bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Farm Mania: Hot Vacation technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 14, 11 2:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 12:34:40 PM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Re:Post any Farm Mania: Hot Vacation technical issues here only

[Post New]by lackoo on Mar 14, 11 5:34 AM
The game doesn't support widescreen resolution . Ugly black borders on both side of the screen . Come on dear developers . More and more people own modern monitors with higher resolution than 1024x768 .

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 5:35:35 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 14, 11 8:14 AM
I'm sure many people will pay good money before realizing this game has a serious bug towards the end of it.
I love the Farm Mania games, really do, and think Hot Vacation is great.
But if I buy it, I want to be able to finish it, I want to be able to play the final level, not to mention play the 2nd mode which only opens after finishing the 1st one completely.

Only it is impossible.
Thing is that in the last farm, in China, way beyond the 1 hour trial people get before they pay, in the level before the final, he quail and she quail don't dig each other as much as the level goals require, if you get what I'm saying...

It is impossible to finish this level and it is with no doubt a bug in the game, one I'm sure can be easily fixed and will justify purchasing the game for sure.

I hope something will be done about it 'cause otherwise, playing this game towards the end is a total bummer...

[Post New]by irockg30 on Mar 14, 11 12:09 PM
level 19 in Australia. it is impossible to "grow" a baby ostrich, so I can not get past the level, so I have wasted money on this game.

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 14, 11 1:32 PM
During the game the are some brown stripes appearing on the screen, it doesn`t matter the level on which you`re playing

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Mar 14, 11 1:39 PM
I got an "unsafe to run this software" message from my Norton Security Scan. First time that has happened with a bigfish game. Any help or feedback? I love these types of games and want to download this one!

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Mar 14, 11 1:41 PM
McKoehn wrote:I got an "unsafe to run this software" message from my Norton Security Scan. First time that has happened with a bigfish game. Any help or feedback? I love these types of games and want to download this one!

OK, just tried again and this time got an OK by the Norton scan. Strange, don't know why that happened the first time.

[Post New]by Lisa_a on Mar 14, 11 2:23 PM
Game comes up but won't load...just stays on the loading page...whats up with that?

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 14, 11 2:40 PM
irockg30 wrote:level 19 in Australia. it is impossible to "grow" a baby ostrich, so I can not get past the level, so I have wasted money on this game.

Same here tried it 2 times it`s still the same

[Post New]by Alec11 on Mar 15, 11 12:01 PM
Level 58 in China

I am not able to complete the level as the he-quail and she-quail will not produced a baby quail. I am able to complete everything but goal in this level.

I am also getting the flashing black lines running across the screen on random occasions.

When will there be an update to fix these problems? I guess I should have waited awhile before purchasing this game.

[Post New]by chicinmel on Mar 15, 11 1:32 PM
I found a bug in the game whenever i try to milk a camel. Game hits a circle or something. but as usual of bigfish games i was loving it and did buy it. so disappointed now

[Post New]by etousley on Mar 15, 11 3:40 PM
I'm also experiencing some random issues (black circles appearing from nowhere; black lines across the screen; etc.). The entire game completely froze up on me today and I had to reboot the computer.

I'm also finding it impossible to pass level 58 (last level in China). Maybe the he-quail just doesn't find the she-quail attractive, or maybe he bats for the other team....I don't know. It's driving me nuts, though, b/c I can't go any farther and can't unlock the arcade mode. This game needs an update pronto!!!

[Post New]by gottalovedogs111 on Mar 16, 11 12:20 PM
I was having the same problem in Australia - the level before the checkered flag - I had 2 female ostriches and one male ostrich and I was unable to make them have a baby. I sold the male goose, kept the female goose and the ostriches mated right away.

[Post New]by trollnatt on Mar 17, 11 5:45 AM
mY game keep crashing can play 1min. then black sqreen, what can be wrong this sucks

Marm23
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Marm23 on Mar 17, 11 7:53 AM
lackoo wrote:The game doesn't support widescreen resolution . Ugly black borders on both side of the screen . Come on dear developers . More and more people own modern monitors with higher resolution than 1024x768 .

I have the same problem. Even by changing the screen resolution the horrible black borders remain. I'm sure the Techies could sort this out.

[Post New]by frenchielamalice on Mar 17, 11 11:30 AM
etousley wrote:I'm also experiencing some random issues (black circles appearing from nowhere; black lines across the screen; etc.). The entire game completely froze up on me today and I had to reboot the computer.

I'm also finding it impossible to pass level 58 (last level in China). Maybe the he-quail just doesn't find the she-quail attractive, or maybe he bats for the other team....I don't know. It's driving me nuts, though, b/c I can't go any farther and can't unlock the arcade mode. This game needs an update pronto!!!

I totally agree with you!

[Post New]by frenchielamalice on Mar 17, 11 12:05 PM
Regarding level 58, I just kept 1 male peacock and the quails had their fun quick enough!

KiraCory
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KiraCory on Mar 18, 11 7:50 AM
Game play was fine through the first area, but as soon as I moved on I seem to be having a problem. After a few levels, my game goes to a completely black screen and freezes. Only way I can get out of it is to ctrl+alt+delete kill it. If I go back into the game from there, happens as soon as I hit the same level again. But if I reboot the computer it goes on fine for a while before doing it again. Really enjoying the game, but this is getting rather annoying.

Winklepots
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Winklepots on Mar 18, 11 8:23 AM
I'm having the same problem as Efi24 and I'll never complete the game. I've let the level go for longer than 20 minutes and even with the proper "mood" lighting, those quail just aren't having it. I think it's a game glitch. I complete all the other tasks before the 5 min mark, but those quails just won't make a baby. I've thought about giving them tequila instead of water to help things along; they might be hungover in the morning, but at least I'll have my quail baby.
I've sent a crash report to BF.

[Post New]by hazzledreams on Mar 18, 11 9:35 AM
I am having the same issues as many others. I certain levels in the middle my game starts crashing and i have to reboot my computer seeing as the screen goes completly black. I am not impressed. I love the game, however, I wrote to the tech with the issues and even did all the felixdoc and thedirect thing and they said they did not recieve my diagnosis. Not to mention telling me that my hardware may not be appropriate for this game. I have a brand new gaming computer and none of the other games malfunction like this. Come on BF you guys should have an update to fix this bug already. Any fishes out there know of any fixes?

by KiraCory on March 18, 7:50 AM
Game play was fine through the first area, but as soon as I moved on I seem to be having a problem. After a few levels, my game goes to a completely black screen and freezes. Only way I can get out of it is to ctrl+alt+delete kill it. If I go back into the game from there, happens as soon as I hit the same level again. But if I reboot the computer it goes on fine for a while before doing it again. Really enjoying the game, but this is getting rather annoying.

Seriously??? Come on

Go to: