1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Post any Treasure Hunters technical issues here only

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Mar 13, 11 5:15 AM
I notice the moderator didn't start this thread but I am. I usually DO NOT have issues with the games but this morning was a big exception

First crazy cursor syndrome. It was almost unusable with my laptop built in mouse and my optical mouse. It is the only game I have had this trouble with in over 4 years with BF.

Second my laptop got very hot after 10 minutes of play. I am not talking warm nut hot. it took it about 15 minutes to return to normal temp.

Lastly when I tried to quit it went to a black screen with a popup box C++ error if I remember correctly it said "R6025 pure virtual cell" and I had no use of my cursor whatsoever. I had to Alt-Ctrl-Del to shut the game down.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 3:20:11 PM PST

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by seajay123 on Mar 13, 11 6:08 AM
This is the second one in I think a month. I also DO NOT usually have problems with games and then now 2 with the same error. I can't even get to a screen in the game. I get an immediate error screen and then the game quit working screen after that and thats it.

[Post New]by gipsy_2007 on Mar 13, 11 6:08 AM
I didn't even get this game to open, after trying to download twice. It downloads fine, but when I go to play I get an error message: Cannot find import: File "MSVCR80.dll" error 126.
Any help for this issue?

[Post New]by amcahoon on Mar 13, 11 6:23 AM
I get to the part of adding my name/profile. Then when I hit play, it bombs. I have to start a task manager and get out of game because it is giving some error and bombing. I am running Win7 64bit on an i7 processor. (New laptop).

What is up with all the games being released lately with all kinds of issues? I used to never have problems but lately seems that is all we are getting.

I was looking forward to playing. I hope I get a resolution soon or refund and cancellation here I come!

Sincerely,
Fed UP

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Mar 13, 11 7:03 AM
Game freezes after the mini game in the underwater boat. The fish still swim but nothing happens and it will not take you back or let you out of the scene.
Deleted and re-downloaded and still nothing happens.
Waiting for BFG to contact me on just what I need to do.
This was reported my email to BFG.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 7:04:31 AM PST

Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by nancerushing on Mar 13, 11 7:23 AM
1Seashell7 wrote:I notice the moderator didn't start this thread but I am. I usually DO NOT have issues with the games but this morning was a big exception

First crazy cursor syndrome. It was almost unusable with my laptop built in mouse and my optical mouse. It is the only game I have had this trouble with in over 4 years with BF.

Second my laptop got very hot after 10 minutes of play. I am not talking warm nut hot. it took it about 15 minutes to return to normal temp.

Lastly when I tried to quit it went to a black screen with a popup box C++ error if I remember correctly it said "R6025 pure virtual cell" and I had no use of my cursor whatsoever. I had to Alt-Ctrl-Del to shut the game down.

ladytgun
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ladytgun on Mar 13, 11 7:31 AM
Ok I have been with BF for years now and lately the games stink, really, tech troubles loadingtroubles. This one really took the cake, downloades it and started the game, took 5 min to load didn't even get to the beginning of the game it just sat therre, Who is beta testing these games,? I never got a beta test for this game. Big Fish I am very dissappointed in your choice of games, And what is with all these collection games? I may havr to take my business somewhere else if this keeps happing. SORRY!!!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 13, 11 7:34 AM
I got:

Error: Access violation at 0x69502C55 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

I tried to make the game work three times. Nothing could get it started.

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Mar 13, 11 7:53 AM
Unbelievable! I have just spent nearly the entire trial hour just waiting for the tutorial and then trying to exit. I never did get all the way through the tutorial--I just couldn't stand watching a cursor move one pixel at a time anymore!! Big Fish, somebody has been dropping the ball on the quality testing lately.

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Mar 13, 11 8:03 AM
Error:
data/2/0/level.lua:179 attempt to call global 'gameinput'(anil value)

I never saw this error before, The game kept playing so I lost a lot of time
I contacted CS for a response!!

Its a shame that what doesn't need fixing,Gets fixed
What needs fixing, Like some of the games ,Don't get fixed

[Post New]by PurpleLogic on Mar 13, 11 8:24 AM
I too experienced the dreaded floating cursor! I wasn't able to play any of the mini-puzzles due to the cursor. Quit after 19 minutes of frustration!!! The quality of games here has been going south for quite a while. Makes me seriously consider canceling my membership. Not to mention the game manager issues, takes forever for any game to launch - makes me wonder what information BFG is gathering from me each time I play a game.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Mar 13, 11 9:14 AM
I started well with this game. Got my name in ok. Got to hidden object game ok. Doing well. Got to 1st puzzle and ski ing went well. Down through the maze. Terrific. Then it started to load next bit and guess what, IT FROZE. I tried escape button, Nothing happened. I tried Control Alt delete, Nothing happened. I had to turn off computer to get out of the game. Guess I will never know if it is a good game.
Yet, another game to add to my Can't Play List.
All I seem to do is moan lately. That is not really me, honest. I would love to do a good review on a game that i can play all the way through. LOL
Hazel

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 13, 11 11:03 AM
Exact same thing for me as for Hazel. Froze after maze had to reboot. Guess I'll have to finish my taxes today instead of playing a new game..
Abs

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Mar 13, 11 11:12 AM
I have not had any problems with a game until this one.....I got to the crash site and my cursor froze....so I uninstalled, downloaded it again.....same thing......guess where this game went??? yup, the trash can......B

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 13, 11 11:46 AM
I have the same crazy cursor problem too. I tried deleteing it and reinstalling but that didn't help. Guess I will notify BF

[Post New]by dimelet on Mar 13, 11 12:11 PM
hummer for hammer?

klsuch
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klsuch on Mar 13, 11 12:27 PM
Game won't load. Just get a blank screen with the cursor going round like it's waiting to load.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Mar 13, 11 12:36 PM
Same thing here..this game is a real dog.
cursor when it moves is so slow and jerky.
From the time I entered my name to the time the actual game loaded and I clicked one item it was 9 minutes into the game.
Bad bad monkey BFG

ceomom
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ceomom on Mar 13, 11 12:39 PM
Well, I got further than any of you I guess before I got the termination error. Had to do the Control, alt, delete and go through manager to stop it. Screen completely frozen. Have any of you noticed that price for the games has gone up as well. When paying in Canadian $ we should be lower. I have loved the games from this site for years but in the last 6 months have had more problems than good games. Anyone know of other sites with "GOOD GAMES".

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Mar 13, 11 12:45 PM
Hazel53Xby wrote:I started well with this game. Got my name in ok. Got to hidden object game ok. Doing well. Got to 1st puzzle and ski ing went well. Down through the maze. Terrific. Then it started to load next bit and guess what, IT FROZE. I tried escape button, Nothing happened. I tried Control Alt delete, Nothing happened. I had to turn off computer to get out of the game. Guess I will never know if it is a good game.
Yet, another game to add to my Can't Play List.
All I seem to do is moan lately. That is not really me, honest. I would love to do a good review on a game that i can play all the way through. LOL
Hazel

Same problem here. Uninstalled and redownloaded. Wouldn't even take me to first screen. Had to reboot my machine because I couldn't even get CRL ALT DEL to work. Needless to say, I am not going to be playing this demo.

Go to: