emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Is this how it ends? (Potential Spoiler)

[Post New]by emi1y on Mar 11, 11 4:33 PM
I finished level 50 and saw the ending cut scene ... Is this how it ends ?? It seems like there is a final piece of the story missing here. This is disappointing. I need closure.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Is this how it ends? (Potential Spoiler)

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 11, 11 6:21 PM
We'd need to know more about what you saw to know if you saw it all. Major spoilers below. Mouse over to reveal the ending.

Abigail is the daughter of the King and Queen.
Ben isn't a bat--he just took that form so as not to frighten Abigail. He's a prince from another kingdom. He's also the coffee shop guy.
When Ben and Abigail were chlidren, they were playing in the royal treasury, and Abigail accidentally triggered the magical amulet which took her to our world.
That also used up most of the kingdom's magic, which has now been restored.
When Ben and Abigail were children, they were supposed to marry each other when they grew up.
Ben still wants to marry Abigail. Her father said OK.
Abigail is not so sure, but Ben tells her that as she regains her childhood memories, she'll remember him.
That's pretty much where it ends, but since she really is a princess, she may not have too many other choices about who to marry.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

Re:Is this how it ends? (Potential Spoiler)

[Post New]by emi1y on Mar 12, 11 10:25 AM
Ahh, okay. Well I wasn't sure if that was the ending because he asked her to coffee and said he had a "magic recipe". She didn't really reply though, did she? Anyway the magic coffee comment, and the fact that we're left not knowing what happens between them made me wonder if there was more levels or more of the cut scene that I was unable to see. Also disappointed that there's no "sandbox mode" or some way to use all of the newest buildings. Oh well. I feel a little disappointed.

The Ending Sucks

[Post New]by southernroots82 on Oct 8, 11 8:18 AM
This is how the game ended for me as well. I think the ending is not well thought out, and there IS a piece missing. I suppose this game was put out in a hurry, and even though the uncredited writers were pretty crafty, either their ending got edited out or something happened with the project and it was never written. What gives though? When you finish a game, you expect some closure. This would have been a really good game if there would have been an ending such as "Let's just be friends," or "I love you." But this ambiguous hipster ending blows.

Go to: