bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 12, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun forum

[Post New]by pufftrade on Dec 13, 08 10:25 AM
I really love these games and this one is really fun, but I seem to be stuck on August 25, Late Morning. I've tested everything that needs to be tested and talked to everyone several times and can't seem to figure out how to get to the next level.

When I click on Poirot to ask for a hint he says nothing, but Hastings says thank you.

Is this a glitch? Do I need to delete and reload the game?

JagWire1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JagWire1 on Dec 13, 08 10:46 AM
I have bought several games also a game member. The only problems i have had is with Agatha Christie 'Orient Express' and now 'Evil under the Sun'. Both games cause a pc crash. Tried to reinstall and defrag.Called a pc expert in my town,they told me my pc meets the requirements for these games.i have downloaded several large file adventure games from Big Fish with no problems.Do i get a refund???? Game credits???

[Post New]by sariala on Dec 13, 08 2:08 PM
I can't get this game to install after I paid for it. It gives me an error message saying there's something wrong with the file itself. I sent a message to BF, but it says it'll be 72 hours before I get a reply. Bummer. I've never had a problem installing any of the other games I've bought.

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Dec 13, 08 4:38 PM
game goes to white after beach scene ,then freezes

[Post New]by brndnsgrl35903 on Dec 13, 08 4:45 PM
My game is working fine...I just cant seem to find the tent stakes....anyone know where they are?

[Post New]by cindilousim on Dec 13, 08 5:26 PM
redbaron wrote:game goes to white after beach scene ,then freezes

Same thing happens to me.....after beach scene everything is white. Couldnt even figure out how to save the game before i got out of it. With everything completely white I couldnt see anything. Help!!!!!!

webster
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by webster on Dec 13, 08 6:23 PM
I had the same problem glad I tried the trial I thought it was my vista but must be a game bug! My screen went white and froze up to. To bad I own all the others in the series.

[Post New]by holycowharry on Dec 13, 08 9:21 PM
brndnsgrl35903 wrote:My game is working fine...I just cant seem to find the tent stakes....anyone know where they are?

It's the broken ladder to the beach at Cutter's Cove…pick up the two posts left of the deck.

[Post New]by holycowharry on Dec 14, 08 11:39 AM
folkdance wrote:The game is a little slow but the scenery is nice. I am stuck on August 24th Afternoon - after returning to Poirot's room I am supposed to go into the bathroom and take the fresh towels, there are no towels anywhere in Poirot's bathroom. There also is no cleaning cart and the maid won't speak to him. I have tried retracing all my steps, but now everyone wants to be left alone. Most of the doors in the hotel are locked so I'm stuck and cannot advance. I don't have a lot of patience with games that don't work properly. I have returned to Poirot's office 3 or 4 times to do the magic finger thing but it just gives me the two cards and no power word, even though I know it's supposed to give me the word "lamp." Game appears to be stuck.

After receiving the second clue ‘Lamp’… click on Hastings icon on the taskbar then you’ll be automatically back in Poirot's room with the maid.

The towels are on the rack in the bathroom…the cleaning cart is outside the room.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Dec 14, 08 2:30 PM
I'm also getting 'whiteouts' but have managed to find the save option before exiting. When you go back in and load the save, it has refreshed back to normal. However am finding this a bit of a pain as it's happened 3 times now and I've only been on the game 20 minutes. Not sure if this is game is too memory heavy as am noticing it slowing just before it goes white but am using latest direct X etc and don't usually have these problems with any other 512mb memory games.

May have to mail tech supp.

veja_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by veja_1 on Dec 14, 08 3:20 PM
okay, so I thought the problem was just with me. you know, maybe it's a sign I play too often (but then I snapped out of it and thought, nah, that can't possibly be it). my game keeps going white on me too, and i can't see anything but a couple of rocks. I don't freeze, but I can't see to do anything. Does anyone know if BF is doing anything about it? I've only been a member for about a year and a half, but I've only had one other problem (with a Nancy Drew game, earlier this year, and BF made good on it right away), so no complaints.

In the mean time, does anyone have any ideas how to work around the white-outs? I really wanna finish! I can't stand to start a game and not be able to get through it.

Oh, just got my Big Fish & stand yesterday, now it holds a place of honor on my computer desk! Thanks Big Fish!

[Post New]by cindilousim on Dec 14, 08 3:27 PM
veja_1 wrote:okay, so I thought the problem was just with me. you know, maybe it's a sign I play too often (but then I snapped out of it and thought, nah, that can't possibly be it). my game keeps going white on me too, and i can't see anything but a couple of rocks. I don't freeze, but I can't see to do anything. Does anyone know if BF is doing anything about it? I've only been a member for about a year and a half, but I've only had one other problem (with a Nancy Drew game, earlier this year, and BF made good on it right away), so no complaints.

In the mean time, does anyone have any ideas how to work around the white-outs? I really wanna finish! I can't stand to start a game and not be able to get through it.

Oh, just got my Big Fish & stand yesterday, now it holds a place of honor on my computer desk! Thanks Big Fish!

What I have been doing to get around the white out is hitting F2 (which is quicksave) and the F3 (which loads the game back) this has been working fine....only problem is you have to do it quite often. Hope this helps.

veja_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by veja_1 on Dec 14, 08 6:30 PM
cindilousim wrote:
What I have been doing to get around the white out is hitting F2 (which is quicksave) and the F3 (which loads the game back) this has been working fine....only problem is you have to do it quite often. Hope this helps.

Yay, cindilousim! Thanks for the hint. It helped alot! You're the bestest!

[Post New]by cindilousim on Dec 14, 08 8:11 PM
veja_1 wrote:
cindilousim wrote:

Yay, cindilousim! Thanks for the hint. It helped alot! You're the bestest!

Just an FYI, the quicksave doesnt appear to really save the game....so before you get out of the game completely make sure you save it. I made the mistake of getting out of the game thinking quicksave would be enough, and you guessed it.....i had to do a bunch of stuff over. I love this game....its just very frustrating having to keep doing the F2 and F3 thing.

[Post New]by cindilousim on Dec 14, 08 9:03 PM
7warrior7 wrote:I was experiencing the same problem with the screen going white so I tried a couple of different things that stopped that from happening. In the options I unmarked some of the enhancements and also marked anti aliasing(which helps if your PC isnt running to full requirements). Then I went to the people who made the game and downloaded a patch which I then installed. When installing make sure the folder you install it into is just agatha christie evil under the sun in program files,find it there first and make sure it has your game stuff in it plus granny.dll. After doing those things the game worked and is running smoothly. I hope it helps.

Thank you so much 7warrior7....i did what you said and not one white out since. I turned off everything except the text.....yay.....i can play now.....

catbrat61
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by catbrat61 on Dec 14, 08 9:52 PM
I say this with a smile:

I find it amazing all WE are doing to get around a flaw in a game we purchased while BF stays silent after two days.

Smile will fade after Monday when everyone SHOULD be back at work and paying attention Still smiling tho .......Not Playing the game due to frustration but still smiling

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Dec 14, 08 10:29 PM
Well pressing F2 then F3 worked when he took the path to the Pub,but still cant get to the beach without a white screen

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 15, 08 5:07 PM
7warrior7 wrote:I was experiencing the same problem with the screen going white so I tried a couple of different things that stopped that from happening. In the options I unmarked some of the enhancements and also marked anti aliasing(which helps if your PC isnt running to full requirements). Then I went to the people who made the game and downloaded a patch which I then installed. When installing make sure the folder you install it into is just agatha christie evil under the sun in program files,find it there first and make sure it has your game stuff in it plus granny.dll. After doing those things the game worked and is running smoothly. I hope it helps.

Thank you Thank you Thank you I installed the patch and just marked the anti-aliasing without turning any of the other options off and it's working fine now. I think you've saved our sanity (and hair from being pulled out)!

Raist
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Raist on Dec 15, 08 5:14 PM
brndnsgrl35903 wrote:My game is working fine...I just cant seem to find the tent stakes....anyone know where they are?

Go to: