[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 18, 11 12:04 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em, fishies...

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:It's all about masks - DD for 18March2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Legabriel on Mar 18, 11 12:22 AM
Don't know about the game yet, but gosh it was hard finding this forum. It isn't on the list from what I saw.

LOL Was looking in the wrong place.

Have fun. Going to check it out.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 12:26:22 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 18, 11 3:29 AM
I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 18, 11 4:19 AM
snapnhiss wrote:I wonder if Detective Cunning is a linguist.

^5 snaphiss.... too funny...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 18, 11 5:04 AM

omg lolol

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 18, 11 5:57 AM
Snaphiss, LOL, too too funny!!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Mar 18, 11 6:38 AM
~snicker~

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 18, 11 8:49 AM

Just sick!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 18, 11 10:13 AM

LMAO!!!!

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Mar 18, 11 10:24 AM
Now back to our regular programming.

i don't know what this is about, but i don't really care. It's so quaint that they care so little for the american audience that they use antiquated words like clew to describe yarn, a paper weight for an ink blotter and so forth. In a good game, i find this kind of thing fun and enlightening. Here, i'm just bored. No buy for me.

One think i did like was the embroidery puzzle, but i doubt the men will enjoy it.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 10:26:15 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 18, 11 11:44 AM
Not even for 2.99

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 18, 11 11:46 AM
I was going to recommend this as a DD, but then it went and ticked me off. You are shown a pitcher of beer and two steins and told to pour out "two equal portions of beer." So I worked it out to serve three portions each into the two steins. WELL - it turns out it wanted four portions in the right stein and four portions in the pitcher instead, leaving the left stein empty. Grrrr. Technically I did what it asked, so it ticks me off that it wasn't "right."

If you can get past that (and the odd nomenclature for certain objects, and that some objects are nearly impossible to find without a hint), it's not a bad little HOG. You do collect inventory and there are occasional puzzles, but you are told what to do with the stuff you find, so there's not a lot of thinking involved. The graphics are very nice, though, and I liked the music and atmospheric sounds. I am also a bit afraid that there won't be much left to the game past what I've played already, since I've searched every room and talked to every passenger. MAYBE if there's a considerable length left to play, I'll invest the three bucks.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 11:46:55 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 18, 11 2:40 PM
I bought it and have been playing for hours, and I'm still not clear thru it . It's a light HOG. The music's decent, and the scenes are interesting and posh - like the stuff world travelers collect, in many scenes. The story is only about half intelligible as far as I'm concerned. Mostly takes place in Venice in the very late 1800's, if I recall that right... So far it seems mainly to give you an excuse to look thru everyone's quarters lol. At this point it's getting more mysterious and interesting though.

The mini games vary nicely. Half the challenge is figuring out what you need to do really, but they are skip-able (- click the solve button, even if it's not lit up - it doesn't stay lit when it's ready to use it seemed). I did have some tech problems with the catch up with the man mini game, and didn't think I could skip it cuz the solve button wasn't lit up - so that's why I mentioned that. I went back to the main menu instead and then clicked to play again, and inched my way thru that mini game even with the tech issues.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 18, 11 6:03 PM
I am in the mood this evening for an eye-pleasing and easy-to-do straight HOG, so I tried the demo despite all the negative reviews, and ended up buying the game after 15 minutes. I have been playing for the past two hours, and I am almost done. As Gimmegames posted, this pleasing game is set in the 1800's in Venice (I want to go to Venice! I am hoping that DH and I will get to take a vacation there some day, please! please! please!) I like the music and LOVE the graphics in this game. The opening screen features Venice in the background, with a gondola swaying back and forth in the foreground. The story line moves from London to a yacht sailing to Venice, and you get to search everyone's cabin. What I loved was that several rooms had portholes, and the horizon through the porthole moved up and down, so I felt like I was actually back on a cruise ship. I also loved the ladies' cabins, such pretty things to search through. Another scene later in the game is a moonlight scene, all in shades of grey and blue, but as the moonlight drifts by the stairs, the area lightens. That was so beautiful I stopped looking for "23 keys, a hat, a bat, 2 of this and 3 of that....." to just enjoy the view. Yes, the game has some flaws (some HOG scenes have dark corners, some HOG items are small and hard-to-find, there are some language issues) but for $2.99 as a DD, this is a lovely little gem.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 18, 11 6:05 PM
I was just on the ERS site and they are coming out with a new game set in Venice! Yeah!!!!

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Mar 18, 11 6:13 PM
Actually this isn't a bad little game for $2.99, if you like straight HOGS. This is based on the demo hour. I thought searching the different rooms on the ship was fun and even though I did have to use the hint button for a couple of hard-to-see objects, most of them were of decent size and scale and appropriate for the time period (no computer mouse, cellphones, etc) I liked the fact that each room had either a dog, cat or parrot in the scene. So I decided to purchase the game and it adds another punch to the punchcard for a very reasonable price.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 18, 11 6:24 PM
I purchased this when it first came out and still enjoy it. Some of the objects are rather small to find, but everything else about the game is nice. The storyline is good and the background music is beautiful. It is a pretty long game as well. Definitely worth the $2.99 price.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Mar 8, 12 4:23 AM

clever.....very clever

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Mar 8, 12 6:13 AM

Are you?

Go to: