bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 10, 11 1:50 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 10, 11 6:41 AM
Am I the only one that has to manually change my screen resolution just to play the game? The only way I can get full screen is to change my resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels which is totally distorting when not playing the game. I am running Vista.

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Sanderella on Mar 10, 11 6:43 AM
I can't open the trial version of this game. The window opens, my screen goes black for a second, but then the game minimizes. Restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and fiddling with my resolution is not helping.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Mar 10, 11 7:06 AM
GrammaKj wrote:Am I the only one that has to manually change my screen resolution just to play the game? The only way I can get full screen is to change my resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels which is totally distorting when not playing the game. I am running Vista.

I have Win 7 and frequently need to change the screen resolution to 1024x768. I just change it back to the recommended resolution when I exit the particular game.

Sanderella
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Sanderella on Mar 10, 11 7:50 AM
Putting my resolution at 1280x720 isn't working for me. The game just instantly minimizes when I open it. Plus, since I have a widescreen monitor, I wouldn't want to play a game at that resolution anyway as it looks awful.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Mar 10, 11 8:20 AM
Sanderella wrote:Putting my resolution at 1280x720 isn't working for me. The game just instantly minimizes when I open it. Plus, since I have a widescreen monitor, I wouldn't want to play a game at that resolution anyway as it looks awful.

I don't know if this pertains to your problem but... If you are keeping your browser open, do NOT minimize it. Leave it full screen the maximize the game.

HTH

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Mar 10, 11 8:55 AM
Sanderella wrote:I can't open the trial version of this game. The window opens, my screen goes black for a second, but then the game minimizes. Restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and fiddling with my resolution is not helping.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.

Resolution 1600x1200 does the trick. (otherwise W7 comment that some issues will not be seen).

Kya27
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kya27 on Mar 10, 11 9:18 AM
I am having problems with the weight puzzle....sigh! I know how to solve it, that's not my problem. The problem is a glitch, the weights are stacking up on eachother and now they are totally stuck and can't move any of them. It just keeps saying I have to move them to the other chain! And the skip button won't work

Suggestions? I really don't want to have to start over!

[Post New]by zillah13 on Mar 10, 11 10:05 AM
I'm trying to play the trial version, but once the game itself actually starts (after the opening sequence), it's just black. I can see the menu button, the strategy guide button, the hint button, the list of objects to find, but the scene itself that I'm supposed to be looking at is black. What's the problem? I've reinstalled twice; no change.

JennEdge
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by JennEdge on Mar 10, 11 10:34 AM
I've had to skip out of two different puzzles now - the animals on in the cave and the gears on the table saw - the game will not let me put pieces in the right place. I tried everything to put that last gear where it belonged and the game kept throwing it down to the bottom again! Then when I hit skip - the puzzle finishes in the way that I tried to complete it!

[Post New]by amazoncowgirl on Mar 10, 11 11:03 AM
Doing the "move the weights to the right" puzzle (done to death, so should be easy as pie) but the smallest weight just completely disappeared from the screen and now I can't move forward. Surely this is a programming problem and not a problem with my computer?

[Post New]by bperlman on Mar 10, 11 2:40 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
Sanderella wrote:Putting my resolution at 1280x720 isn't working for me. The game just instantly minimizes when I open it. Plus, since I have a widescreen monitor, I wouldn't want to play a game at that resolution anyway as it looks awful.

I don't know if this pertains to your problem but... If you are keeping your browser open, do NOT minimize it. Leave it full screen the maximize the game.

HTH

This worked for me...thanks!!!!!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 10, 11 3:18 PM
zillah13 wrote:I'm trying to play the trial version, but once the game itself actually starts (after the opening sequence), it's just black. I can see the menu button, the strategy guide button, the hint button, the list of objects to find, but the scene itself that I'm supposed to be looking at is black. What's the problem? I've reinstalled twice; no change.

Hi zillah13 - welcome to the pond

This happened to me last week with another game on my XP pc. I think you may have to try and update your video driver/graphics card (whatever you have) and also check your DirectX is up to date. I know my card didn't have enough memory to play the game in question, so I had to download it to my newer laptop eventually, which had a better video card in it.

Kel

arose23
Clownfish
Clownfish
771 Posts

[Post New]by arose23 on Mar 10, 11 5:01 PM
I wanted to try this game but major tech issue...everytime there is scene change, and in my hidden object piles...I get a bunch of bars...like digitizing...very aggravating.

All other new games work just fine on my laptop, Shame.

[Post New]by KittyRose4 on Mar 10, 11 5:39 PM
I had problems with the weight problem (disappearing weights and then not being able to move anything) the peg solitare on the horses back also wouldn't work properly (the wrong marbles disappearing) and now the picture for the animal game in my strategy guide isn't actually showing the solution to the puzzle...

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on Mar 10, 11 5:51 PM
Love the game but in the cabin in the woods scene you have to use the scythe to cut the grass then the strategy guide says you need it to cut the bushes. Now it is gone. YOu lose it when you gain the saw handle

[Post New]by KittyRose4 on Mar 10, 11 6:09 PM
... when I finally got the animal puzzle set correctly the hawk piece moved 1 space and then disappeared for no apparent reason, and now I'm having major issues with the gear puzzle at the saw mill- gears would not stay where I placed them and/or disappeared under other gears...

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 10, 11 8:15 PM
Need tech help... my monitor is set to 1920 x 1200 resolution and this game will not play in full screen mode. It SAYS it's full screen but I have two inches of black on BOTH sides of the screen plus an inch of black top and bottom. I'm not understanding why a new game that is a CE even isn't automatically adjusting for various screens but if someone would share the hoops I need to jump thru to play I'll give it a shot. LOL. Thanks for any help.

ETA: Tried manually changing my screen res and other than making everything else look bad it didnt' have any effect on the game at all.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 8:21:12 PM PST

tyroesse
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by tyroesse on Mar 10, 11 11:32 PM
janiestep wrote:Love the game but in the cabin in the woods scene you have to use the scythe to cut the grass then the strategy guide says you need it to cut the bushes. Now it is gone.

To cut the bushes you need another object.

KittyRose4 wrote:I'm having major issues with the gear puzzle at the saw mill- gears would not stay where I placed them and/or disappeared under other gears...

Try to click exactly on the dowels when you set a gear. Besides there's an option for gears being one after another. There's nothing wrong with it.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Mar 11, 11 4:34 AM
(New Win7x64 / wide screen monitor / ATI Radeon HD 5900 graphics card)

Jumpy cursor - almost looks as if I had pointer trails enabled, which I don't. Tried both custom and system cursor. Sub-windows flicker as do the text labels. I tried changing resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x1200, no difference. Issues are tough on the eyes. Cannot play on this setup.

Tried the game on my old XPx86 machine (different monitor set to resolution 1680x1050) -- works great. Glad that machine is still running!

Some of the new games from BFG just do not run on my new Win7 machine. I just hope that my old XP machine doesn't conk out anytime soon!

Go to: