bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 12, 11 12:13 AM

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Mar 12, 11 1:27 AM
Okay so downloaded this game and thought it might play instead of collector's version.....and NO, STILL GOT "ACCESS VIOLATION" why, why, why????? Please
sort this out.....plllllleeeeeaasse

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 12, 11 2:59 AM
kneehigh56 wrote:Okay so downloaded this game and thought it might play instead of collector's version.....and NO, STILL GOT "ACCESS VIOLATION" why, why, why????? Please

Have you contacted customer service about all your problems since you've had your new computer? There may be settings in your laptop or windows 7 that need to be tweaked. They won't contact you if you just post in the tech problem thread.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 12, 11 3:02 AM
I'd love to play but it won't d/l even though I've purchased - getting a 'server' error - even for games I bought months ago. Guess I'll have to wait..........hoe hum *drums fingers*
EDIT- Okay, now explain this to me - I've bought the game and it won't d/l - BUT, I thought 'I wonder if it'll let me d/l the trial' - and guess what? It's d/ling as I speak!!! What's that all about then, eh?
Answers on a postcard please......................

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 3:06:27 AM PST

[Post New]by roodysrealgram on Mar 12, 11 4:50 AM
I downloaded the game and everything was fine until I tried to move from the scene where the two dolls are trying to saw the lock off. When I try to move to the next scene everything goes white. I can stil click on the the yellow sparkles but can't see what to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? All help will be appreciated.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 12, 11 5:23 AM
My game froze, so I'm uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that helps. When it froze, I was in the hidden object scene in the second floor of the house just after sawing the lock off. The room had blue drama mask designs on the wall.

Janferie
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by Janferie on Mar 12, 11 5:28 AM
I get as far as putting the steel fangs in the gate but it won't let me do the puzzle there. In fact, once I've done that, I'm stuck and can't do another thing! Help!

coffelady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by coffelady on Mar 12, 11 6:44 AM
i am also having trouble with the screen going white on me, i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, what else can i do?

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Mar 12, 11 7:49 AM
I so wanted to play this game. But it is still slow and white out!!!! I guess I'm going to have to close my membership, because lately the games either won't play, go slow----------------. This really bites!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb down:

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Mar 12, 11 7:53 AM
Strange game. Unable to read Journal and play puzzles. I can play most of the game and all of the hidden object scenes which i love.
Great game for those who can play it. I have sent a Dr Felix report to CS to see why I am having so many problems with so many games.
Will buy if i can play. LOL
Hazel

[Post New]by angiinjax on Mar 12, 11 7:58 AM
I am having the same trouble Hazel53Xby is having. I cannot read the journal or play the mini games.... everything else is fine.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 12, 11 9:42 AM
coffelady wrote:i am also having trouble with the screen going white on me, i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, what else can i do?

Same problem here; I recall having the same problem with the CE version of this game. It's really disappointing because it looks like a game that's right up my alley.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Mar 12, 11 1:32 PM
kneehigh56 wrote:Okay so downloaded this game and thought it might play instead of collector's version.....and NO, STILL GOT "ACCESS VIOLATION" why, why, why????? Please

I have approximately 200 games and out of those, eight have that same error message of "access violation." I've downloaded this game, but it won't let me play. How frustrating! Unfortunately, I don't know if a game is going to give me that error message until I've downloaded it and by then it's too late! I have the latest Internet Explorer 9, the latest DirectX, and a new updated video card. I've contacted CS and am waiting on a final verdict on how I can handle this without disabling my protective software. I'm not that computer savvy, so I wouldn't trust myself to do that anyway. Wish there was an answer because like so many others, I've waited for this game to come out in a SE.
Just to add to the above: I've trashed and downloaded this game 3X already, twice on Internet Explorer 9 and once on Firefox. No luck-no how. I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall Adobe's Flash and Shockwave players since I don't really know how, but I guess that's an option if you know a lot of computer stuff. We'll see what BF has to say.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 9:14:39 AM PST

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Mar 12, 11 2:41 PM
I'm getting the White out screen by the building with the people sawing also, I thought this was going to be a really good game and started to buy it, but not if that glitch isn't fixed.

Olive604
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Olive604 on Mar 12, 11 2:45 PM
Having same problems as some of the other people. White squares, etc. Since the beginning of the year, I have had no significant problems (except not being able to get rid of custom cursor), but have been pretty happy. Now this. It appears to be a great game so I am very disappointed. I have a very old computer XP, but refuse to buy another just to play BF games. Too bad, so sad.

infinity
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by infinity on Mar 12, 11 2:46 PM
I downloaded this game with no problems, but when I got to the scenes where the boy and the doll house was, the screen seemed to split, top half of screen was fuzzy with four panels showing and the bottom of the screen was where the doll house and boy was. Once I repaired the dollhouse and found the fangs for the gate, screen split again with part of the gate and scene where I found all the items. I cannot get one screen showing the gate to rotate the rings to move on. I would buy this game if it only would work for me.
I have deleted and redownloaded this game, with same problems.

[Post New]by pikespeak62 on Mar 12, 11 4:15 PM
Same here!

[Post New]by Carolyn17 on Mar 12, 11 7:26 PM
I am having the same problem with the screen splitting so that you can only properly see parts of it.Cannot play the game thru like this very disapointed.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Mar 12, 11 7:33 PM
Access error violation. Same as it has been for most games lately.

[Post New]by lddenman on Mar 12, 11 10:02 PM
same as cofelady and roody , screen goes white first started as half white then went almost total can still see the chains on the lock puzzle but thats it. had total stall out probs with shadow wolf and green hills too . to bad really wanted to play them. linda

Go to: