Kowgirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Can't get the sawmill to release on level 6

[Post New]by Kowgirl on Mar 16, 11 3:07 PM
Not a big TM fan, gave this one a try and cannot figure out why on level six I cannot get the sawmill. I have so much food I was awarded some best farmer award or some such, the icon says only 10 food needed, yet the padlock on the sawmill will not release. My next goal is to build a wood house, kinda hard without the sawmill.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Can't get the sawmill to release on level 6

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 16, 11 3:39 PM
That is the next level for me to play and, having just had a quick look, it looks like you will need to demolish one of the gardens so you have a place to build the sawmill.

Fins crossed that is the solution to your problem.

Cherb

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Mar 16, 11 5:02 PM
I don't think you can build a sawmill on this level. You have to trade for the wood.

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Mar 16, 11 6:06 PM
OK, level 6 you destroy a farm then you can build a sawmill. But on the next level you don't have the option for a sawmill, only a well. It's the desert, there aren't any trees anyway! HOW DO I TRADE for wood???

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 16, 11 8:14 PM
SPOILER ALERT:

Once you have established your Chiefs house you go back to that and get a trader. My problem is that I had a trader and told him I wanted to trade food for wood and hit accept but the game wouldn't do anything for me. Not sure if it was a glitch or if it was because it was the end of my trial.....

I have loved some of the TM games in the past Road to Roam, Royal Envoy, ETC But this one was a no buy for me. HATED having to click the 3 times to kill the turkeys in the begining and the stupid "big birds" in the desert took 4 clicks - got Carple? Tunnel pain in my free hour demo. Happy gaming to all you fishies who are healthy enough LOL to play!

Lean

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Mar 17, 11 7:22 AM
Personally, I love this game, and it is a nice upgrade from the first.

One of the points I like the most about it is the fact that the game doesn't hold your hand as much as other games. Yes, it took me a while to figure out to destroy in order to build, and the trader bit in level 7 threw me for a bit, but it wasn't all that hard to figure out given a bit of time and thought...I think the trouble some players might be having is with their need to be handed a solution rather than reason it out for themselves. I know from reading a lot of the forums that people clamour for a walkthrough in order to complete a demo - and while some games are stupid-hard without a walkthrough even for the demo, I've seen this for games that are straight-forward H0Gs with items sitting in plain view.

It boils down to people needing to put more thought into their playing. I for one applaud this game for making me have to do just that, and as a result this will be a firm purchase for me.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Mar 17, 11 8:49 AM
Leanda1 wrote:SPOILER ALERT:

Once you have established your Chiefs house you go back to that and get a trader. My problem is that I had a trader and told him I wanted to trade food for wood and hit accept but the game wouldn't do anything for me. Not sure if it was a glitch or if it was because it was the end of my trial.....

Lean

To trade, get a trader to come to you. Click on him and select the trade icon. When the display of items to trade comes up, you need to say how much you want to trade, as well as what you want to trade. The items you're trading show up in a scale. Below that scale, there's a slider with arrows at either end. Adjust the slider, either by dragging the 'dot' or by clicking the arrows. The quantities to be traded will show in boxes at either side. When the quantities are right, click Accept. You can then choose to trade different items. When you have finished trading, click Cancel.

Hope this helps.

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Can't get the sawmill to release on level 8

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Jul 22, 11 1:10 PM
I have opened a space for a sawmill, but it appears you can not build one. without wood I can not build the chief's house and USE a trader. ... Any ideas? This is just frustrating me. I've been moving along fine, had a lil trouble in the 6th and 7th level, but was able to complete them! I am not looking for a ** HAND MY ALL THE ANSWERS.. but the walk throughs help in the spots I need ACTUAL help in... Please send some kind of response to help me. Thanks. C.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jul 24, 11 10:09 AM
Not sure what level you are one so I'm just guessing but on some levels you are given "starter amounts" of resources. You always use those to build the chiefs house first. Then you can get a trader.

Hope that helps but we can only answer when we know the answer if you see what I mean.

Go to: