chapter 5 last board #21

[Post New]by crackles63 on Mar 17, 11 5:27 PM
Is it even possible to get past this bard and into chapter 6?????I've been fighting with it for a week now and not having much luck.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:chapter 5 last board #21

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 17, 11 7:12 PM
Welcome to the pond, crackles63

I pulled that board up, and have a few suggestions:

--Try to match out the jewels next to the enemy jewels right away if possible so they don't eat up a match.

--With all the holes in the board, it's best to work from the bottom up and concentrate on strategically dragging jewels into empty spaces to set up matches in the bottom 5 rows. The enemy jewels can help you with this because they work like a roadblock and help keep spaces on the board open while they go up.

--Try to watch for the hero jewels coming in at the top while you are working on the bottom rows, because you want to get 2 specials.

--Use verticals to fill in the columns that are 2 spaces across.

--Don't get psyched out by the warning ticking noise the game makes when the enemies get more than halfway up. They move pretty slowly so if you work fast and you got 2 specials you should be able to finish the board if you wait as long as possible to send the enemies back down. Hope that helps.

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 7:14:36 PM PST

[Post New]by crackles63 on Mar 18, 11 4:39 PM
Thank- you for the tips! I will keep these in mind as I play the board, and hope I finally get through it. Any other help is always welcome. Thanks again.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 18, 11 5:16 PM
You're most welcome, and good luck on that board.

[Post New]by b_m_j_h on Apr 4, 11 9:32 PM
Hi,

I have been working on this board for two weeks (rrrrr) and I am beginning to think it isn't going to work. I have played JQ for a couple of years now and have never come across a more difficult board. I will try your suggestions but.....

[Post New]by b_m_j_h on Apr 4, 11 9:35 PM
P.S. send the enemies back down???

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 5, 11 4:57 PM
Welcome to the pond, b_m j h

"Sending the enemies back down" refers to using a special on the enemy jewels. Apologies in advance if you know the basic evasion board strategy, but just in case you didn't know about this... On the boards that have those guys that eat their way upwards (the enemy jewels) trying to make you lose, you can control them by matching 3 of the special silver tokens that show up every so often that have the stick figure image on them (the hero jewels). When you match 3 of these you get a "special" move added to the box on the lower left corner of the game screen. If an enemy jewel is getting too high up on the board for your liking and you have at least one special move, click on the Special box and then click on the enemy jewel and that makes the enemy jewel go all the way back down to the bottom of the board. There *is* however, one board with 4 enemies on it and I found that you pretty much just have to haul fishie tail to win it because you can't control that many enemies over a long period of time. Good luck, and hope that helps.

P.S.--Saw your post on another thread about untimed mode...there is an untimed mode in this game. See the threads on page 2 of this forum, it's there somewhere.

Go to: