gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Fairy Jewels 2 - DD for 15Mar2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 15, 11 12:11 AM
I bought this game and played it thru and liked it a lot, but had to exchange it for the first Fairy Jewels due to ongoing crashing issues. My computer has its own unique set of issues with games, so try if for yourself.

Re:Fairy Jewels 2 - DD for 15Mar2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 15, 11 5:59 AM
Ummmm...No. 1) too much dialogue to scroll through. I realize you can skip it. 2) It gets too hard too fast.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 15, 11 8:45 AM
I'm enjoying this little game much more than I thought. Music is relaxing. Graphics are bright and clear. Releasing the fairies is cute. Variations in each level keeps it interesting. Playing in casual mode is fine for me. Getting the carroms just right is challenge enough and enjoyable. There's a timed mode for fishies who like a bigger challenge. If you like marble poppers and peggle type games you'll like this, too. I was so engrossed in the game when the trial ran out I jumped to buy it so I could dive back in. If this is you're type of game it's a good one, more than worth the $2.99.

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on Mar 15, 11 6:11 PM
So---I took a chance and bought this game, having played it for the hour with no 'events' and now it closes down on me several times. I checked my Driver and it's updated.

So---is the first one enough like this one for me to try and get it instead? I loved this game--till it started crashing on me! Sigh!!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 15, 11 6:32 PM
Hey j - I've had no crashing issues with the first Fairy Jewels, and I do like it. Customer Service gave me a game credit for this game that I used to get the first one.

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 6:33:42 PM PST

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on Mar 15, 11 7:17 PM
Thank you, Gimme! I read some comments on the Fairy Jewels (original) and a few folks found one level impossible to get around--something to do with the steel (?) so I've been thinking I might just keep this one. It has only crashed three times and the last time I played it I made it through 30 mins. before I quit to check this thread! I might be able to live with it if it only does the crashing thing a few times!

I really like it--so I hate to give it up!! Did it start crashing on you alot once it started doing it?

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 15, 11 8:33 PM
I was 19 minutes in until my first crash... but I was about to quit out anyway...

I was doing well but I could NOT get to 2 faries in the corners of the screen (the third level I think) so I tried to restart the level, in case there was a bomb or something I missed, and that caused the crash. The game had "tried" to freeze up at least once before that but my computer got through it...

Anyway, I've played this type of game before and I did enjoy it but it sounds like this game is just buggy ... and I have not encountered a game where I got stuck so early before.

Good luck to those that have this one!

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Mar 16, 11 5:08 AM
I haven't had any problems with crashes but sympathize with those who do. BFG support (green envelope, lower right) is wonderful in helping you run a game and will gladly give you a game credit if the staff can't help.

Vessetti, you're right about missing a bomb or something in order to get through a level. I was having a terrible time with one level and suddenly I hit something and all the barriers that were killing me just disappeared. You can skip a level but will lose a life. I skipped one level. What's the point of keeping all my hearts if I have to stop playing the game.

It's a pretty long game, too. I played off and on for hours yesterday and am only a third of the way through. It is going faster as I get better, though. Really love the hame.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 16, 11 1:16 PM
Hey j - Yes I had lots of crashing with this game - if it would have improved, I'd have kept it. As for the first Fairy Jewels, I had no problems playing clear thru it at all, and no crashing either. Clearing steel is just strategy if I recall right.

Go to: