 at 11:52:55 AM PST

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,455 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 3, 18 12:42 AM
The effect of Roo’s antidote, as I pour it into the honey rum, is quite interesting.

The usually deep amber colored clear liquid has turned bright blue and is now cloudy.

There is NO Way that Cap’n Bob is going to quaff this concoction no matter what state of mind he is in.

Time for quick improvisation, especially as I have just poured the entire antidote into the honey rum!

I think to my broom:
“Quick – into the HOS Repository - bring me some chocolate candies and the syringe from the Interrogation Room.”

No sooner said than done, and I am soon injecting this very strange liquid into the candies.

Then I place these in a bowl and slide it near to him while he is still ranting on about how useless his minions are.

At last I see his wandering eye catch sight of the candies.

These disappear as if by magic into his foaming lips and he chomps on them until he hits their soft centers.

‘Bingo!’

The effect is dramatic as he slumps dazed back down into his chair, looking around him somewhat befuddled.

“What am I? Who am I? Where am I?”

Our dear leader is back to his usual woe begotten self and we all give a sigh of relief!

Sharp_Eye574363
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Feb 3, 18 12:20 PM
Okay.....I finally got the new inmates settled and made sure they all got the agenda as Cap. Randy asked me to do. I also sketched them a floor plan so they'll know where it's safe to go and how to get to and from. Lastly, I made sure all the new inmates had their amulets on and showed them how we use them to communicate.

Now that we're about to embark on a mission to rescue Grim, I really do need to get my camera back from the shop. Who knows what shenanigans we're in for and having pictures for proof of the evil lurking about will be so much better, and faster, than my feeble sketches.

Well, the good news is, my camera is FINALLY ready! The bad news is, the shopkeeper is worse than Skull Pete when it comes to payment for his services! Seriously?! 300 coins and 25 diamonds for one camera repair?! I better warn the others in case they're ever in need of this shop's services.

I hightail it back to Mrs. Fletcher's Tea Room now so I won't miss any of Cap. Randy's instructions for our upcoming mission to rescue Grim. I arrive back just in time to see he's a lot calmer than when I left and PTG and Roo seem very pleased with themselves about it! In fact, he looks like he's in need of a good cup of tea about now instead of his usual Honey Rum!

Well, since Mrs. Fletcher is laid up thanks to a mis-placed banana peel, I go make the tea and deliver it to Cap. Randy so we can get this show on the road.......

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Feb 3, 18 2:58 PM
* It's Babo's birthday and I'm going to bake a red velvet octopus cake for her.

* Instead of pre-heating, however, the oven gets colder and colder. Finally Cash tells me I haven't remembered to turn it on and there is no time now. Babo arrives at 3:15, or maybe that's 9:13 - Cash isn't sure, because it all happened well before his time - but he does know the urban legend about the cat and the large sheet of sticker paper, which is why the cat now hates everyone.

* Anyway, Cash says, you need to wake up now, before it's so cold you don't wake up at all. He kisses my cheek, which he hardly ever does these days. Also, he adds, I don't know what to do about this bird.

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by ghjwmur511 on Feb 3, 18 4:10 PM

Edited on 02/03/2018 at 5:31:11 PM PST

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Feb 3, 18 9:58 PM
I finally slept well and woke well rested for a change, but what I didn’t know was how long. Apparently it was the rest of the night and all day. It was dark outside my window when I looked over. I got up anyway.

I did what I needed to, got dressed, ate and took Buddy for a walk. Despite the Winter weather, the night air was very pleasant and invited me to look up. I could see the stars and the glorious full moon.

When we came back in, I gave Buddy a treat and then sat down to play my game. As I played, I said a wish ouloud without thinking. Suddenly Buddy vanished and a moment later he returned with the item. All I could do was sit there stunned for a moment. Buddy laid it at my feet when I didn’t immediately take it. That broke me out of my shock and I picked up, praising him for doing a good job.

charlieisr
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,023 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Feb 4, 18 2:29 AM
I WAS ABOUT READY TO GO LOOKING FOR A ROOM WHEN THE ONE THEY CALLED ANGEL TOOK ME TO MINE. SHE HELPED WITH BUNDLES OF YARN. I CARRIED MY JACKET WITH ALL THE BALLS OF YARN THE ELVES HAD MADE FROM THE CHRISTMAS STOCKING. I SNAGGED A FEW MORE ON OUR WALK TO MY ROOM. THE ELVES STILL HAD NOT BEEN SPOTTED.

SHE GAVE ME AN AMULET TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE OTHERS. I ASKED IF I WAS TO COME TO THE TEA ROOM TO EAT OR IF I WAS TO EAT IN MY ROOM. SHE SAID EITHER. AND GAVE ME A FLOORPLAN OF WHERE IT WAS SAFE FOR ME TO GO. AND SOME RULES.

HUMMM. I LOOKED AT THE PLAN. IT WAS EASY TO SEE HOW TO LEAVE. BUT I WONDERED IF I COULD GET BACK IN WITH MY PETS. THEN I DECIDED I WOULD GET THE DOGS AND CATS FIRST THE OWL AND BAT COULD FOLLOW US THERE WAS A WINDOW I COULD OPEN FOR THEM TO COME IN. I DO HOPE DR. POPPET. WOULD COME TO THE ROOM TO DO THEM. IT WOULD BE EASIER THAN TAKING THEM ALL TO THE DR. AS A GROUP OR ONE BY ONE.

NOW I HAVE TO FIND A SUITABLE PLACE FOR THE PONY, AND BABY MAMMOTH. THEY WILL NEED SHELTER AND FRESH WATER.

THINK I WILL HAVE A LOOK AROUND THE TOWN,

NOT SURE PTG IS A NICE PERSON. I COULD HEAR HIS THOUGHTS. I HAVEN'T DONE THAT IN YEARS.

OVER WEIGHT PETS. THAT IS THE LAST THING I WOULD DO TO AN ANIMAL . IT IS NOT HEALTHY. EVERY DOG OR CAT I HAVE EVER HAD. LIVED LONGER THEN THE BOOKS OR SO CALLED AUTHORITIES ON PETS SAID THEY SHOULD.

IT IS ANIMAL ABUSE TO OVER FEED AN ANIMAL. I KNOW ABOUT CATS, DOGS, HORSES, BUT NOT MAMMOTHS. FARM BORN AND RAISED. SO THERE MR. PTG.

I LOOK AT THE ROOM. NICE RUG. WINDOWS WITH GOOD LIGHT. NICE FIREPLACE. TO KEEP THE ROOM WARM. LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DECORATED FOR CHRISTMAS. WELL IT IS NOW FEB. IT ALL HAS TO COME DOWN.

I LOOKED IN THE SECOND ROOM. IT WAS A BEDROOM. NICE BIG BED. GOOD THE DOGS AND CATS WILL LIKE IT. A SECOND FIREPLACE. BUT NO FIRE. A SITTING AREA, THIS WILL DO QUITE NICELY.

I SAT DOWN IN A CHAIR AND STARTED TO MAKE A LIST OF THINGS I WOULD NEED. THEY SEEMED TO HAVE THOUGH OF EVERYTHING. THERE WAS PAPER AND PEN IN A DESK ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BED BY A HUGE WARDROBE. A SMALL DOOR CAUGHT MY EYE. I OPENED IT. WELL I BE.

IT WAS A MODERN BATHROOM. EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE ROOMS LOOKED TO BE FROM THE LATE 1800'S. THE SAME WITH THE MAIN ROOM.

COFFEE. I NEED COFFEE. I WONDER. I LOOKED AROUND THIS ROOM AND THE MAIN ROOM.

THEN I SPOTTED IT. THERE BY THE DOOR WAS A LIGHT SWITCH. I MATCHED THE WALL SO WELL IF YOU WEREN'T LOOKING FOR IT YOU WOULD MISS IT.

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,455 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 5, 18 3:37 AM
I am finishing off my ‘nth’ cup of hong cha for the day.

This successfully alleviates my current stress over our dear Cap’n Bob’s recent strange behavior.

Thoughts creep into my mind from my amulet. The tones are dulcet but the contents are not!

It is our feisty ancienne who we have just housed in one of the largest and plushest suites of rooms in the hospital wing.

After she had inquired about her pets she must have forgotten to tune out her amulet as shown and is still broadcasting to all and sundry.

I cannot afford to be a “nice person”.

We are at war with the prevailing evil around us.

Also I do not have time to arrange the housing for her larger pets.

There should be enough space in her rooms even though it will be a bit of a squash.
If housed there, she will be the one responsible for their well being.

There is plenty of food and I can get a shovel and bucket from the HOS repository for her use.

In fact, my broom insists on it.

I see these gleaming in the corner of the Tea Room, just waiting for my approval to dispatch them to her!

I turn back to our discussions on how best to tackle the tunnel problems for safeguarding them from Murk and his followers, just in time to see Roo priming several sticks of dynamite.

I heave a sigh!

Just like Jenny Wren before her, she thinks the answer to everything is either to deck her clothing with baubles or to blow everything up!

AuntieRoo
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,166 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 5, 18 2:31 PM
Now that Randy has unwittingly tested my Rage Essence potion I think that perhaps I should dilute it a little next time.He really did have anger management issues .I must make a note that our dear esteemed leader is the perfect candidate for testing purposes .....as long as he isn't aware he is being used as a lab rat.

With PTG idly sipping his umpteenth cup of his strange brew that he insists is tea ,I continue with my preparations for our impending mission.My mind wanders back to our last escapade in the castle tunnels & a shiver runs down my back.I double check that I have every possible item that may be useful & repack my bag.It's going to such fun to watch my new weapons in action,although I think for the moment I will keep it hush hush.

As I inspect the dynamite I ponder as to its usefulness & stability in the damp tunnels ???..not to worry I guess we'll find out soon enough. As I hold up a stick in the corner of my eye I notice PTG is staring at me.I'm sure his tea is not totally teetotal

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Feb 6, 18 5:01 AM
I arrive at the Tea Room as requested only to find Mrs Fletcher injured with a cast on her ankle, Captain Randy appearing somewhat confused at a side table and PTG and a lady holding a stick of dynamite starting at each other.

I wonder why I have been called over. Do they need someone to help Mrs Fletcher? Or do they need my new weapons? Maybe they need Big Kitty?

They do not seem to notice me, so I go out to the kitchen and prepare some sandwiches and hot tea for me and Mrs. Fletcher. Big Kitty settles in at our feet as I await further instructions.

Edited on 02/06/2018 at 5:04:02 AM PST

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
768 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Feb 8, 18 4:59 AM
Ouch!..Ouch!..Ouch!.. Mrs Fletcher!... ...Get back in that bed this minute!!!.. ...But I'm needed in the Tea Room Doctor Poppet... ...Sigh!...Please lay back down Mrs Fletcher......."Nurse Crachet"..Bring me more of Roo's Special "Knock Out Potion" Please.... ...Good!...She's back asleep Bless Her dear Heart... .....Oh..Hi there Salty....No..I haven't had the heart to tell Her that the Tea Room has been once again Demolished....this time by the Castles "Newest Update" Development....It will be up to Captain Randy and Second in Demand PTG.... ....just how the Special Room and it's Slightly Insane Inmates proceed forward....Yes Indeedie..I have Full Faith in each and every one of our Special Room Gang to make everything righty dighty once more!... ....

Edited on 02/08/2018 at 5:03:35 AM PST

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,805 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Feb 8, 18 12:56 PM
**** BUMP TO PAGE ON******
ATTENTION WILL BE POSTING VERY SOON ,,,,
TO MANY DOC. APP. AND NOT ENOUGH TIME

Sharp_Eye574363
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Feb 8, 18 3:05 PM
All righty then......it looks like the tea is just what Cap. Randy needed as his color is returning to his face and his eyes seem to be showing signs of clarity.

One more cup of tea should do the trick so off I go to the coffee/tea bar to make him another cup.

As I head back to the table with his tea, I look around the room and see that all are gathered round and eagerly awaiting Cap's instructions on what he assigns each of us to do.

We are all really worried that something has happened to Grim so the sooner we can get this mission started the better!

Okay, Cap.......What's the plan and how can we all help.......?

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
4,455 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 9, 18 12:51 AM
At long last, I’ve got everyone together around the central table in the Tea Room to discuss our partner’s Grim apprehension by some mysterious force and her rescue.

Cap’n Bob is in the middle and about to give his usual rapid fire orders, which most of us ignore anyway.

But his face goes a peculiar shade of white and he becomes silent.

He is obviously listening to or for something which we have no knowledge of.

At the same time there is a cacophony of sound from all our pets scattered around the room.

My telepathic Crow partner shrieks “Danger” and whooshes out of the room.

Simultaneously Cap’n Bob shouts: “Incoming!” and dives under the table.

The rest of us need no further encouragement and follow suit.

Suddenly his pet dragon Frosty appears and covers our room with its icy breath, enfolds Cap’n Bob into its massive wings and disappears with him.

About ten microseconds later my magical broom, which obviously has no desire to be turned into a heap of cinders, turns itself into the charabanc, very considerately in my opinion.

We scramble on board and soar into the ash laden skies.

None too soon as large molten rocks descend from the heavens and at the same time the entire Castle begins to shake and shudder.

Where we had been sitting just seconds ago is now a smouldering heap of wood under the night sky.

My first thought is of our dear Mrs Fletcher.

Did Dandydog get her out in time?

My last sight is of Salty gazing in horror and disbelief at the destruction around him.

He then puts up a notice on what is left of his door: “Closed for refurbishment”!

AuntieRoo
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,166 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 9, 18 6:01 AM
Even though I protest at leaving Grim behind,I know we have no choice but to leave without her .We lift off & I close my eyes tightly unable to watch the Castle disintegrate below us

Who knows where we will go but I find that I really do not care.The flash of another explosion brings a terrible thought to mind..........What if I am responsible for this mayhem (Shock Horror)....I have scattered so much explosive material all over the Castle that even I cannot remember exactly where it all is!!
My face reddens & I pray no-one is looking in my direction.

I try to focus on other possibilities... What if this is a dastardly plot by the guards to finally dispose of us? Surely this is a far to extreme measure even for these monsters,but then again the Tea Room did take a direct hit.I wonder if PTG has considered this.

Thoughts of the Tea Room bring a little smile as I try to conjour up an image of dandydog attempting to get Mrs Fletcher on the back of the putt putt .I almost wish I was there to see it.

These thoughts remind me that I have a terrible thirst from all the smoke billowing through the Castle & even though I have absolutely no idea of our final destination I know where I can lay my hands on a Hut on Chicken Legs to rest our weary bones.Cups,kettle,coffee grinder & beans are also readily available plus my secret supply of tea.
PTG will just have to forego his strange tea during this dire emergency.

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Feb 9, 18 7:57 AM
A ferret is digging at my arm. I come fully awake with a start. It's dark, cold, and I can't move. The fur on my face feels exposed to the chilled air, but my body seems to be bound up.

Cash stops pawing at me and tells me to be still. Someone is here, he doesn't understand who, but they're coming to take me away (ha ha). He and the pigeon are safe and unknown for the moment. There have been explosions going on and who knows how long any of us will be okay. He's pretty sure the Chapel was hit already.

I close my eyes. I'm in the Antique Shop, still -- I can tell by the distinctive scent of the beeswax candles always lit. I hear someone moving around, but at a bit of a distance, perhaps in the back storeroom.

I give Cash instructions. Give the pigeon a note and send it out unnoticed. Then activate one of the tracers sewn into the hem of my doublet, and finally get my phone to Randy or PTG or anyone!

It tickles when Cash tunnels down inside my jacket. He wriggles this way across my ribs and that way across my belly, activating the tracer and then emerging with pen, paper and phone. He meticulously transcribes the message I've dictated. There is a crash in the back room and muttering. Nervous chuckling from the pigeon as Cash attaches my message. A soft, velvet explosion as the pigeon relocates to the dusty swags decorating the ceiling; a violin bow hidden there falls with a clatter. Decisive footsteps now approach the front room.

Hide! I tell Cash, and be safe!

The back of the shop has been behind me all this time, so I can't see who comes. I'm roughly hoisted up and carried away. Not out the front door, or to the back room, but down a trap door.

More tunnels?

Go to: