bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Mania: Hot Vacation

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 14, 11 2:01 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Farm Mania: Hot Vacation? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Mania: Hot Vacation

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Mar 14, 11 2:28 AM
I bought this game about month ago from another site, quite good game

The game style still remains the same from the previous sequel but this time they come with 3 new themes with new animals and plants, very enjoyable

All Time Management fans should give it a try!

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 2:29:55 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 14, 11 4:53 AM
ClassyDash wrote:OK I'm buying this game

It's cute
with pleasant music
and I noticed I am smiling
while I am playing

Fun

Is this a game review or a Haiku? Either way, it's cute and I'm glad you finally got your TM game!

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 4:54:04 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 14, 11 6:31 AM
ClassyDash wrote:haha
I'm having a blast with this game

Hold all my calls for the rest
of the day!

Done!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Mar 14, 11 7:13 AM
Yay! Been waiting quite a while for this game to release at BFG.

Really enjoyed this game - there's lots to do! You are raising animals (sheep, ostriches, geese, prawns) and growing all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Special orders come in that you can fill alongside your regular goals, plus there are predators you must scare away (parrots, coyotes, lemurs) or they will eat your crops. Lots of fun and a good challenge for TM fans.

A definite buy for me -

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 14, 11 8:17 AM
Lisa522 wrote:Yay! Been waiting quite a while for this game to release at BFG.

Really enjoyed this game - there's lots to do! You are raising animals (sheep, ostriches, geese, prawns) and growing all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Special orders come in that you can fill alongside your regular goals, plus there are predators you must scare away (parrots, coyotes, lemurs) or they will eat your crops. Lots of fun and a good challenge for TM fans.

A definite buy for me -

Did you finish it? I find it impossible...

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 14, 11 10:52 AM
The graphics are cute. The gamplay is TM. I found that I was rushing a bit through the game...trying to beat the timer and let a few items slip by me. ie custom orders. Too enjoyable. The music and storyline are perfectly adorable.

This game is an A.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 14, 11 2:00 PM
To me it's exactly the same like the first two (for that reason I never bothered buying the second one as I in a way already own it in the form of the first one) and for the same reason I won't bother buying this one either, if that makes any sense

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 14, 11 3:36 PM
FUN FUN FUN! Fast moving and not a dull moment! I highly recommend this one!

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Mar 14, 11 3:46 PM
Pearly11 wrote:To me it's exactly the same like the first two (for that reason I never bothered buying the second one as I in a way already own it in the form of the first one) and for the same reason I won't bother buying this one either, if that makes any sense

It make perfect sense! And it reminds me of the Farm Frenzy franchise, though their sequels are more abundant.
I didn't see any difference between this and Farm Mania 2.
Everything was even positioned the same way.

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 3:48:39 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 14, 11 4:16 PM
Very cute and nice gameplay. A buy for me

ksknjones
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ksknjones on Mar 14, 11 10:07 PM
I Like the game. It is like the other 2, but I'm a sucker for a good game. Will someone PLEASE comment on the length of the game! Thanks!
KSKNJONES

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Mar 15, 11 1:47 AM
ksknjones wrote:I Like the game. It is like the other 2, but I'm a sucker for a good game. Will someone PLEASE comment on the length of the game! Thanks!
KSKNJONES

For me, it took about 3.30 Hours to finished the game but there is Arcade Mode you can play too

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Mar 15, 11 4:33 AM
Very nice game! They managed to put in some little new twists, not too many, but still enough to give the game a fresh feeling. This is one of the TM games where the player certainly is busy - very enjoyable. So many tasks, time just flies by.

In comparison to the previous versions, Grandpa gets a bit more to do, like planting and taking care of trees as well as diving for corals, catching shrimps. Also, regularly there are customers who ask for special goods and pay a bit extra for them. I can only repeat what I said about another TM game: they manage to put in new things, why can't Farm Frenzy do that?

You can't actually lose the game. When the time runs out, you just continue playing, there is no time penalty. So this takes a bit of the challenge away, but on the other hand, the levels are so busy that I don't mind not having to watch the clock.

Graphics are nice, produce is somewhat country-specific (we travel to three countries here). I still could do without the levels where you have to find animals hidden in the countryside and they don't add much, as they bring extra money, but money is plentiful anyway. Still, those levels are not a major issue and the rest of the game is so much fun.

As to the length: I played approx. 3 hours yesterday and I assume, there is still about one hour play time left for me. Decent length for my taste and I remember that the other Farm Mania version always were great to play again, so it's good value for me.

ksknjones
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ksknjones on Mar 15, 11 9:29 AM
Goop_10 wrote:
ksknjones wrote:I Like the game. It is like the other 2, but I'm a sucker for a good game. Will someone PLEASE comment on the length of the game! Thanks!
KSKNJONES

For me, it took about 3.30 Hours to finished the game but there is Arcade Mode you can play too

Thanks so much! I hate buying a game and it only lasts a little longer than the demo.
KSKNJONES

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Mar 15, 11 9:32 AM
This is the first Farm Mania game I've played, and I'm really enjoying it. But, the Bonus Levels, where you look for animals in the woods, are impossible. They blend in with the foliage so well I haven't yet completed a bonus round. Next time give us a break, please! Other than that, great game!

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Mar 15, 11 12:31 PM
GloomySunday wrote:Very nice game! They managed to put in some little new twists, not too many, but still enough to give the game a fresh feeling. This is one of the TM games where the player certainly is busy - very enjoyable. So many tasks, time just flies by.

In comparison to the previous versions, Grandpa gets a bit more to do, like planting and taking care of trees as well as diving for corals, catching shrimps. Also, regularly there are customers who ask for special goods and pay a bit extra for them. I can only repeat what I said about another TM game: they manage to put in new things, why can't Farm Frenzy do that?

You can't actually lose the game. When the time runs out, you just continue playing, there is no time penalty. So this takes a bit of the challenge away, but on the other hand, the levels are so busy that I don't mind not having to watch the clock.

Graphics are nice, produce is somewhat country-specific (we travel to three countries here). I still could do without the levels where you have to find animals hidden in the countryside and they don't add much, as they bring extra money, but money is plentiful anyway. Still, those levels are not a major issue and the rest of the game is so much fun.

As to the length: I played approx. 3 hours yesterday and I assume, there is still about one hour play time left for me. Decent length for my taste and I remember that the other Farm Mania version always were great to play again, so it's good value for me.

Very well said!!!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 15, 11 5:39 PM
Well, that was way too short.....
Got the gold on all and some of the animals hidden in the brush, I had to do over, but did eventually find them with the help of the butterflies.
I did enjoy it though as I did with the 2 earlier versions. Had lots of time leftover in the last deal when going for 50,000 coins.
Still glad I bought it even though it was way too short! Did I say that outloud for the 2nd time.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 15, 11 10:21 PM
the farm felt like it just way too cluttered way too fast... the geese and ostriches were trampling each other... the lemurs were ducking in between the sheep and the hyenas - ??? not to mention the birds and the monkeys...

a fun little time management piece, but i would have liked a little more room... maybe i'm just wishing that more devs would get on the widescreen bandwagon

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Mar 16, 11 2:01 PM
Farm Mania 3 is virtually identical to Farm Mania 2. I have achieved gold on every level without much effort. There were just one or two levels that were even remotely challenging. I made gold every time with LOTS of time to spare. The previous Farm Manias were much more challenging in terms of time limitation than this one. Not much thought went into game revision/upgrades. The developers took the easy road on this one. Enjoyable game to a point, but if you're looking for a challenge, play Farm Mania 2.

Go to: