onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Sequel?

[Post New]by onemeg on Dec 13, 08 6:40 PM
Does anyone know if they are making a sequel to this game?

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Re:Sequel?

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 2, 09 5:42 PM
Hope so, but know nothing! I would think it would be a fairly easy game to create, given the availability of music and the thin story line. That didn't bother me in the least. i just enjoyed all the music and the puzzles!

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Jan 14, 09 8:52 AM
Me too, really loved this one Sure hope they make a sequel!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 14, 09 10:47 AM
I didnt like this one at first, but it grew on me. I purchased it! While short, I really enjoyed it. Hope we see a sequel too.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jan 14, 09 1:57 PM
I found this game very enjoyable and wouldn't mind a sequel. Had a good laugh trying to play tunes.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 14, 09 2:14 PM
I'd love a sequel as well, particularly if they did a better job on the HO part (so that there's more than just the pieces of paper to search for, or so that the pieces of paper are in different locations when you play a second time, or something - just so that the game isn't exactly the same the second time through).

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by flipper70 on Jan 15, 09 8:52 PM
This game was a lot of fun, and a different twist on the Hidden Object games I like to play!! I enjoyed it a lot, and would like very much to see a sequel to it come out!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Feb 28, 09 8:33 PM
I would just like to ditto what everyone else has said. This is a great game, even tho' I'm not really musically inclined. And as prpldva said, I didn't like it at first, either. I sure hope they come out with a sequel that has more hidden object flair to it and a bit longer, also.

Re:Sequel? I hope so !

[Post New]by wisconsinite on Mar 10, 09 3:46 PM
I lookd at the credits and checked the team who wrote Musaic but they don't seem to have anything similar in the works. My favorite game, bought it for myself and another for my daughter; her son also likes it, espcially the music. Thought the musical quality was pretty amazing for a game. I'd buy another one just like it.

teebo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by teebo on Apr 24, 09 7:14 PM
I loved playing this game! I usually turn the music off because it gets really annoying. But even though it was exactly the same the second time, I played it just to hear the music. I really do hope they deveolpe a sequel

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 27, 09 12:55 PM
I haven't tried creating my own song puzzles yet, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a site to share each other's new creations. That would at least extend the puzzle part of the game, which is the part I really love. I know other games have done this. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by tigress_kitten on Aug 1, 09 7:18 AM
Put me down in the PLEASE column for a sequel - this is one of the greatest games, very satisfying to play and challenging without being frustrating. Appeals to the musician in me, as well as the gamer/puzzler. I'm about to replay it as we speak.

Let's see a sequel soon!

Edited on 08/01/2009 at 7:19:03 AM PST

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Jun 30, 11 5:18 PM
I, too, would welcome a sequel. Here are a couple of suggestions for it:
Yes: Keep the beautiful tunes and arrangements. It is very easy to find the ending of songs simply by listening for the final notes as played by each instrument. The songs without samples are fun. They could be put on more difficult levels maybe. I really enjoyed the mix of classical, pop, up tempo, etc. Hints for the music arrangements were invaluable for the rhythm instruments, where it was difficult to tell exactly where you were going wrong. Darkened tiles for the wrong placings are just right.
Consider: No need for a story line really. The information on the old instruments stood on its own. Since there are no hints available for the rooms, perhaps a tiny hint in the overhead graphic might say something like, "Turn on the light in the showcase", or "Find the handle and paper for the printing press."
The Creativity section either could be left out or explained better. It really didn't do anything for me.
PLEASE: This is a clever and innovative game. I love it. To make it worth the price, however, it should have more songs, and possibly levels of difficulty, or at least levels of song length to make them a little more difficult to solve. But in any case, please do make a sequel. I will buy it without even playing the demo!
Thank you very kindly. I hope to see Musaic Box 2 in the future!

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jul 1, 11 7:26 AM
I would love a sequel as this cleaver game deserves another go.

I had to consult the walkthrough for two outlines but other than that was able to work through the game without issues. The music is very enjoyable and familiar so not too difficult to put together.

The color matching along with an understanding of the melody helped solve each puzzle.

Overall I found the game intriguing and would love to see another.

Go to: