bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 17, 11 10:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by gillybeanz01 on Mar 20, 11 3:55 PM
I've uninstalled and re-installed about 4 times over the last two days and yet my game still crashes at the end of the 3rd chapter, help please!

Re:Post any The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by MayPoleLeave on May 30, 11 8:04 PM
At the end of chapter 1 the shelf puzzle was stuck despite having the right combination and the character saying it was right yet handle not turn and open. judging by the walkthru it looks likes maybe u put in the handle after so I had to skip and take a 20 minute penalty.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jun 11, 11 7:44 PM
There is an actual broken part of the game. In Chapter Four, it is possible to use the handle and the rope to access the locked compartment without having the BROOCH from the hat in your inventory. Since you are then unable to leave this room without solving the puzzle of opening the jar and opening the mask safe to get the key without this item, it makes the game unplayable from that point, and one must start over again from the beginning of the game.

Quite irritating as this is way past where I got to with the demo, and have played the game this far only to find that it was a waste of time.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 15, 11 9:07 AM
Hello everyone,

A new build is now available and fixes the following issues:

1. Issue where a player is locked out of the Painting of Venice **** scene in Chapter 6 if the scene is exited before collecting any items. Players experiencing this issue will need to start a new profile to see the fix.

2. Issue where players were only able to use the Rust Remover on 2 of 3 rusty bolts on a lamp in Chapter 6. Occurred if the user used the Rust Remover once, then navigated to other scenes before completing the vignette. Players experiencing this issue will need to start a new profile to see the fix.

Please uninstall and reinstall your game in order to install this new build. If you continue to have issues after reinstalling this version, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

dannsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by dannsh on Jul 23, 11 6:12 PM
MayPoleLeave wrote:At the end of chapter 1 the shelf puzzle was stuck despite having the right combination and the character saying it was right yet handle not turn and open. judging by the walkthru it looks likes maybe u put in the handle after so I had to skip and take a 20 minute penalty.

I am having the same problem. Since I don't care about time I am just going to skip this puzzle. When this happens in a game I consider the game incomplete unless the game is fixed. (Mac Version).

Any solution to Chapter 3 problem?

[Post New]by YlaaCinceria on Aug 29, 11 9:05 AM
After collecting the key I get the following error message:
Runtime Error

Program:...\The Serpent of Isis
2\SOI2_WIN_PORTAL_PARTNER_v1.09.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have Windows Vista running on that computer.

[Post New]by tvnftpierce on Nov 14, 11 1:47 PM
The game crashes when going through the opening credits. I tried about 5 times, used my MacKeeper, cleaned, and it played fine the next two times. Then it started happening again. Very Very frustrating. Only bought it 4 days ago.

dalelsu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dalelsu on Feb 28, 12 1:59 PM
Using Mac Version. Everything worked fine until Chapter 6 Venice. One HOS caused 6 crashes in a row only when clicking on the last item to be found.

Although each time I tried it, different items were selected, the last item would crash and force me to relaunch the game. I tried it one last time and decided to use a hint on the last item instead of clicking on one and it crashed when I pressed HINT.

Any help will be appreciated. It's a great game. I just purchased it this week.

larrywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by larrywho on May 29, 12 1:24 PM
Ok, I had to stop in Chapter 1. I restarted the program and now I am back in New york at the beginning. If the game cannot save my progress it should tell me. Now I have wasted 2 hours and have to start all over again. What is with this software company. They do not seem to test their software very well or on many platforms. I am using windows6 64-bit version. Do you have any Ideas why the game will not save my updated profile?

[Post New]by guidococobella on Mar 26, 13 7:38 AM
Could not get the shovel to reveal the T key at grandfather's house in Paris. Kept getting response 'no, that won't work at this time". I have played all the HO scenes and got to the bookcase puzzle that needs the T key, but the shovel will not work when hovered over the planter filled with dirt on the side of the house. Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by bookrox on Mar 30, 13 8:32 PM
can't get into the tunnel in the church when I go back to the book store the clerk isn't there and I am stuck can't go any further???

[Post New]by meanam on Apr 2, 13 6:51 PM
On the iPad, on chapter 7 at the very end, pushing the correct stones to open the doors, nothing happens. No skip button. Would like to finish the game!

[Post New]by BelleLJ1 on Apr 10, 13 7:51 PM
Hello,

I'm playing the ipad version. The game has crashed in chapter 6 during a hidden object scene three times in a row. It permits me to find all the items, but when you tap on the very last item, the game stops, kicks you out, and suddenly you are staring at your ipad home screen.

You can go back in to the Isis icon and begin the HO scene again, but the same thing happens, always when you try to get that last time on your list.

What should I do? I've come so far!

Thank you.

[Post New]by Alexab79 on Apr 23, 13 4:47 PM
Hi,

I've been really enjoying the game but think I've encountered a glitch towards the end. According the walkthrough I should be starting chapter 7 with three capsules in my inventory but only had two to start. Without the third (the red capsule) I can't move on with the game to finish it.

I'm playing the iPad version. Is this a glitch and what do I do about it?

Thanks.

trishny
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by trishny on May 2, 13 4:03 PM
I finished chapter 3 yesterday but now tonight I went to play and the game flipped to another page saying "play now the game is yours" but it won't let me play, I had no problem last night playing

[Post New]by kkshow on Jun 7, 13 12:14 PM
I've been trying to upgrade from the trial version to the full version on my Vizio tablet. Each time it tells me my android market needs to be upgraded. Google Play is now the android market and is showing that it is up to date. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game several times but have had no luck. Any suggestions on getting it to connect to a full version?

[Post New]by alisonc352 on Nov 13, 13 9:17 PM
Hi, just started the full version and can't get the magnifying glass to activate. The gears aren't showing either.

Any way i can fix this?

Thanks!

Go to: