So bad it's funny

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

So bad it's funny

[Post New]by bradalex on Mar 13, 11 3:21 AM
Played the full hour as I wanted to see how bad it could get! I mean, I know it is fantasy land but to crash your plane and build a motor boat out of the spare parts whilst still wearing your Uggs? Come on!!
Seriously though I think with a bit more tweaking it could have been a good game.The graphics reminded me of the Sam Swift games (which I love), but the bad spelling, wrongly named objects and constant hand holding drove me mad. Plus I hated that b****y GLOVE OF POWER>

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:So bad it's funny

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 13, 11 3:50 AM
Know what you mean....At least it kept me laughing @ the ridiculousness of it. Still laughing....

Koffie99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Koffie99 on Mar 13, 11 4:55 AM
Maybe fun for toddlers. Scene loading very slow, bad translation from japanese. Didn't even want to play the full hour!

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Mar 13, 11 5:33 AM
I laughed all the way through and kept thinking how much my 8 year old grandson would quite like this game. Come on BFG. You cannot be serious!!!

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Mar 13, 11 6:20 AM
Oh, but it seems they are serious...I honestly can't believe they would expect ANYONE to use a credit or pay actual money for this horrible insult to gamers.

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Mar 13, 11 8:52 AM
Ridiculously poor graphics, and annoying sounds. The big laugh was the devs could not spell the simple word "Hammer". It was listed as "Hummer" in the first scene.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 13, 11 8:56 AM
I didn't think the graphics were that bad, at least not compared to what we've seen lately. I think it's a good kid's game. They'd have fun with the night vision goggle thing and the power glove. I had trouble picking up a few objects and had to use a hint to see if I actually had the right object and the statues on the shelf puzzle was confusing. I mean I know what was supposed to happen, but making it actually happen was another thing.

Juicey08
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Juicey08 on Mar 13, 11 9:06 AM
This was atrocious! Can not even believe it passed BFG approval! My kids were even annoyed by it. Is this the best they can offer? Seems the games are getting worse and worse, although I was laughing through it and shaking my head. WOW

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 13, 11 9:07 AM
By the time I was supposed to find yet another "hummer", the interface froze. Had to force quit. Not a buy for me.

Put your hand in my Glove Of Love.

[Post New]by maryllorenz on Mar 13, 11 9:18 AM
I agree with all of you. This game is a waste of time.

So bad it's funny

[Post New]by gamineannie on Mar 13, 11 9:47 AM
bradalex wrote:Played the full hour as I wanted to see how bad it could get! I mean, I know it is fantasy land but to crash your plane and build a motor boat out of the spare parts whilst still wearing your Uggs? Come on!!
Seriously though I think with a bit more tweaking it could have been a good game.The graphics reminded me of the Sam Swift games (which I love), but the bad spelling, wrongly named objects and constant hand holding drove me mad. Plus I hated that b****y GLOVE OF POWER>

Ah, yes the horrid glove, but the nvg (took a few minutes to realize it is the abbreviation for night-vision goggles) were really bad in use. Difficult to see the darned gears then. Fortunately, I never made it past the balancing the scales thingy, since the GLOVE OF POWER didn't work or whatever. Could not move the dangly bits to either the scales or the control panel. Luckily, the GLOVE OF POWER was capable of selecting the menu button!
The only problem here is, the game was released too soon - BFG should have waited for April 1st. Then at least they could claim it was a deliberate joke!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 13, 11 11:16 AM
Hand holding? I felt more like I was being bullied. I was waiting for a game similar to Sam Swift, pleasant, bright and not so epic that I had to put my extra large thinking cap on. From the video this looked like it might fill the bill. The graphics were clear, bright and colorful. The music almost non-existent but it was tolerable after I turned off the ambient sounds.

If they would have left out all the extraneous carp, glove of power, blah, blah ,blah and put in a half way decent story it might have been ok but being bullied for almost an hour, I couldn’t stand doing the full demo, was like spending time with my ex-husband! So I decided to divorce the game, delete it from my comp. and get on with my life.

I can’t imagine what the devs personal lives must be like and I don’t want to.
What an insulting game.

[Post New]by rrlcav on Mar 13, 11 11:25 AM
Gave up after 4 minutes...the cursor kept wandering all over (not my mouse)...it sucks!

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Mar 13, 11 11:30 AM
Really bad; and not in a good way. It's terrible.

First, as someone else posted, I was looking for a HUmmer, only to find out it was a HAmmer. There's a difference between a Hummer and a Hammer; you can't drive a Hammer. Okay, some people can't (and shouldn't) drive a Hummer either, but that's another story.

Then I was looking for a Boot. It was a Shoe. Yes, Virginia, there IS a difference between a boot and a shoe. And that was all the time I needed. I keep wondering what the clue for a screwdriver would've been; Volkswagen?

BFG, your quality control, or lack thereof, is really getting on my (and others) nerves. Will you PLEASE do some quality control? Or, if you have openings in that department, call me. I'd gladly take it. I'd love to be paid for doing absolutely nothing.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 13, 11 11:43 AM
Mirinah wrote:Ridiculously poor graphics, and annoying sounds. The big laugh was the devs could not spell the simple word "Hammer". It was listed as "Hummer" in the first scene.
I was looking around for a HUGE army vehicle I was so PO'd when I had to use a hint and it took me to a hammer! Then after the 5th word list of having to use a hint to get something that was not at all what was on the word list I just deleted it from sheer frustration! I will not even spend $2.99 on this if were to come out on a daily deal! It was so stress inducing for me! LOL! I am not saying this to be mean...that was my honest to goodness experience with the game!

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Mar 13, 11 11:57 AM
I have three credits to spend and am eager to try a new game. However, thanks for the reviews here--I believe I shall save them for another day. Thanks to each and everyone of you who took the time to post so I did not waste my time/effort/energy.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

amuzed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amuzed on Mar 13, 11 11:59 AM
Yes the spelling errors and item errors were idiotic. I mean hammer=hummer, a cube=dice and a screw=nut. Seriously........

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 13, 11 1:05 PM
I cannot believe in today's environment and many people out of work and all, they cannot find game developers to create better games. As a teacher, I have students in my classes who could develop a game better than the ones we have been receiving. What happened to all those graduates who majored in game design? Guess must not be hiring them or they are in big demand because these games we have received lately are just horrible. The CE's are great and there is NO ONE in the business who develops games as well as Big Fish and for that they should get big kudos. But, then again, we pay twice the amount for these games. Hopefully we will soon return to good SE's as well.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 13, 11 4:09 PM
LucyMarie wrote:I have three credits to spend and am eager to try a new game. However, thanks for the reviews here--I believe I shall save them for another day. Thanks to each and everyone of you who took the time to post so I did not waste my time/effort/energy.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Hi LucyMarie

I have sent you a PM regarding a different game you may like to try that might be worth spending a credit on

Kel

murph127
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by murph127 on Mar 14, 11 10:34 AM
Does anybody vet these games? Terrible translations and just plain incorrect names for objects, plus typos galore! I would be happy to proofread these things if Big Fish is too busy to do it.

Go to: