jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Comment & Review.

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 13, 11 12:31 AM
Hi all.

I see no one else has started this thread & I know it is early, but I feel duty bound to warn you all & I HATE giving bad reviews.

The screen is small, even on full screen. I am used to having black down the side of my screen & it does not bother me, however, with this game I have extra wide sides & black top & bottom.

The graphics are rather hand drawn & unimaginative.

The tutorial is annoying. You can see loads of objects but the tutorial will only let you collect the ones it wants you to.

Then there is this glove of power, that you have to keep taking on & off depending on if the object is heavy, very annoying & interfering with the game play. There are also Exray goggles to do the same with. (Why oh why?)

I had to get 3 coins & 5 coins in 1 scene, instead of 8 coins.

A hammer is called a hummer and a shoe is called a boot.

The hint system is an annoying dragonfly who noisily flies a low speed to the object.

And this far into the game I am stuck. I need to get a UVG or something & I know where it is, the hint tells me. where the object is It tells me I have to clear the way (there are rocks in front) & the glove doesnot help.

The only good thing about this game is if you fast click, the darned dragonfly goes into a tail spin.

Sorry but is is a no buy.

worthy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Comment & Review.

[Post New]by worthy on Mar 13, 11 12:48 AM
I don't often comment on the games as I leave it to the experts amongst you, but this is so bad I couldn't help myself.

Try and work out what a hummer might be until you see a hammer in the front of the screen and try.

The glove of power drove me crazy. A really easy mini-puzzle. a look at the next screen and I had enough. 10 mins in.

BF please get your act together. This is an insult.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 13, 11 1:01 AM
Well, I played for 40 minutes and than I quit. Found it a little boring. Sorry, no buy for me.

And a hummer is a hammer.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 13, 11 1:23 AM
I played a few minutes and got the sled put together and clicked to start the "sled journey" or whatever she said and the cursor froze, the screen went black and I had to ctrl/alt/dele to get out of the game . Didn't really like anything about the game but was going to give it a good try . But, black screens make me nervous and I was not enjoying it anywhere near enough to uninstall and reinstall and take the chance it will freeze up again. Sorry, this is a no buy or further try for me . Off to uninstall! Happy Gaming Fishies

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 13, 11 1:46 AM
*looks around for self appointed moderators

None in here yet. Good!

The game isn't really that bad, it just needs a lot of work on it
The graphics are basic and the gameplay seems like it could have a few different twists if it wasn't so annoying to execute them.

The glove of power, a nice idea, but it is too annoying to change over from pointer to that when you need it.

If this is a first effort from a developer, I enourage them to keep at it. I am sure there will be a lot of folks that do like it and you have the basics. Just some more tweaks and thought into future games and I think you will do really well.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 13, 11 1:56 AM
This game was way to easy to me. If your new to HOG or IHOG then this might be for you.
I had no problem playing in full screen and no lag.
Having to change to the glove or whatever can get alittle annoying.
Objects are easy to find. I lasted 30 mins before stopping.
No buy for me. It's just too easy.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 13, 11 3:01 AM
The graphics aren't bad for cartoon like scenes. But the "GLOVE OF POWER", is way to annoying. Every time you go to pick up an item, they deem to be to heavy, you have to switch to the "GLOVE OF POWER". LOL I would like this game much better without the "GLOVE OF POWER". I don't mind simpler games or cartoon like scenes. But this game is not for me. But like I always say, give it a try for yourself.

I'd rate this: TROTTER (only because of the "GLOVE OF POWER"). LOL

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

‘ ‘
(o)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 13, 11 3:17 AM
govegril wrote:*looks around for self appointed moderators

None in here yet. Good!

The game isn't really that bad, it just needs a lot of work on it
The graphics are basic and the gameplay seems like it could have a few different twists if it wasn't so annoying to execute them.

The glove of power, a nice idea, but it is too annoying to change over from pointer to that when you need it.

If this is a first effort from a developer, I enourage them to keep at it. I am sure there will be a lot of folks that do like it and you have the basics. Just some more tweaks and thought into future games and I think you will do really well

I meant to mention that. When I saw the short name of the game, I wondered if they were waiting to bring out sequels! Like Treasure Hunter Returns etc. LOL!

ETA Spelling. Ooops it must be catching.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 3:29:42 AM PST

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lilcaz on Mar 13, 11 3:58 AM
Worthy - I'm glad I wasn't the only one wasting 5 minutes of my life looking for a hummer!

fudge25
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by fudge25 on Mar 13, 11 5:47 AM
5 minutes and the HUMMER did it for me. Trying not to be a snob but...........

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Mar 13, 11 7:19 AM
I called and asked my grandkids if they've been developing computer games. LOL

[Post New]by dochran on Mar 13, 11 11:00 AM
Only one word is really needed to describe this one: Pathetic.

I'm sorry BFG, but really?? I can get past the graphics, even though I didn't even need the list of items to select the ones that were "hidden", because they were so obviously not an integral part of the scene. (Actually, considering the name that the developers called some of these items, it was probably easier that way.)

I get that not all game developers have English as a first language, but if a game is to be released in an English-speaking country, at least take the time to have someone make sure that the game text translates somewhat. When the list asks for a "T-Connection" and I am expected to select a power strip, it certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of game play.

My real problem with this fiasco of a "game" is that it wasn't a game at all, because all the user needs to do is click where they are told (not given any chance to do otherwise, anyway). I don't consider exercising my mouse a game, frankly.

I would really like to know more about the BFG marketing strategy that pushes $6.99 games to customers, but then makes most of the games worth playing "Collectors Editions". The other thing I've seen in the last few months is that SE games are shorter and shorter. This all reminds me of the half-gallon of ice cream, which is suddenly 1.5 liters. It feels like one more company that thinks the public is too stupid to recognize that they are getting less value for their money.

No buy and a thumbs down to both the game and BFG.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 13, 11 3:27 PM
Hey there jojo_the_joyful!

Thanks for starting this thread. The other Comments and Review thread had 3 pages of reviews, so I had gone ahead and stickied that one.

Please feel free to re-post your comments and reviews in the stickied thread:

Your Comments and Review for Treasure Hunters

To direct all further comments and reviews to the stickied thread, I'm going to lock this one up.

-bfgOkeechobee

Go to: