prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Floating Kingdoms - Weird, but lovable?

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 13, 08 6:04 AM
Oh- maybe I'll check it out then- looked more sim than adventure.

[Post New]by kitten051901 on Dec 13, 08 10:01 AM
I was a little unsure of this game at first glance. I have downloaded the demo and have to admit..I LOVE it. It is simple..perfect game to chill out to..love the mini games..didn't want to see the demo end..and it ended in a flash. You can get so into this game the time flies!! For me this is definately a purchase!!

linniebean
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by linniebean on Dec 13, 08 11:04 AM
I'm downloading demo right now as well. It looks kind of interesting. Will give it a try. Don't really like the sim type of games, like where you have to build towns and maintain people, etc. Usually prefer HO games. Will make a comment after I play the demo. Happy gaming all

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 13, 08 11:28 AM
For once you and I differ, Poodle.

Weird, with annoying sounds and timers...

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Dec 13, 08 11:47 AM
I played this game for 20 minutes. Did not like it. I guess I will just have to play some of my games over again until something good comes out.

Alex7154
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Alex7154 on Dec 16, 08 6:00 AM
I played the game to the end. The game lacked real challenges!

Even, though, it had Mah Jong solitaire, bubble pop, match 3 games. The only game with a timer was the solitaire game. And you can leave the game anytime you wanted to.

As long as you had enough of your resources, you can breeze through a level. And for the Orbs, they made the passage even faster. The pirates would come and only want part of your resources, so why pay.

And the story was pointless. They are talking about the 16 islands and I thought something great would happen once I completed the 15 kingdoms. But nothing happened. They most or less said forget it all.

The game for me was meaning less!

This game lacked the meat and potatoes that other games offer!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Dec 18, 08 12:31 PM
The game is cute - but VERY short - only 15 total levels, including the first 3 or 4 where you don't do much. My 9 year old granddaughter loves it. I was disappointed. There is no challenge for an adult, but it beats twiddling your thumbs, lol. Happy holidays everyone! God bless you.

rainroosty
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rainroosty on Dec 20, 08 8:27 AM
I was playing the demo and I was liking the game and wanted to buy it but I found that the controls were awful - you have a time limit in the Mahjongg game but if you click pairs of tiles fast then the game software cannot keep up. So frustrating!
I think that any halfway decent Mahjongg player would click too fast for this game.

Edited on 12/20/2008 at 8:28:32 AM PST

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Nov 13, 09 9:16 PM
I would have to agree with you Poodle I just downloaded it to try for something different. I really don't like timers or management games but this was different in that it was just puzzles. I enjoyed it but I have to say that it was weird at first. Obviously you were playing for awhile so you can replay levels?? Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I also found this weird and lovable, just like me

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 14, 10 7:51 AM
eleanor1183 wrote:For once you and I differ, Poodle.

Weird, with annoying sounds and timers...

I agree. Found the game more annoying than fun. Didn't like the way the wood game faded out when you touched it, the pizza game and food game were a bit dumb. The characters were very unlikable. The architect was a suck-up and the queen was a b----. The helper was a bit ditzy. After only 15 min. my right hand is numb. Thanks, but no thanks. Just weird, not lovable. Sorry Poodlebear. I usually agree with you but not on this one. Loved the web game from yesterday.

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 7:54:09 AM PST

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Jan 14, 10 10:56 AM
Bribling,

I did have Tropix 2 - The Quest for the Golden Banana and I loved it, but it eventually kept crashing. It was a huge program when I finally gave up and deleted it.

It came from the 'other' place. I never in a million years thought I'd enjoy a game with monkeys, lol. I could only do about 3 of the games too but they were fun.

I wish someone would make one like that that worked. It was the first game where I occasionally enjoyed buying the things.

I think I'll skip this one w/o trying it.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jan 14, 10 3:08 PM
played for about half hour, don't like it. my cursor was floating all over. made it so i couldn't click on the majong tiles quick enough which made me run out of time, 3x. there's no way to get rid of that cursor either. very annoying.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 14, 10 6:39 PM
Wasn't going to try it, because I don't like Sims games, but on Poodle's recommendation, I'm dl'ing now. Will let you know how I like it. Got the Web yesterday. Oh, I'm soooo far over my six games, LOL.

I tried Chocolatier, since I had a bunch of PlayGold left, and their $4.99 sale was still on Tuesday. Surprise! I loved it! Bought all three. Guess I'm broadening my gaming horizons.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on May 3, 10 10:24 AM
I've had this game for a long time (well over a year), and still go back to play it. This, Be A King, and Plants vs Zombies have had the most reply time of anything I've gotten here!

The first two are no stress, which I like/need. P vs Z is a hoot, plus there's always the Zen Garden to go to

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 4, 11 6:26 PM
cll1950 wrote:Didn't like the way the wood game faded out when you touched it.
I thought that was the nicest innovation! It lets you know what's underneath that you're going to make visible if you use that tile as opposed to one of the others of the same.

Not that it's enough for me to buy the game. Knowing that it's so short, as well as the cutesy graphics, it's not worth a purchase for me. And my nephews are way too old and too far away.

But I'm happy to recommend it to other people's grandchildren!

Go to: