Treasure Hunters

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 13, 11 12:05 AM
Find an enormous treasure and go on the journey of your life with the legendary Treasure Hunters! Help Jack find riches in a mysterious cave. After crash landing, it’s up to you and Jack to make it back to safety and survive the dangerous mountains in this exciting Hidden Object game! Figure out tricky puzzles and use your brain to find the treasure!

sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by sct1968 on Mar 13, 11 12:10 AM
hey is it just me or does the guy in the pic for this game,look like charlie sheen.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 12:11:29 AM PST

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Mar 13, 11 12:14 AM
Don't know if anyone else had problems with cursor being very hard to control, but played for only 4 minutes and deleted.

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Mar 13, 11 12:18 AM
LOL! At first I thought he looked like the guy in The Mummy. But now that you mention it, he DOES look like Charlie Sheen.

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Mar 13, 11 12:18 AM
LOL he does kinda look like charlie

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Mar 13, 11 12:21 AM
Oh, I turned into a Jellyfish. Last time I looked I was a Sea Anemone. I'm having an identity crisis. I'm downloading the game now.

[Post New]by skydiverswife on Mar 13, 11 12:28 AM
Not only cursor issues, but the descriptions on some tings are way off! I was looking for a screw and it turned out to be a nut, and I am actually finding missspelled words too.....played 10 min and had to delete besides it was BORING ...

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 13, 11 12:33 AM
I lasted 10 minutes too. I had a double image of the game - one scene was behind the other - I could still play, but wasn't impressed. Lots of spelling errors too.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Mar 13, 11 12:35 AM
skydiverswife wrote:Not only cursor issues, but the descriptions on some tings are way off! I was looking for a screw and it turned out to be a nut, and I am actually finding missspelled words too.....played 10 min and had to delete besides it was BORING ...

You lasted longer than I did. Less than five minutes into it proved to be a putz of a game. Uninstalled and anxious for something a few notches better tomorrow.
For those fishies that like the game.....ENJOY!!

Boring and cheezy.

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Mar 13, 11 12:52 AM
Lots of spelling errors drive me crazy with games. I'm a tech writer and just cannot enjoy games with spelling and misnaming errors. I'm so busy obsessing over the errors that I can't enjoy the game.

Don't think I'll even download it.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 13, 11 1:10 AM
I think a pattern is forming here,the CE's are the goodies,and the SE'S aren't.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Mar 13, 11 1:19 AM
Never have I heard of a hammer being refered to as a------ HUMMER ????? Had no problems with cursor. Did find scenes very crisp and hint reload very fast. Think it might be a good game for the really young ones in the family..... if you don`t mind them being introduced to a lot of misspelling.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 1:19:40 AM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Mar 13, 11 1:21 AM
Well where to start....the good i suppose
Nice clear background. Very fast hint refill.

Found it annoying to keep swapping between the "power glove" and the cursor
to pick up items. Then I spent ages trying to find a " hummer" looked everywhere
turns out it was a...... hammer.
So between constantly changing what is used to pick up items and the misspelling I am giving it a wide berth.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 13, 11 3:06 AM
sct1968 wrote:hey is it just me or does the guy in the pic for this game,look like charlie sheen.

LOL. I hadn't noticed until you said something. Yes, he does a little!

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 13, 11 3:28 AM
Looks like this guy is a compilation of Charlie Sheen and the guy from The Mummy

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Mar 13, 11 3:29 AM
A "no go" for me. Like others, Power Glove was too annoying and spelling a riot. Spent several minutes looking for a Humvee, or Humming Bird but, come on, folks. A Hammer? Had to cont/alt/delete to get out of the game as same froze after the first scene .....couldn't get off the mountain. I am a selective game player and buyer, and boy am I in trouble lately. Going over a 6 purchases/month is fast becoming a thing of the past. Still, I will wait ........and wait.......and wait. Enjoy all who like this game.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 13, 11 3:33 AM
AeronAoife wrote:Lots of spelling errors drive me crazy with games. I'm a tech writer and just cannot enjoy games with spelling and misnaming errors. I'm so busy obsessing over the errors that I can't enjoy the game.

Don't think I'll even download it.

I'm with you there. I worked for quite some time as a Lead Copy Writer/Editor and I couldn't agree more. If there are blatant spelling errors and extremely poor grammar I get so annoyed I can't enjoy the game! And this one has its share. Forget looking for hidden objects. I spent more time 'finding' spelling mistakes!

And I know there has been talk in past forums about language barriers etc., so I should not get my knickers in a bunch ( ) but I look at it this way. If I go to the store to buy a book, even if it is a translated one, I do expect that it will not contain oodles of spelling errors, grammar mistakes and outright incorrect words. (Hummer? Really? ) You just don't see books published with an abundance of linguistic and grammatical errors-they wouldn't sell! I expect the same level of quality from a game, especially if I am deciding whether or not to purchase the product with my sparse funding.

Which in this case, no way.

Someone mentioned that this is a new developer? I didn't look to verify that but if it is true, I hope that their future games improve.

As to other aspects of the game, same gripes others already mentioned. I will say this though: there are some aspects of the game that are creative and they have taken a bit of an innovative approach with their game-play. With some fine-tuning I think future games from this developer could be quite good. So let's hope they read the reviews!

Hopefully tomorrow's release is a bit more exciting.

BTW: Has anyone heard about Tiger Eye Curse of the Riddle Box Part 2 being developed? I loved the first one and they had a cliff-hanger ending, but so far, no sequel. Anyone know? I looked online and couldn't find anything...

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 5:24:37 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 13, 11 5:43 AM
sct1968 wrote:hey is it just me or does the guy in the pic for this game,look like charlie sheen.

i kinda think he looks loke brenden fraiser from "the "mummy movies

emmydbd
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by emmydbd on Mar 13, 11 12:21 PM
Certainly a no buy for me.
Levels were created for people with short attention spans, spelling atrocious, you needn't bother looking at the items list, just click on the prominent items.
Perhaps good for a child or a HOG beginner.

Does BF read these forums? Do they understand what we HOG devotees are looking for in a game?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Mar 13, 11 8:37 PM
I laughed so loud I scared the cat when I read the first post about the character looking like Charlie Sheen. I immediately thought that too when I first looked at the game. I think he looks like Brendan Frasier too.
Anyway, about this game. I really wanted to like it. It looked promising and like it had potential. HOWEVER, I'm sad to say....all bets are off on this one.
First, I had control problems with the cursor during games and some "put together" tasks. Second, I was disappointed at the spelling and mislabeling errors. That's a real BUG for me. Third, my screen froze going into the second scene, as did many of the other fishies here. I ctrl/alt/del the game and came back to it and, as one person experienced, the game started me over, deleting my profile. Good thing I hadn't gone very far. Fourth and final straw breaking the camel's back, was I lasted for 28 minutes and when each level finished, the screen would shrink to a quarter of the size before it went to load the next screen at full size.

Sorry Big Fish. No buy for me. Like I said, it had potential, but I think even HOG beginners and kiddies will give up in frustration with this one.

Happy swimming fishies. Enjoy other games out there. It may not seem like it, but there really are quite a few.

Linda.

P.S. Congratulations Catnipper and Welcome to the pond.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 8:44:20 PM PST

Go to: