cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Trouble in the church

[Post New]by cjpandie on Mar 15, 11 8:07 PM
[b]I am still in the chapter in Italy. Seems like others have gotten further. I have found the secret passage in the church, but the game won't let me go down there. "I will get caught by the bookstore owner." I assume I haven't done something right, but after going back through the walkthrough, haven't figure out what it is. Any suggestions, fishies?

Re:Trouble in the church

[Post New]by mares41 on Mar 16, 11 5:05 AM
Go back to the bookstore.

[Post New]by Funtimer on Mar 16, 11 6:40 PM
found the secret stairway but can't go down the stair. One person said go back to the bookstore but don't understand what to do at eh bookstore.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Mar 16, 11 7:04 PM
Funtimer, maybe you have tried by now, to return to the bookstore. If not, go it does solve the problem. You can get the book store man to leave and then you can go down the secret tunnel. Thanks mares41 that helped so much.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Aug 29, 11 4:33 PM
ok I don't remember how I got the man to leave,but he IS gone and I still cannot go down in the church.what is wrong?

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Jun 11, 12 10:36 AM
I have the same problem. According to the walkthrough I have done everything prior to this point but it won't let me take the secret passage. When I go back to the bookstore, the man isn't there but it won't let me go to the inside room. Any ideas?

[Post New]by bookrox on Mar 30, 13 8:37 PM
I am stuck at this point to???? no book store owner??? please help!!!!

[Post New]by dixgee on Apr 10, 13 4:51 AM
I'm in same position--can't go down the secret passageway and bookseller does not come out when I enter the bookstore. Last post was on 3/30 but no answer received yet.

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on Aug 20, 13 11:27 AM
I guess most fishes have played this game long ago, but it was one I hadn't finished. Anyway, I had the same problem in the church with the tunnel that leads back to the book store. Every time I tried to enter it I got the message "the book store owner will catch me". My only solution was to delete the game, reload it and start again with a new i.d. It's possible that I could have just started a new I.D. without reinstalling it but I wanted to be sure I had the latest version downloaded.

The tunnel problem happens in Chap. 2 so I didn't mind too much. This time I opened the Walk Through and Alt-Tabbed between the game and it as I played. I made sure I followed each step and what I found was I had omitted a step somewhere and didn't get a scene in which the book store owner tells me he's closing the store and I have to leave. That means that when I try to go down the tunnel in the church, he won't be there to stop me! yay!

Finally was able to progress through the game and I'm enjoying it. I'm up to Chap. 4 so it's a pretty good length game but being an older one, you have to follow each step. I hope this helps others who run into this.

Go to: