shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 13, 11 12:52 AM
Okay you early bird reviewers - and you know who you are... take it away!!!

U.S. Fishies: Don't forget to "Spring Ahead" your clocks this morning!!

shadowfax

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 3:07:52 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 13, 11 1:08 AM
Thank you shadowfax.
The settings are for: Full screen or windowed, I had black bars either side of my screen with the full screen option and none on windowed. Sound volume and Music volume. Up or down. LOL!
IMHO this is possibly a game for new H0 players or for someone that wants a very easy gmae to play, away from the dark and dreary IH0G's.
I completely disliked the hand holding we are compelled to use, spoilt it a lot for me.
I looked for the WT to guage how long it is but the link is not up yet. I completed each level in about 3-5 minutes. So I have no idea as to how many levels there are.
Very clear graphics making the objects easy to spot.
Maze mini puzzle, again too easy, and the bull puzzle? (if you can call it a puzzle)?
If you can afford the DL time, give it a go. ME I will wait to see the length as I may get it for a day when I have nothing else to play. I will use one of my "free" credits on it..........possibly.
Have fun all, sorry that the US fishies have one hour less to play today! LOL! (Our turn soon)

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 13, 11 1:14 AM
Actually Peglegann, I just sleep one hour less and maintain my normal gaming routine.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 13, 11 1:17 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Actually Peglegann, I just sleep one hour less and maintain my normal gaming routine.

LOL!

ETA I had better watch out! You are a catfish
Congrats

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 1:19:55 AM PST

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 13, 11 1:59 AM
In the walk though there's supposed to be 27 levels. But I think I don't want to use a credit on this. Agree w/ CGran...this was a bit too easy. The constant buzzing (?)sound drove me nuts! Oh! Did anyone scratch their heads when looking for the "hummer" in the beginning that was a hammer?
I think the only reason why I used 3 hints was because I had no idea what they meant...then went "OH..great.." 'cuz the names were wrong. Like a "boot" is not a tennis shoe...Ok, I'll stop.
I think the devs "tried" but it's a no for me but as CG said this would be perfect for beginners or kids.

joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by joray2 on Mar 13, 11 3:32 AM
Here's another game that should of been out years ago,not now,just won't cut it!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 13, 11 3:36 AM
Due to the size of the download I thought the graphics wouldn't be of very good quality but, apart from a black line flickering on and off across the top of the screen, the hidden objects are very clear to see and the only reason I needed to use a hint was because I didn't understand what I was looking for ... yes Lunachan that was the one lol.

Well I didn't adjust my volume but I can't say that I was conscious of any music or sounds at all but I normally have it set on low anyway.

To assist you to play the game you are given:

A Glove of Power .... who needs Hercules, I can now move mountains
Nightvision Goggles ... no need for a torch
X-Ray Goggles
Scanner

Don't worry about wondering which one to use as you are told every single step that you have to take in the game so just follow the complete Simon says instructions and you will complete the game in no time at all.

Each level consists of a bit of story, a hidden object scene and a bit of interaction and a very easy minigame. I did skip one mini because my hand isn't steady enough to draw straight lines and I kept hitting the museum wall and I got fed up of being made to start again. The other labyrinth type games were fine but easy as was the one STD (spot the difference) that I came across. I normally refuse to do these as I hate them but this one took me about 30 seconds or less to find all 10 differences.

I am not sure how much more of the game there is but in my hour I got as far as preparing to dive but I felt that I was close to the end and for this reason I doubt I will be purchasing it.

Good effort devs but less handholding next time please.

Cherb

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 13, 11 3:45 AM
As usual excellant reviews from the fishies. The graphis were pretty clear and sharp. Thought the loading screen was much clearer than the game graphics.

This wont be a purchase for me, I just could not get into the game. I didnt care for the constant clicking to change the cursor into power buttons.

Happy gaming

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 13, 11 3:53 AM
Well, that was interesting. Never got past the crash site. Saw the list. Took the backpack and couldn't do anything else. Saw an arrow off to the left and thought maybe I had to go there first, but when I tried, I got a message up top that said, I should "do a training first." Unfortunately, I couldn't "do a training," because nowhere could I click that anything happened except a swirling cursor. (Sigh) And I was so looking forward to using THE GLOVE OF POWER. Obviously, it's not a buy for me since I couldn't play it at all.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Mar 13, 11 4:12 AM
When do we get to be piranhas?

I too do not like this game. I'm sure these developers tried and all but it's too easy and things aren't listed as they should be. A nut's listed as a screw, shoe a boot, hammer a hummer and dice a cube. The graphics are cartoony and the glove of power? Maybe little kids will like it if they don't get frustrated clicking around until the find something that is mislabeled. The sounds didn't bother me. I'm use to developers being tricky and putting stuff in a scene that's similar and you have to click on EXACTLY what they're asking for.

No buy for me. Back to The Void and Fear for Sale I go.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 4:39:54 AM PST

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Mar 13, 11 4:16 AM
Found the game to be extremely easy, almost to the point of being ridiculous . When a mini-game requires you to put the numbers 1-9 in ascending order in a simple swap the tile puzzle.
I got to level 19 of the 27 in the hour demo and I let the game run while I made coffee and let the dog out. Had I played the entire hour I feel as I could have finished or nearly finished the game making it a pretty short game. A lot of misnamed items and spelling errors. (Spelling doesn’t overly upset me as I have no room to talk about bad spelling. Thank god for spell check). This would be a good game for someone to play with their young kids or grand kids but a definite no buy for me.

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 13, 11 4:27 AM
And just when I needed a new game today, this one is not so great. Oh, well I guess I will drag oout the old Madam Fate for the word puzzles in it.

Oh, and thanks for the reminder of the clocks. I forgot we had to set them ahead this morning, but then the cable box and the computer clock do that automatically, its mainly the car clock and our watches we have to set.

budordee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by budordee on Mar 13, 11 4:46 AM
If I was told one more time to get the 'glove of power' - - - -!! You were constantly being told what to do next. I thought the idea of these games is to use some of your grey matter! Then, when I didn't understand what was needed, they were no where to be found! You almost didn't need the list of items to find, just click the obvious 'out of place' items in the picture and you had them. Some of the items were called names unfamiliar or strange to me (that's not counting the incorrect spellings!). Anyway, although I think it could have been a very interesting game had more challenge and sense of purpose been involved, I will not be purchasing this game.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 13, 11 4:47 AM
Well the graphics are excellent too bad I got the crazy cursor syndrome so no play no buy for me.... I think the developers released this too quickly

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Mar 13, 11 5:04 AM
Crazy cursor here too. Also my laptop got very hot after 10 minutes of play. When I tried to quit it went to a black screen with a C++ error if I remember correctly it said "pure virtual cell" and I had no use of my cursor whatsoever. I had to Alt-Ctrl-Del to shut the game down. With all that it is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by jenniferjenice on Mar 13, 11 5:17 AM
Although the graphics and color are nice, this game is not worth buying unless you have young children or grandchildren. The mini games are so easy that there is absolutely no challenge to them. All in all if you want to be bored or babysat throughout this game, don't waste your time its not worth getting a game credit for.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Mar 13, 11 5:30 AM
when I saw the game title I thought we were in for a good 'un.........urgh how wrong I was! Very basic cheap tacky game I felt. No introduction to the storyline........erm what storyline! As if we need follow my leader instructions. What's with the glove of power anyway. NOT a buy for me, I'll hang onto my free game codes for now thanks!

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Mar 13, 11 5:38 AM
Well, since I was up at the crack of dawn to let the dog out I was hoping for a good game to sink my teeth into.......don't think this one cut's it. The graphic's are good.... story line ? Not so good. Think I'll save my credit for something better. As always the review's are great from the forum.

[Post New]by lttlreddvl on Mar 13, 11 5:48 AM
Good Morning all, on this Sprung ahead day, and like the other gamers I was hoping for a good game also. BUT this one which took almost 4 minutes to even get to the profile page, was lagging terribuly.When I got to the first screen and saw that my 7 yo neice could do it I closed the game and deleted it. With the severe lag and one less hour of sleep, I was not even in the mood then.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 13, 11 6:14 AM
lunachan wrote:In the walk though there's supposed to be 27 levels. But I think I don't want to use a credit on this. Agree w/ CGran...this was a bit too easy. The constant buzzing (?)sound drove me nuts! Oh! Did anyone scratch their heads when looking for the "hummer" in the beginning that was a hammer?
I think the only reason why I used 3 hints was because I had no idea what they meant...then went "OH..great.." 'cuz the names were wrong. Like a "boot" is not a tennis shoe...Ok, I'll stop.
I think the devs "tried" but it's a no for me but as CG said this would be perfect for beginners or kids.

You said what I was going to say. The spelling turned me off right away.
How about the one: phonocord???? I was looking for a phone cord, used a hint and it was the record album. What's up with that?

Go to: