bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Garden Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 15, 11 2:48 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Garden Dash black screen Mac

[Post New]by hudson_ferris on Mar 15, 11 2:37 PM
Garden Dash is doing the black screen thing on my Mac (actually on three different Macs with 10.6.6) ... something which has happened in the past with a few of the Playfirst games. Never could get Soap Opera Dash to lose the black screen. I get through the Big Fish Splash screen and to the point where I can click play and enter my name, but black screen after that.

Anybody have any ideas? All three of my Macs (2 MBP and 1 M have the same problem. All are running the latest OS X 10.6.6 and other updates.

Thanks

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 2:37:36 PM PST

Re:Post any Garden Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rosie420 on Mar 16, 11 12:03 PM
having the exact same problem on my mac. Waiting for tech support to get back to me but doesn't look like this game will work for me.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 16, 11 12:24 PM
Hey folks,

There are a couple troubleshooting steps that you can take to see if the black screen can be resolved.

Please first uninstall your current versions of Flash Player and Shockwave, then install the most updated versions. You can find more information on this help article:

Mac Game Errors

Please also run a Software update, which you can find at the link below:

Mac Support

and our reps will be happy to further assist you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 12:24:22 PM PST

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Mar 16, 11 4:11 PM
Around level 3, I switched off the custom cursor (actually, I did that right away but it didn't stick) and then the game froze when I went to purchase an upgrade.

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Mar 17, 11 1:36 AM
I am using windows and I cant play level 41 as I just get a white screen and nothing happens. I have to force a log off to get out of it

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Mar 17, 11 4:28 AM
Using Windows XP, all drivers and Direct X etc... updated, meeting OS requirements. I trialed as Norton was doing the backup (I know, not the best idea, but usually works ok), and it appears they interferred with each other a lot: Norton kept cancelling the bakup, got frozen ghosts of previous screens on the game.

I shut off Norton hoping the issues would be solved but still got the "ghosts" in the game. Could go on playing but found it annoying. At least the game didn't freeze.

[Post New]by mygirl29 on Mar 18, 11 4:06 AM
I cant install the game. Everytime i try it says to install the flashplayer ive already got the updated flashplayer and its STILL not installing. Ive never had problems with any of these games before infact i have brought all the diner dash games and they all work fine.

Deege
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Frame rate issues

[Post New]by Deege on Mar 19, 11 8:33 AM
Each level starts out fine, but as it progresses the frame rate becomes slower and slower. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the game, updated evil Adobe Flash, and updated video drivers to no avail.

My video card is NVidia GeForce GT 220, Windows 7 (SP1), 8 gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 CPU, 1T HD.

Thoughts?

Thanks

ETA: FIXED! It was Shockwave Player!

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 7:59:28 PM PST

[Post New]by syoung9860 on Mar 22, 11 5:26 AM
I've completed Level 1 twice and it will not let me move on to level 2.

desterata
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by desterata on Mar 22, 11 11:20 AM
I cannot get out of the tutorial. It will not permit me to give the finished product to the clients.
That has got to be some sort of record.
I tried to cancel out of the tutorial and just playing but got the same result

[Post New]by mhwhetsell on Mar 22, 11 12:04 PM
I have gotten expert on levels 12 and 13 in the Handy Harvester mode 3 times and each time it doesn't show on the map! What gives?!

I am playing on a Windows PC, no other problems to report at least...........

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 12:05:03 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 22, 11 4:44 PM
I've had freezing at times, and my video driver has at times stopped working and required a reboot.

[Post New]by tash828 on Mar 23, 11 4:27 PM
mhwhetsell wrote:I have gotten expert on levels 12 and 13 in the Handy Harvester mode 3 times and each time it doesn't show on the map! What gives?!

Same thing here. I finished the entire game in the easier mode and I went back to 2 levels that said they were not completed in expert. I completed them as expert and it's not registering! Ugh!

Raven9
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Raven9 on Mar 25, 11 1:43 PM
1 Cannot Play Tutor1al. 1 Don't Know How To Play.

S1mular1t1es L1ke Soap Opera Dash W1th The More Games Button 1s Work1ng. Other Buttons L1ke Play, Opt1ons, Help And Qu1t Are Not Work1ng.

[Post New]by hbs0306 on Mar 27, 11 5:06 PM
In the Handy Harvester I start to play and when it goes through the video it stops and freezes up. I have updated shockwave and all the other things like that. I would like for someone to help me with this. Thanks.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 28, 11 4:56 PM
Someone started a thread outside this tech issues thread, on this one glitch - 12 and 13 will not show up properly as expert.

I just played through those levels several times. 12 upgraded after a couple of times with the star, but 13 will not.

Seems to be a real bug with a lot of people having it.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 4:57:17 PM PST

[Post New]by kcatbat on Apr 12, 11 8:24 PM
tash828 wrote:
mhwhetsell wrote:I have gotten expert on levels 12 and 13 in the Handy Harvester mode 3 times and each time it doesn't show on the map! What gives?!

Same thing here. I finished the entire game in the easier mode and I went back to 2 levels that said they were not completed in expert. I completed them as expert and it's not registering! Ugh!

Doing the same thing to me!

Why CAN'T I see the full view of this game?

[Post New]by mik4el4 on May 4, 11 6:50 PM
When I downloaded the game it comes in full screen but on my netbook when the game pops up I am only able to see half of the full page meaning I only see 4 TABS from the right and left side and then I can't go down to click on option/settings to change the full size/full screen.

[Post New]by isassy on Sep 28, 11 9:57 PM
I am on level 10 in Green Gardener (?), the one in the warehouse. When I start level 10, there are no pots. The customers are there with their orders, the upgrades are available but no pots. I went back and re-played level 9, everything is fine, in 10, the pots disappear again but evertying else is normal. I can't explain. I restarted the entire computer. No change. I am using Windows 7....

Go to: