bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Aztec Tribe: New Land

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 16, 11 12:05 AM
Once a prosperous people, the Aztecs fell victim to a terrible twist of fate as torrential rains, earthquakes, and a volcanic eruption wiped their land clean. As their leader, you must restore the band of struggling natives to their former glory! Gather resources, build and upgrade buildings, and hire workers, and use your wits to form the best plan of action for each of the game's levels. Packed with challenges and rewards, Aztec Tribe: New Land is an exciting Strategy game!

Fawn9
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Aztec Tribe: New Land

[Post New]by Fawn9 on Mar 16, 11 12:35 AM
I played a demo of this game elsewhere and have been waiting impatiently for it to be made available here. It was an automatic buy for me. I loved the first installment of this game and the second game is every bit as good.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Mar 16, 11 12:54 AM
I'm just about to finish Roads of Rome 2, so very pleased that this has just come out! And it's a sequel? I'm going to be in TM heaven over the next couple of weeks!

[Post New]by jessie__123 on Mar 16, 11 2:01 AM
Long time reader - first time poster

Dont start the demo and think 'what the hell.............' as it gets better. At first there was alot of hitting turkeys (they are your food - its not abusive).
I really like this game - quite fun and is abit differant to the others. I'm a massive TM fan but it would suit most players due to the differant modes - no clock in casual mode which is all i have done so far.
Casual and Expert mode which is always good plus there is an 'endless game' bit which one would assume is self explanatory. One frustration i had was that usually when you start a game there are fairly thorough instructions which there weren't in this one - You do figure it out though
I got up to level 6 on the demo and bought it straight away.
Really love it as its not just a click fest and you have to think about which order you do things in to achieve the result.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 16, 11 3:17 AM
jessie, if you enjoyed this, try the original Aztec Tribe. Gameplay is similar but, to me, a bit more straightforward.

One difference with this game is that the bandits (little red characters) crop up earlier. You don't see them until quite late on in the original. Other than that, it's more of the same - build sawmills, mines, farms of various kinds, collect resources. I've only played a few levels of casual and it's still only a 'maybe', for me. I enjoyed the original but I'm not sure about the changes to gameplay on this one.

[Post New]by veryfrustrated on Mar 16, 11 4:00 AM
I also have the original Aztec Tribe which i love but call me thick but I can't seem to build a wigwam. I've collected wood/food, pressed Town but when I try to build wigwam nothing happens. I dont want to buy this until I can work out how it works since there is no tutorial, anyone help me pls.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 16, 11 4:12 AM
You dont build the wigwam in the first level.
I am not sure this game is as nice as the first game. If I have to click on every turkey this game is not for me.
Time ran out after only a few levels so I will wait for a review.

I loved the first game so I hope the best.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Mar 16, 11 4:20 AM
On level 2 you have to build a wigwam, but I am having the same trouble. The wigwam icon has a padlock on it, even though I have more than enough resources and my guy is resting in the lean-to.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 16, 11 4:22 AM
To build a wigwam you must first demolish the lean to. That's the only space you have to build on at this stage. In fact, I think there are several early levels where you must demolish the existing homes to build a better dwelling.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Mar 16, 11 6:32 AM
Thanks. It is working nicely now. I am getting a bit irritated at the "fixed" flashing every time I give water to a place, though :-)

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 16, 11 8:12 AM
ShazPG wrote:I'm just about to finish Roads of Rome 2, so very pleased that this has just come out! And it's a sequel? I'm going to be in TM heaven over the next couple of weeks!

i liked this one to,,, if you want something like roads of rome have you tried Timebuilders, Pyramid rising......it was very much like Royal envoy, it was released about 2 weeks agao

[Post New]by chocomint on Mar 16, 11 5:40 PM
omg, you mean aztec tribe where Columbus dhave discovered the land? its just like this one..^__^

http://img.cdn.global.netmarble.com/img/uwo/c/update/aztec/sshot/img01/03.jpg

imma gonna try this game..is it worth playing this?

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Mar 17, 11 4:54 AM
I bought this game and regret my purchase. The first Aztec was much more fun and more user friendly. This one is a bit frustrating and the clicking on the turkeys and buzzards gets very annoying. This game is not remotely in the category of other TM games which have received high marks. IMHO

[Post New]by HarRach on Mar 19, 11 3:27 PM
Regarding level 7.

I am stuck on level 7. There is no option to build a sawmill, no matter how much food I gain or what building I delete.

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

SPOILER ALERT:
Oops, forget this - I've read I may need a trader - so will try again (but may be back). Sorry.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 3:41:04 PM PST

[Post New]by nia4mnalo on Mar 20, 11 6:53 PM
im stuck on level 1? what the? i cant seem to get anymore workers nor can i destroy OR build anything! this is so irritating considering i totally loved the first game

[Post New]by neferankh on Mar 4, 12 9:49 AM
stuck on level 9. Gold mines keep breaking and can't get enough resources to buy stone and wood. Any help appreciated.

Go to: