bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 16, 11 2:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

 

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by DanaMorrigan on Mar 16, 11 4:27 PM
Ok, I'll start. I just downloaded and installed the demo on my Windows 7 system. When I try to play it, I get a taskbar button, showing the application open, but I can't actually do anything with it. If I click on it, a window maximizes and reduces again before there's time for the graphics to appear on the screen. Since it's Windows 7, I can mouse over that button and see what it thinks is there, which is a teeny-tiny little window with what appears to be a list and a scrollbar. But it's way too small to read any text on. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

 
peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 16, 11 5:02 PM
Same problem. Also with Windows 7.

 
peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 17, 11 6:55 AM
I've now gotten it to open but I can't see the whole screen, which is a problem since the goals are on the side of the screen . . .

 
strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by strilf on Mar 17, 11 9:00 AM
DanaMorrigan wrote:Ok, I'll start. I just downloaded and installed the demo on my Windows 7 system. When I try to play it, I get a taskbar button, showing the application open, but I can't actually do anything with it. If I click on it, a window maximizes and reduces again before there's time for the graphics to appear on the screen. Since it's Windows 7, I can mouse over that button and see what it thinks is there, which is a teeny-tiny little window with what appears to be a list and a scrollbar. But it's way too small to read any text on. Does this sound familiar to anyone?


Exactly the same thing here. I got to play the game when I just bought it, but it won't let me start it again today.

 
sallie_R
Clownfish
Clownfish
693 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by sallie_R on Mar 17, 11 2:38 PM
I can't get the wigwam to unlock so I can build it, on level 2 apparently I have all the resources to do it but it wont let me, any ideas?

 
AddieT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by AddieT on Mar 18, 11 9:39 AM
sallie_R wrote:I can't get the wigwam to unlock so I can build it, on level 2 apparently I have all the resources to do it but it wont let me, any ideas?


You have to remove the existing shelter in order to build the wigwam.

I had a problem on ... I have no idea what level, but I needed to build some corn fields but I didn't have enough wood and building a sawmill was not one of the options so I don't know how one is suppose to complete that particular level. I guess it doesn't matter too much though, as my demo ran out.

 

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by DanaMorrigan on Mar 18, 11 10:50 AM
peutetre wrote:I've now gotten it to open but I can't see the whole screen, which is a problem since the goals are on the side of the screen . . .


How did you get it to open?

 
auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by auntof6 on Mar 19, 11 2:32 AM
There's some kind of problem with level 21 -- see the thread about it for more info. The problem I had with it was that it wouldn't recognize that I had built a barrack. I even got rid of the barrack and rebuilt it, but that didn't help. Like some of the others who posted in the level 21 thread, the display was showing negative numbers in the progress area -- sometimes -1/1 and sometimes -0/1. Is there something we're doing wrong, or is this a bug?

 
peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 19, 11 7:01 AM
I've hit the same problem with the game not recognizing buildings on level 26. Would not recognize a big quarry, even when rebuilt, and lists sawmills as -2.

Way too glitchy to be a finished product . . . very disappointed.

 

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by joyride1098 on Mar 19, 11 5:27 PM
peutetre wrote:I've hit the same problem with the game not recognizing buildings on level 26. Would not recognize a big quarry, even when rebuilt, and lists sawmills as -2.

Way too glitchy to be a finished product . . . very disappointed.



Help! I'm having the same problem too. What do you do???????????

 
auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by auntof6 on Mar 19, 11 5:48 PM
I was able to get past the level I had trouble with by shutting down the game and restarting it. Not only should that not be necessary, the issue sometimes shows up only after you've spent a lot of time building things up -- quite frustrating.

I noticed another glitch: when trading, some of the resource amounts showed as -1 (negative one).

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 5:49:24 PM PST


 
peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by peutetre on Mar 19, 11 6:03 PM
I restarted levels . . . NOT something one should have to do!!!!

I got to level 30, built up a whole town then couldn't finish out because it wouldn't recognize that each building was occupied.

I'm disappointed that BFG would offer a game this rough.

 
auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by auntof6 on Mar 20, 11 12:30 AM
I've noticed a couple of other things that are annoying, if not actual bugs. First, if I click on a building I want to build and the cursor changes to the one you use to point to the building site, the only way to get the regular cursor back is to build something. Until you do that, you can't click on animals or enemies, although you can pick up crops and products. There should be a way to change your mind and not do the building.

Second, the program keeps forgetting where I have the music volume set. I turn it very low, sometimes all the way down, but once in a while (such as if I leave the game up when I switch to another program) the music comes back even if the setting is still on low.

 
SnappyPeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by SnappyPeas on Mar 22, 11 12:31 PM
Played well at first. Now it won't open. And since installing it (windows 7) my system has been sluggish and not really responsive. Disappointing.

 
hilde21
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by hilde21 on Mar 25, 11 11:01 AM
I'm hitting the same problem with the system not recognizing completed buildings. Bummer.

 

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by tessie1982 on Mar 27, 11 1:38 PM
peutetre wrote:I restarted levels . . . NOT something one should have to do!!!!

I got to level 30, built up a whole town then couldn't finish out because it wouldn't recognize that each building was occupied.

I'm disappointed that BFG would offer a game this rough.


I am having the same problem, should I complain to BFG or re-install??

Thanks

 
auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by auntof6 on Mar 27, 11 5:01 PM
peutetre wrote:I restarted levels . . . NOT something one should have to do!!!!

I got to level 30, built up a whole town then couldn't finish out because it wouldn't recognize that each building was occupied.

I'm disappointed that BFG would offer a game this rough.


Did you have a building on every building plot? Not only do you have to have every building occupied, you have to have a building on every plot.

 
auntof6
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by auntof6 on Mar 27, 11 5:04 PM
tessie1982 wrote:
peutetre wrote:I restarted levels . . . NOT something one should have to do!!!!

I got to level 30, built up a whole town then couldn't finish out because it wouldn't recognize that each building was occupied.

I'm disappointed that BFG would offer a game this rough.


I am having the same problem, should I complain to BFG or re-install??

Thanks


You might try both. There is a way to finish (see my reply above), but it's certainly not clear.

 
Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any Aztec Tribe: New Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mamalita on Apr 4, 11 12:23 PM
auntof6 wrote:I've noticed a couple of other things that are annoying, if not actual bugs. First, if I click on a building I want to build and the cursor changes to the one you use to point to the building site, the only way to get the regular cursor back is to build something. Until you do that, you can't click on animals or enemies, although you can pick up crops and products. There should be a way to change your mind and not do the building.



If you right click, the building will go back to the waiting to build icon without building it.

 
 
 
 
Go to: