E I E I O...

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 2:49:10 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Garden Dash - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 15, 11 1:21 AM
I played the demo and I like it okay... Not quite the bucolic scenario of lots of other farm and garden games though...

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Mar 15, 11 1:26 AM
The clock on this is pretty unforgiving...it's way too fast for me.
I turned off the custom cursor, and did a little better hitting the clicks where they should be, but I still can't keep up LOL!! It's serve ALL the customers, or you lose.
It's too bad it's got so much "Dash" in it; I liked the new setting.

Edit: Thanks to Kitty1, I discovered that I didn't pay enough attention during the instructions (not really unusual for me!). She drew attention to collecting the "serenity leaves", and the fact that when the meter is full, you click it and get extra time on the timer....silly me, I played this game in beta and also missed it there. This makes a huge difference in playing the game; I'm now completing levels with time to spare. Thanks again, Kitty1 !!!

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 4:37:09 PM PST

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Mar 15, 11 1:35 AM
played 15 minutes of it and i have to say i was hoping for something else. i'd like to start by saying i really really liked the cute setting and the graphics are great, colorful and interesting. it's really the gameplay i'm not liking so much. i find that i miss a lot of the clicks which is frustrating to me and the rhythm of the game isn't quite as well done as some of the other dash games (which was my main gripe with the soap opera dash). i just don't feel like i can get into any kind of groove or pattern and end up feeling almost like i'm fighting the game mechanics somehow. i'll probably play a little more of the demo time i have left, maybe, not sure. i don't feel too compelled at this point, but i'd like to give it a fair shot so if my opinion changes i'll update for sure.

happy gaming all!

UPDATE: just finished the hour demo and unfortunately my opinion hasn't really changed. i find that i am annoyed by my clicks not seeming to register even tho i turned off the game arrow. it's an "OK" game but not a big win which is unfortunate because it is very visually stimulating and good looking. it's the game play that just isn't grabbing me.

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 9:56:55 AM PST

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Mar 15, 11 1:40 AM
I love DASH games from PF and this one i LOVE it

Lovely graphics and gameplay, another great NEW DASH, after playing it for 20 mins, its a BUY for me

4/5 Stars from me...

[Post New]by monkeybum27 on Mar 15, 11 1:46 AM
Not a buy for me. The timer was too quick that I couldn't enjoy the game, otherwise I might have bought it

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Garden Dash

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 15, 11 2:49 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread has been stickied for your convenience!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Mar 15, 11 6:02 AM
a great addition to the dash collection. if you are a dash fan like me then this is a must have.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 15, 11 6:56 AM
I have betatested this game and loved it. A great dash game

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Mar 15, 11 8:16 AM
I agree with the previous two reviewers. I played Garden Dash for an hour before work and I thought it was a terrific dash game- Certainly better than Soap Opera Dash...Glad Garden Dash is challenging as well... Of course I purchased it lol

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 15, 11 9:32 AM
Aside from loving iHOG's and adventure-strategy games, are the TM's. Love all the dash ones, so I'm off to try the demo, and most likely purchase. If there are no glitches in the game, it will be a purchase from me.

Minuet888
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Minuet888 on Mar 15, 11 10:55 AM
I am a TM master.....so why can't I make it past level3 on this game?

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 15, 11 11:09 AM
I got totally stuck on level one. The clock kept on running even thought I was still in the tutorial, customers got annoyed before I found out how I could calm them down. The character refused at first to drop tools into the basket, which related into significant delays. The music drove me round the bend in a very short time. It's not just a 'no buy' for me it's a clear 'never'. Disappointing, I'm not overkeen on the Dash-games, but I like them as a welcome change. Somehow I've got the feeling this one here has at the time not been quite ready for a launch yet. If they want my money then they have to come up with something that is actually playable and achievable.

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Mar 15, 11 11:27 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:The clock on this is pretty unforgiving...it's way too fast for me.
I turned off the custom cursor, and did a little better hitting the clicks where they should be, but I still can't keep up LOL!! It's serve ALL the customers, or you lose.
It's too bad it's got so much "Dash" in it; I liked the new setting.

Enough said I'm not even going to try it.......don't like getting stressed out playing games on tight clock times

[Post New]by Nisakins on Mar 15, 11 11:35 AM
Pearly11 wrote:I got totally stuck on level one. The clock kept on running even thought I was still in the tutorial, customers got annoyed before I found out how I could calm them down. The character refused at first to drop tools into the basket, which related into significant delays. The music drove me round the bend in a very short time. It's not just a 'no buy' for me it's a clear 'never'. Disappointing, I'm not overkeen on the Dash-games, but I like them as a welcome change. Somehow I've got the feeling this one here has at the time not been quite ready for a launch yet. If they want my money then they have to come up with something that is actually playable and achievable.

I guess I'm confused or maybe misinterpreting this. You never have to drop tools in the basket just the finished plants. Barb can carry two tools at a time and will automatically "drop" one if you pick up something else. The only thing she can't carry two at a time is two different types of seeds.

As far as the music, I'm never big on the music for these games as a general rule so I just turn it off in the options menu. Problem solved.

The name of this game is chain, chain, chain. You get in kind of a groove with what plant needs what so you can get as many chain actions as possible which keeps your clock down. I think it's really cute and made it through the first garden during demo without incident and I'm hardly a TM whiz even though I like them very much. I loved this game. Very much a buy for me.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Mar 15, 11 11:50 AM
I'm not a TM master, and apparently not a green thumb, either! When I flunked level 3, I knew this wasn't for me. Usually I don't have trouble passing a level until very late in the game. Looks cute, and people who are great at time management might really enjoy it. I'm more of a casual TMer, though, so I think this would prove too challenging for me.

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 15, 11 12:06 PM
I love the Dash games but i don`t know this one has something that is missing and don`t know what exactly...or maybe i was expecting to much...

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Mar 15, 11 12:20 PM
I too was having trouble passing level 3 til I figured out it is really necessary to pick up the "serenity leaves" & hit the "serenity" button when it fills up. This will give you a lot of extra time. I went from not passing twice to finishing way before expert. Like that Barb automatically drops whatever tools she has to pick up what you want & that she can carry 2 tools at once. Don't like that there are not a lot of upgrades & you can't add more than one upgrade per pot. I also found that I had to kind of watch picking up the produce as if not aimed quite correctly, she didn't always pick up the pot.

Pretty good game but so far I'm finding it a bit boring so not for me for now.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Mar 15, 11 12:26 PM
Goop_10 wrote:I love DASH games from PF and this one i LOVE it

Lovely graphics and gameplay, another great NEW DASH, after playing it for 20 mins, its a BUY for me

4/5 Stars from me...

I totally agree!!!!

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Mar 15, 11 12:35 PM
Quite a nice game, lovely graphics, good introductory story (with the Dash series, watching the introduction is always fun, with other games I often skip it).

I played 30 minutes of the demo so far and got to level 9, all on expert, so I'm a bit worried about the length of this game. Does anybody know how many levels there are?

Several typical Dash things have been kept, such as the color combos, the hearts and the characters. It's really nice how the Diner Town population becomes a bit like old friends as they appear in all the games. This is very well done.

There are also several unique things - different plants with different needs, so some planning is required to make color combos. Customers order specific plants - here again some planning is required. Pots come in different sizes and can be updated. But be aware! It seems as if only one upgrade per pot can be bought. I bought the automatic pruning update for one pot, then the automatic harvest update and the pot just had the latest update.

What I absolutely looooooove is that things not needed are automatically dropped when something new is picked up. This saves soooo much time. Very user-friendly and much appreciated.

One is busy during the levels, but, as I wrote before, the first 9 levels were easy enough to do.

So, I'll play the other half of the demo, just to see whether this keeps getting a bit more challenging and develops further, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy it.

Go to: