Nightowl52
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Suggestions for Farm Craft 2

[Post New]by Nightowl52 on Dec 12, 08 5:20 PM
It would be nice in the next version , (besides fixing the crashing problem) if there was a way to "assign" work for the worker, or at least not have him pick the square that you have selected for Ginger to pick. Also would be nice to be able to have help with the stock.

Re:Suggestions for Farm Craft 2

[Post New]by aaashton on Dec 12, 08 11:45 PM
Ditto ... good suggestions.

akrosie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by akrosie on Dec 16, 08 5:08 PM
AGREE 150%~~~~~ Yes - in the later levels when you're making money hand over fist - it would be VERY nice to be able to buy 'training' for the workers too - so they're smarter! Smarter how? Well - either they know NOT to pick produce you've already clicked on for Ginger, and/or they're faster and collect more, and/or they only collect what's on the required list, or they stick to the most valuable 'cash crops' (of course being able to assign them to certain produce would solve this) and/or they can be fired!!!

It would also be kool to be able to buy troughs for the animals - so you can load 3-4 items in there and they won't need to be fed as often!

It would also be nice to be able to buy an energy drink for Ginger (or better shoes) so she moves faster!!!

If you can obtain 23G in a level, it would be nice to have stuff to spend it on!!!

Now - I play the casual mode vs. the timed mode - so maybe that makes my desires different. I'll post again when I have more ideas.

Ebbymay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ebbymay on Dec 17, 08 5:02 AM
It would be nice if the workers all went to the same spot for payment instead of having to run all over the whole field to pay them.

[Post New]by nanny58 on Dec 17, 08 7:23 PM
How do you play the casual mode?

PhyllisElaine
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisElaine on Dec 19, 08 7:57 AM
A key to knowing where a worker is standing, waiting for payment, is that whereever Ginger is on the screen, they usually go to that area of the screen to await payment. So if Ginger is toward the bottom of your screen doing something, look for the workers to be around that area.

Also, my suggestion...

It would be nice if we could assign the workers to also pick up from the livestock. In my game Ginger is the only one who can pick up milk, eggs, honey, etc.

Ebbymay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ebbymay on Dec 29, 08 5:59 AM
Yes I did notice that the workers will come and stand by ginger but since ginger is always moving they end up all over the screen :-(

[Post New]by joeygbh on Dec 31, 08 7:35 PM
akrosie wrote:AGREE 150%~~~~~ Yes - in the later levels when you're making money hand over fist - it would be VERY nice to be able to buy 'training' for the workers too - so they're smarter! Smarter how? Well - either they know NOT to pick produce you've already clicked on for Ginger, and/or they're faster and collect more, and/or they only collect what's on the required list, or they stick to the most valuable 'cash crops' (of course being able to assign them to certain produce would solve this) and/or they can be fired!!!

It would also be kool to be able to buy troughs for the animals - so you can load 3-4 items in there and they won't need to be fed as often!

It would also be nice to be able to buy an energy drink for Ginger (or better shoes) so she moves faster!!!

If you can obtain 23G in a level, it would be nice to have stuff to spend it on!!!

Now - I play the casual mode vs. the timed mode - so maybe that makes my desires different. I'll post again when I have more ideas.

Yes! We need Helpers 101 class...

I want another type of helper that takes care of the animals for me, feeding them or collecting from them - my cash cow system is the bees, no feeding needed and they mature very quickly. Have 7+ hives and you spend all your time collecting money! Either that or some sort of trough system would be good too.

I just tend to bulldoze unwanted cheap crops (radishes, cucumbers etc) if I know they won't be a part of the next goals to focus my pickers on the cash crops.

An autopay pickers system would be pretty good too, cause if you are making money hand over fist... who cares about $100 every now and then?

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Jan 1, 09 9:20 PM
My problem is not only do the workers work where you are, they work on top of each other so one is just stringing himself along with the others with an empty basket!

Also, I wish they could pick up the produce from the animals (the milk, wool, honey, ect) as that would make it a bit easier ...

And def fix the crashing problem, I just came here b/c of it, 3 times in a 2 hour period ... ugh!

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Jan 26, 09 4:31 PM
PAY STATION!!!! I find it very annoying having to run all over the place to pay the workers. It would be nice to have a pay booth where they will wait for their money. It already costs $400 per worker and I've had levels where I can't find them so they've stood around the entire game waiting for me to get to them;

[Post New]by marjan54 on Jan 29, 09 8:56 AM
The pickers indeed are a pain in the neck.....Not only do I agree totally with the above, but they also harvest crops meant for feeding my animals so they get hungry! I usually do without them if I can and hire only one or two gardeners for fertilizing.
Being able to assign them to a certain area might solve this.

Marjan

[Post New]by LisaGay67 on Feb 3, 09 11:33 PM
Sandbox Mode would be nice -- no goals, just farming. Someone mentioned being in the "casual" mode vs. the "timed" mode -- what are you talking about?

[Post New]by gaiserlisa on Apr 23, 09 6:33 PM
I would like everything above including being able to sell back any unnecessary items from one goal to another like seeds or buildings!

PKmg
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by PKmg on May 21, 09 11:58 AM
One of the biggest frustrations is indeed having to search for pickers or fertilizers who demand payment. If that is solved, then Farm Craft will be a much better, much smoother game. Even if the solution involves the purchase of some kind of additional cash sink, like a paymaster's station.

Another thing that would be good is if pickers don't pick whatever they feel like. Currently it seems to me as if they have a tendency to go after the most expensive crops primarily, which means they tend to leave animal feed crops alone, since those are lower value, but much more player control would be great, and I have a suggestion:

Pickers don't pick anything on their own. Rather, the player designates baskets or stacks of baskets that he wants filled with specific items, for instance I might designate a stack of 5 baskets as "strawberry baskets". Any free pickers, up to 5, then goes to pick up those baskets, and once each basket is full, it is placed in a Deposit Area. When pickers have no orders, they do nothing. In this way, pickers can also be told to gather honey or wool, and so forth, but always in specific amounts (never "infinite milk").

There are a couple of ways to handle the Deposit Area. One is if filled baskets can now stack with baskets that have the same contents, meaning 3 or 4 or even up to 10 baskets of Watermelons all on one square. Half-filled baskets should not be able to stack, nor baskets with different content items stacking with each other.

Either there should be one or two deposit areas as a fixed element in the level map, or else the player should be able to purchase deposit areas and place them as desired, such as in 2x5 square units (preferably 2x5 AND 5x2 square units, depending on what orientation the player prefers). The size and cost of deposit areas depends a lot on whether filled baskets can stack or not (if they can't, deposit areas much be larger and cheaper, and almost every level should probably start with such an area).

If there is no deposit area, then gathered items are sold by the pickers as now.

The player's character can pick up baskets from the deposit area manually and then sell them, but it would be neat if there was a new assistant type, the Hauler, who will take baskets from the deposit area and carry them to the sales outlet, but only those baskets that the player's character designates with a specific "Sell This" button.

PKmg
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by PKmg on May 21, 09 12:00 PM
Another assistant type could be the Animal Caretaker, who automatically takes baskets from the deposit area and carries them to animals, on an as-needed basis. Some kind of Feed Through, acting as a buffer, should be a buyable enhancement to each animal building, and Animal Caretakers should primarily carry feed to those animal buildings where the through is least full.

Automated payment of hirelings could be handled by a PayMaster, yet another hireling who simply walks around paying hirelings in need of paying. The player's character can periodically "top up" the PayMaster with extra cash, and once he runs out of cash, he'll call attention to himself and wait to be "topped up" so that he can resume carrying out his function.

As one more money sink, sprinklers should require periodic payments, just like hirelings. As it is now, they're a one-time purchase and then they just work and work and work. Requiring a payment of 100 coins, every now and then, just like human hirelings, would balance the game better. The PayMaster hireling could take care of that too.

[Post New]by LittleTexas on Sep 21, 09 2:17 PM
How do I find relax mode? Also, is there a way to fill in predug spaces so that you can move your garden plots where you want them? Like growing the grass back or something? I would like to have more control over the layout. Also need to know if there is a way to control the workers. The way things stand right now they are pretty useless to me.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Oct 11, 09 6:29 PM
Here's what I'd like, (which is basically what everyone else has said):

1) Assign tasks to Harvesters (eg: tell them to pick only flowers, or to stay away from animal fodder).

2) Make Gardeners more efficient (ie: when they fertilize, the crop goes up to a full 5 hearts instead of just 3 hearts).

3) Give us the ability to sell unwanted crops/buildings/trees back for half price.

It would reduce the clutter and make it easier to get around, especially when we don't need them anymore (like the well and watering can).

4) Give us the ability to move crops around, not just the buildings.

5) Make the workers' fee a set amount for the whole level. It's VERY annoying to have to keep finding AND paying the workers over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

6) Remove the double charge - once for ordering something, then for buying them from the store. I don't like being forced to pay twice for everything in every level.

7) Remove the crashing bug; that's why I came here in the first place.

8) Give more tips and hints. I stumbled onto the fact that clicking on an empty plowed area with the bulldozer turns that square back into plain grass.

9) Better voice acting! It sounds like one person (a man) did ALL the voices in the game, including the women.

Overall it's a cute game, but there's lots of room for improvement. I hope that Farm Craft 2 is much better.

[Post New]by HuShunRen on Nov 9, 09 11:14 PM
I strongly suggest add cheat codes to this game.

[Post New]by dawnskids06 on Nov 22, 09 4:11 AM
the screen shots are out for Farm craft 2 and it looks like they now have helpers for the animals as well as someone to water the plants it says coming soon but it has been saying it for a month AHHHHHH when is it coming out

[Post New]by arknsawer on Jan 22, 10 11:30 AM
Suggestions for Farm Craft 2??

I would like to suggest you get the game out in english already!!!

Go to: