BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR FIX-IT-UP: WORLD TOUR - DD - MARCH 11/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Mar 11, 11 12:51 AM
Okay fellow fishies, what do you think of this game?

Please let us know!

Thanks.

Happy Gaming!!

BBB

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR FIX-IT-UP: WORLD TOUR - DD - MARCH 11/11

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 11, 11 2:39 AM
Played 30 minutes of the demo, looked at some of the reviews in the main part of the forum, and am buying it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 11, 11 2:43 AM
I have played the first part before a few months and also bought the third part. But I have never bought the second part, because I had technical problems with this game on my old (last) computer. I will buy it today for the Daily Deal price.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Mar 11, 11 6:03 AM
I've owned this game since it was released at BF and have played it several times. I really love the Fix-It-Up series. This is a great game for the DD today.

Happy gaming!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Mar 11, 11 7:50 AM
I had never heard of the Fix-it-Up series until the third one came out recently and I decided the first two might not be as good as the third(last) one so I decided to wait for DD($2.99) when and if offered. So I"ll buy! Hope others come too.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Mar 11, 11 8:14 AM
Bought the first game on a DD but never got around to playing it til the third one came out & remembered how much I enjoyed it. Not a lot of differences between the three, but certainly worth it as a DD. The games are long & there's a fair amount of replay trying to get gold level. Off to buy

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Mar 11, 11 3:13 PM

I bought this game, I think, shortly after it was released. Decent story to go along with rock solid and enjoyable gameplay. Graphics are colorful and detailed. The game includes upgrades to add a little strategy and incentive. I never once encountered a glitch and the game responded well to mouse input.

If I recall correctly, I don't think you can fail a level in this game, but I never came close to running out of time, so I'm not positive. I believe the time aspect is primarily associated with earning a gold or silver trophy, so I think you can still go on to finish a level even if time runs out for the trophies.

This is one of the better TM games I've played and a must buy at the Daily Deal price. Highly recommended for fans of TM games. Furthermore, if you like this one, the followup, Fix-It-Up Eighties: Meet Kate's Parents, was recently released. Have fun.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 11, 11 10:45 PM
I would classify this game as a twist on the "Build a Lot" style TM and Stratedgy (sp) games where you are upgrading cars instead of plots of land and houses.

I do like that you get to change locations every 3 levels and the level progression seems pretty good so that you are building up your painting or modding or refinery... the goals do change every level and some goals are added as you progress so you might not know EVERYthing you need to do to complete the level until later... it keeps things interesting. And there does seem to be a story going on that progresses through the levels. In addition, there are trophies to earn and coins that are used to upgrade your mansion that give the game a feeling of progression besides the filling out of the map and locations.

I like that the game indicates a good "deal" or not... you can choose to buy the car even if it is over priced if it is they type you need to advance, or you can wait for a better deal.. the same with selling cars too.

I do NOT like waiting for materials and waiting to hire workers. I realize this is a standard "feature" in "build a lot" type of games but I've never really liked those types of games.

But really, that isn't enough of a dislike to explain my "bleah" feelings about this game. It just seems too easy to me. I completed 4 zones (3 levels each) in 45 minutes with all gold. I do not have any of the other Fix-It-Ups but I did demo the new one last week...Other posters indicate that is does get harder but I have had MINUTES of time left over.

All in all, I have enough other games and enough other TM games that I haven't played yet that even at the DD price I think I'm going to pass on this one. If I didn't already have so many games, I'm sure I'd give this the benifit of the doubt and purchase... maybe next time...

Go to: