bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 12, 11 12:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 12, 11 1:13 AM
Hi CasualGran ( and all)

I have just been reading the C & R thread on the CE & I am very excited about it. (Excellent reviews on there btw).

Talk out on busses for hours then 3 turn up, it is the same on here with good games LOL.

Having just finished Hallowed Legends I still have Yesterdays game to finish but as I only got through 1/2 hour, I think I'll do this one first.

I will be interested if those of us who bought the SE wish we had bought the CE.

Chat later fishes,
Jojo

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Mar 12, 11 2:20 AM
I've bought the CE version of this game a month ago, really enjoyed it

Great graphics, the HOG scenes are not too difficult, love the puzzles and the storyline is very exciting...

Not the best HOG of this year so far but the second best

4/5 Stars from me

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 12, 11 2:53 AM
Thanks for all the reviews - constructive reviews!

I waited for SE & just downloaded, provided it plays with no problems (CE demo was ok so should do) then it is a MUST to buy

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 12, 11 3:18 AM
Hesitated to buy the CE, did, and no regrets. Great game and I simply fell in love with the hint, that's why I was so sad when.............
5 out of 5.
Happy gaming fishies !

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 12, 11 3:56 AM
I also bought the CE at the developer's site because I couldn't wait to play this game. Have replayed it several times, still trying to find all 36 of the morphing objects! Great graphics and great storyline (the storyline and characters were different from any of the other games I have played). Hope all the fishies who like IHOGs have fun playing today!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 12, 11 4:13 AM
I'm playing the SE now, and have found 2 "Beyond" objects, which I assume is the same as Morphing. Not sure what happens when you find them all - do you unlock extra play?

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Mar 12, 11 4:18 AM
If you mean the 'beyond objects' then YES they're there, excellent addition and I've collected a few already.

This is my first experience of the game and I certainly sat up on the edge of my seat when it started! Riveting stuff, great atmosphere and appropriate music.

I could find everything in the HOG scenes and there isn't one looming around every corner. Puzzles look good and I like the dollhouse idea (I think ). Instant buy for me and I haven't finished the demo.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:20:14 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 12, 11 4:56 AM
Wow! This game is spooky! I've waited for the SE, as I do all games. I'm glad it's here,but I'm scared. lol I find this game to be one of the scariest I've played. There are alot of surprises. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game. It is great! Very spooky. I'm not one who loves the scary games the most, but they seem to be the best graphics and puzzles. I'm sure most people have already gotten the CE of this game. But I think the SE is great.

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:56:47 AM PST

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Mar 12, 11 4:57 AM
Thank you for the reviews! I don't look at CE's at all or even note their names so I was wondering why there was so little activity here for this game. My first thought was that it must be so bad that people didn't even try it out. So thank you for stopping by to say that it's definitely worth a look. I'll certainly download the trial.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 12, 11 4:58 AM
glad to see the SE still has the "beyond objects" i think it really adds to the experience and gameplay

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Mar 12, 11 5:18 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I tend to forget which games I tried or bought. Must be old age creeping in LOL.............I did buy this as a CE and loved it

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 12, 11 5:52 AM
I bought this game as a CE and to those who waited for this SE: Enjoy!!! Great game!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 12, 11 5:53 AM
littlecaplin wrote:I don't know about anyone else but I tend to forget which games I tried or bought. Must be old age creeping in LOL.............I did buy this as a CE and loved it

Ditto!

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Mar 12, 11 5:56 AM
Wow! Glad I did'nt purchase the CE. Just finished the game, and I finished in two hours. No skipped puzzles. Great game, but short.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 12, 11 6:43 AM
So we finally get a decent game and I've already bought the collector's edition. Now I have to wait still another day to hopefully use my credit.

For anybody who's been waiting for a really good game, this is it.

Actually, now that I check my purchase history I didn't buy the CE because I was waiting for this. So -- YAY!! I can use my credit today.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 6:48:13 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 12, 11 6:56 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:So we finally get a decent game and I've already bought the collector's edition. Now I have to wait still another day to hopefully use my credit.

For anybody who's been waiting for a really good game, this is it.

Actually, now that I check my purchase history I didn't buy the CE because I was waiting for this. So -- YAY!! I can use my credit today.

lol....glad you surprised yourself...enjoy

[Post New]by bonnelda2002 on Mar 12, 11 7:00 AM
I have one question.....how do you save the game??? Every time I quit, it starts me over....help....

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Mar 12, 11 7:03 AM
hey there fish friends, just wanted to say that i actually bought the CE and while it was a TINCH on the shorter side IT IS A MUST HAVE!!! FANTASTIC GAME!!!! I dont regret buying it AT ALL!!!! happy gaming all!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 12, 11 7:08 AM
bonnelda2002 wrote:I have one question.....how do you save the game??? Every time I quit, it starts me over....help....

that shouldnt happen,,, sounds like a glitch to me....you could check the ce thread for this game and see if others reported the same problem and how they fixed it, or contact customer service,,,

Go to: