grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Hallowed Legends: Not my cup of tea

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 15, 11 9:49 PM
Maybe because I'm a 62 yr old grandmother, I'm really not enjoying this game. Because of the story line, I think it would appeal to a boy/man more than women. Plus, I must be slipping, I have to use the strategy guide an awful lot to know what and where to go next.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Hallowed Legends: Not my cup of tea

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Mar 16, 11 2:25 PM
I'm a 65 yr old Granny and I think everyone uses the strategy guide a lot in these games. That's why they are included in most of these game types. The 1st time around my use of it is constant, the next time not so much but still quite a bit especially on puzzles I haven't mastered yet.

Remember all that repetition in school and while studying. The more times, the better you remembered it.

You're not slipping, these games are complex at 1st, once again another reason for the strategy guides and walkthroughs. If no one used them, they wouldn't be so popular with the gamers.

As for boys or girls, these days no one really cares anymore. In other words the games are targeting both groups, after all we do interact all the time.

I play these games to keep my mind sharp, not to see if it's failing. That would be throwing in the towel.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Hallowed Legends: Not my cup of tea

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 19, 11 10:07 PM
Gee Pecabo1338, are you a school teacher?????? Because you sure sound like you're lecturing me. I was just stating my opinion. I prefer to to try to play my games as much on my own as possible without constantly going to a walkthrough or a strategy guide. I find having to use these guides a lot to be quite frustrating and annoying. And yes, I am aware that they are there to help us......I'm not ignorant, you know. This game is just a little too Science Fictiony for my taste....again, just my opinion...that's why I thought it might appeal more to guys. Oh, and by the way, I was just being facetious about my mind slipping. I've only had a computer for 2 1/2 years, and even I'm amazed at what I've accomplished learning to use one...so don't worry, I'm not a dottering old woman.

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 10:09:19 PM PST

Go to: