bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Aztec Tribe: New Land

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 16, 11 2:35 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Aztec Tribe: New Land? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aztec Tribe: New Land

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 16, 11 4:35 AM
The graphics are cute. The artists did a good job on the colors which adds to the game. The gameplay is resource collection. This is not a TM as the timer counts up, not down. After a couple restarts, I got the hang of the game and enjoyed it quite a bit. There are chiefs to establish, traders to summon, porters, llamas and merchaniers to hire. The chief dances around town, raising the amount of resources the building produce. This is a wonderful sequel with a rich storyline.

This game is an A.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 16, 11 5:43 AM
This is an good tm-game, for tm-beginners and for tm-veterans. I like it and will buy it this week

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Mar 16, 11 7:06 AM
I have played the demo somewhat.

There are two modes to chose from "Casual" and "Expert." I chose to play the game on casual just get the feel of the game. No timer in casual but I do believe that there is a timer on expert mode. I am not much of a time management fan but I had fun playing. For those who enjoy playing time management games, they might like to play this game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 16, 11 7:28 AM
i liked it as a way to pass time, one bad thing is this, like the 1st. has way too many lightening strikes, fires and bandits destroying your buildings, sometimes that all you do is try to get enough resources to fix them.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Mar 16, 11 8:24 AM
I didn't like this one. It was hard to learn it and there are too many resources to keep track of. I also thought the graphics were too small. Not a game for me, but I hope others enjoy it.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Mar 16, 11 8:43 AM
I really, really wanted to like this game. When I saw the initial screen shots I was so excited because I was thinking something along the lines of My Kingdom for a Princess or Roads of Rome. I played a few levels of this game and just couldn't get into it.

Seems like most other fishies do, so happy gaming!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 16, 11 9:38 AM
I enjoyed the first Aztec Tribe even though I could not play very much at a time due to my wrist objecting to the constant hitting the turkeys, bears etc over the head in order to gain food.

This second game has the same method for gaining fresh meat so that means that it will take me a long time to play this game ... actually it will take me forever because there is an Endless game to play apart from the different levels .

I have just played a bit of the Endless game and found out there is additional "hitting" to do ... this time you can attack the other tribes yourself instead of having a warrior do it for you. No you can't kill them but you can make them pay for stealing resources from you and then you get rewarded with gold or crystals. Hitting them at any other time than when they have a loot bag over their head has no effect on them whatsoever.

The other options available are the usual Music, Sound, Fullscreen, Windows Cursor, Show Comics and Confirm Building Removal. There is also an Award screen which shows you how many Gold, Silver and Bronze Stars you have as well as 3 blank spaces for something and 24 other places for what look like statues but as I haven't earned any so far I can only speculate.

The gameplay is slightly different in this than the first and does not come with any real instructions so if you are stuck have a look at my post in the "Can't figure out how to play?" thread and hopefully it will point you in the right direction.

As you might have guessed I have already bought it and so far my only gripe is that the release date could have been a bit more sensitively arranged (postponed)in the light of current events.

Cherb

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Mar 16, 11 12:44 PM
Thank you so much cherbtoo for your review and explanations. Actually I was worried this game would be too similar to the first one, but this one is really a strategy game which I love so much, now it's a definite buy to me.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Mar 16, 11 5:08 PM
This one is a buy for me took me a few minutes to figure out what I was supposed to be doing/what was expected. I love that a casual mode was added so I don't have to feel like a crazed person clicking away. (Although truth be told once I've collected enough food I never bother with whacking the turkeys or other critters anyway )

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 16, 11 5:27 PM
Thanks for your review Cherbtoo! Am downloading now will edit for review later but I am hoping it is like Timebuilders Pyramid Rising..... Later

Lean

Weeelllllll, it is not like my favorites, Roads to Roam, Royal Envoy or the above mentioned, but it's not that bad. The biggest drawback for me was the click, click clicking you had to do on the stupid birds in the begining to get your food supply to 3 (takes 9 clicks) so you could repair your farm/garden. By the time I got to the level everyone was stuck on (level 6 or 7) and figured out you had to do certain things (see How do you unlock the sawmill on level 6? - thread for the spoiler I posted there!) I was feeling like I had carple? tunnel syndrome my wrist was killing me! It really was an ok game but with all the TM games out recently I am ready for some good old adventure games like ND - which I am going back to tomorrow. Happy gaming to all you fishies who lliked & were healthy enough LOL to play - Tomorrow is another day

Lean

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 8:28:03 PM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Mar 16, 11 6:34 PM
Decent game that is reminiscent of Royal Envoy style of play - except that this one takes place on an island and doesn't have the finesse to truly compete with that title.

The first thing you will notice when playing is that there really is no tutorial. This is unfortunate because I suspect people who would like this game might give up on it before truly giving it a chance. If you stick with it and try to experiment for about 5 minutes, you'll eventually start to catch on and by the 3rd level or so, you'll pretty much know what you're doing.

There are ostrich style birds that go by that you must whack and they produce food. Once you have enough food, you can send a worker to a building. You must acquire enough food to repair the building and then you can set to work operating it. You are given goals to fulfill each level and there are 3 star levels you can be awarded, bronze, silver or gold. The game itself features casual or expert level. You are timed in the sense that it will tell you how long you took at the end of the level; however, I did not notice any timer counting down against you. It appears it just keeps track so you can try to beat your own time.

This is a decently entertaining game. Would definitely have benefited from a tutorial but is still worth demoing and giving it a shot.

[Post New]by dactulwench1 on Mar 16, 11 7:53 PM
This game was pretty awful. It's just one of those fillers in between the really good TM games like MKFTP ad Royal Envoy. The graphics are so-so, but the plot and game play are extremely boring. The screen shots make it appear to be similar to TImebuilders (which is a great TM game that was just released a few weeks ago), but it isn't....

Also, there is no tutorial so people that aren't used to playing TM games may have a hard time figuring out just what they're supposed to do. I definitely WILL NOT be purchasing this game.

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Mar 16, 11 10:41 PM
I thought this was the complete opposite of "Royal Envoy".
It had poor, cheesy graphics and sound. Cheap production values.
Endless clicking on turkeys. Boring, with non-existent game-play.
Completely dreadful. Just what I've come to expect from Alawar.

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 10:45:41 PM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Mar 17, 11 9:51 AM
I played the original Aztec Tribe several times and it is definitely one of my very favourite games. For those that don't like clicking on the turkeys you can collect apples etc for the food instead from the buildings, and in the original there is a hunter to get them for you later in game.

I've only played 11 mins of this one and just know I will buy it. Thanks BFG.

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Mar 17, 11 10:13 AM
I have mixed reviews about this game. At first, I was frustrated because there wasn't much of a tutorial to speak of, so there was a lot of just figuring it out for myself, which wasn't too bad...I consider myself a pretty smart fishie.

Then, I started to enjoy myself. I'm playing in casual mode, so there's no timer, but I still had that sense of urgency to get everything completed.

Now, I'm on level 16 and I had to stop playing. My frustration level went through the roof and I was no longer enjoying it. You barely are able to get enough resources to fix a building, when three others break. WAY too irritating for me now.

This game isn't very much like Royal Envoy at all, which I truly loved.

I may go back and try to play this one again, but definitely not today.

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Mar 17, 11 10:22 PM
This is one of the most frustrating games I've played. I have spent the last three hours killing turkeys, putting out fires, repairing buildings, killing turkeys, waiting for precious resources, killing turkeys, and killing turkeys. The tutorial is scant at best. No wonder there's no walkthrough to be found anywhere since no strategy is necessary. You just click and chase your tail, so to speak. Very disappointing since I enjoyed the first game. A regrettable purchase at best.

tikibird1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tikibird1 on Mar 19, 11 3:16 PM
SPOILER ALERT!
I have played may TM games, but this one makes me feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. I'm at Level 9 and cannot complete because the buildings constantly break down and I never can keep enough resources to complete the town. I have tried several different ways to play using just 2 men in the beginning until I got enough food to build a sawmill. I kept having to remove a man from either the food resource or the sawmill so I could build the chief's hut, then I had no manpower to go anywhere else. I have enough resources to build the town huts, but they won't unlock. It's all very frustrating. Sure wish the first 3 levels weren't so easy, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money. Tikibird1

tikibird1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tikibird1 on Mar 19, 11 3:16 PM
SPOILER ALERT!
I have played may TM games, but this one makes me feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. I'm at Level 9 and cannot complete because the buildings constantly break down and I never can keep enough resources to complete the town. I have tried several different ways to play using just 2 men in the beginning until I got enough food to build a sawmill. I kept having to remove a man from either the food resource or the sawmill so I could build the chief's hut, then I had no manpower to go anywhere else. I have enough resources to build the town huts, but they won't unlock. It's all very frustrating. Sure wish the first 3 levels weren't so easy, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my money. Tikibird1

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Mar 19, 11 5:29 PM
Some fishies like this game, so I keep trying. Nope. Just not worth the hassle. Cannot see the fun in things that break constantly, difficulty in determining what you need to accomplish goals and repair, not to mention the ridiculous accidental destruction of your accomplishments when trying to collect production. Love strategy games. This is not it for me.

Go to: