jenilyn99
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Where's the map the walkthrough tells me to look for in order to find the north wind?

[Post New]by jenilyn99 on Mar 16, 11 12:04 PM
I'm totally frustrated. I've already played deep into the game about three times and have restarted because I either found myself in a place where it just got impossible to go on with what I had or I found out I had missed something and wanted it all. I have finally gone to the walkthrough- actually I had done this the second time after almost being at the end-and even though I had found the north wind and captured it in one of my previous games, I simply can't seem to get to it now and the walthrough says refer to the map and now I can't find the map- or at the very least, I don't recognize it as the map I need. I've already tried the cntrl f search and that doesn't help. Where is the north wind or the map or whatever? I hate being here since getting through white pass is already so time consuming and I'm at the point where I keep having to fight the same bad guys over and over and I just know I'm doing something really wrong! I can get to the cave where I can see the tower the north wind is on, but that's it.
By now, I've saved and resaved and no longer have that particular save on my computer, can't remember how I got to the screen that showed the tower, and don't know how to get there. And I suspect, that I simply didn't see what I had to do once I actually got to THAT screen!!....sigh.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Where's the map the walkthrough tells me to look for in order to find the north wind?

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 16, 11 1:55 PM
I'm not sure about the map you're looking for, but the north wind is in the ice cavern at the end of the white pass.

Enter the white pass from the Candar side and walk west. At the first junction go straight south. At the next junction go west again. Follow the footsteps around the lake and to the north to the ice cavern.

Inside the ice cavern you should be able to see the north wind. When you can see it, go east and down the steps and then turn instantly north. Keep going north until you can exit. In the next room go west and exit. You should then be at the north wind.

Make sure you have the empty jar with you, which you should have received from the warthog/prince in Happily Ever After when you found him a wife.

jenilyn99
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Where's the map the walkthrough tells me to look for in order to find the north wind?

[Post New]by jenilyn99 on Mar 17, 11 2:27 AM
Thank you sooo much for responding! I just got your message and I printed it out to refer to it but haven't done it yet, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated you getting back to me!! I've spent the last three days going nuts and knowing I was missing something but unable to move on. Now I at least I have hope!! lol
I will do what you told me and get back to you with probably many thanks for your help!!
Fortunately I do have a world map save right before I go into White pass and will start there and follow your directions, I just dread the whole beating the bad guys routine again since I've already done that about a million times!! But I have the max on the blizzard scrolls so...wish me luck!!
And thanks again!! I'll let you know how it goes.

jenilyn99
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jenilyn99 on Mar 17, 11 2:29 AM
And yes, I have the jar!!!

jenilyn99
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jenilyn99 on Mar 17, 11 2:45 AM
It worked, I now have the north wind- thank you so much for your help!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 17, 11 2:35 PM
Yay! Well done! Glad I could help

Go to: