bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 15, 11 2:51 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

bethybee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered technical issues here only

[Post New]by bethybee on Mar 15, 11 4:30 AM
When I start the game, I get the start up and intro and I can move around a bit but when I try to open anything the game just stops and bounces me back to the BFG game manager.

bethybee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bethybee on Mar 15, 11 5:08 AM
bethybee wrote:When I start the game, I get the start up and intro and I can move around a bit but when I try to open anything the game just stops and bounces me back to the BFG game manager.

I did update my adobe and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but same results - after the reinstall it bounced me out when I tried walking! Help please - I'm dying to start the game!

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 15, 11 9:00 AM
I'm experiencing a similar issue. After playing the game for a while (I'm at the stage where I need to find something Jake hid at the diner) I can get up to the exit door of the school, but when I click to leave, the game just shuts down and I'm back at the game manager. I had an Adobe update in the last two days, however, I have previously been able to leave the school and go to other locations on the map without the same thing happening.

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by TSM5960 on Mar 16, 11 7:09 AM
another game that I can not play. error message as always. have contacted bigfish, and have did everything they said to do. still getting error message. have never had this trouble in the past. have all the nancy drew games no promblems.what is going on with bigfish. nancy drew is not the only games I can not play.sister in next room with olderpc never has any promblems.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 16, 11 4:28 PM
TSM5960 wrote:another game that I can not play. error message as always. have contacted bigfish, and have did everything they said to do. still getting error message. have never had this trouble in the past. have all the nancy drew games no promblems.what is going on with bigfish. nancy drew is not the only games I can not play.sister in next room with olderpc never has any promblems.

I agree. Either the latest Windows updates are problematic, or I'm not sure what. I run Win 7 on a very new Asus gaming specific computer. I've been madly in love with all of the Westward series games and have played them for years, upto and including about a week or so ago, when I started getting all kinds of errors. BF support sent some suggestions, but it ended up with me receiving credits and no resolution. Now I buy the Nancy Drew latest, and run into this. ARRRGGHHHH!

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 4:32:34 PM PST

[Post New]by mcmrmm2351 on Mar 17, 11 7:35 AM
I am also having the same problem. I just begin the game and it suddenly disappears. I tried re-installing the game, but no luck. THis has never happened to me before.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Mar 18, 11 6:05 AM
For all of you having this issue - the game ran fine for me and I have a brand new computer with Windows 7.

However I had an issue similar to the one you describe with one of the Syberia games (another LF game). At a certain point in the game it would freeze and I would have to use Task Manager to get out of it. After reading various forums I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and the 2nd time I also installed it with the Direct X as it requested during the install. The first time I had refused the Direct X because I thought I had a current version running. I even updated to THE most current version of Direct X, and it still froze until I went with the version the game came with

So this time, when it asked me to install Direct X I accepted it and let it. And had no problems with the game at all. Just guessing here, but my understanding is that Windows 7 uses Direct X 10 and earlier versions of windows use Direct X 9 series. This game installed several older versions of Direct X updates so I think that it is a compatibility issue, go with the verison it wants to install. Try this, I sure hope it helps.

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Mar 18, 11 2:03 PM
I'm with Connie and making the comment about her medalion having the sign of THE Crane on it................and that's it .........I get thrown out to game manager !!!!
I go back and start the conversation all over again but curse down and miss that part of
the conversation and go to "see you" this does allow me to move away from Connie but when i check "things to do notes " it will not check it off ! So I go back and mention The Crane symbol again and presto.........Back to game manager, this has to be a glitch, Just wondered if any other fishes having this problem ??

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 18, 11 2:35 PM
but my understanding is that Windows 7 uses Direct X 10
MoDreams, DirectX 9 is XP, X 10 is Vista and X 11 is Windows 7. 9 and 10 and 9 and 11 run in parallel.

[Post New]by rhuebschwerlen on Apr 29, 12 9:34 AM
I can't hear Nancy talking. Originally I refused the DirectX download and I thought that was the problem so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. This time I accepted the DirectX download but I still can't hear Nancy talking. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Go to: