bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 18, 11 8:25 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of FBI: Paranormal Case? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 8:47:05 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 18, 11 10:00 PM
I played the demo and immediately had the feeling I had played this game before, but I soon discovered I had not, just the workings of the game I was familiar with. This is from the same developer as Public Enemies: Bonnie and Clyde. It is a pretty straight HOG and mini-games, with a bit of story thrown in to link the HOGs loosely together. It has really weird controls for mini-games, but it doesn't take to terribly long to get used to them. The items in the HOGs can be ridiculously small, but it does include a magnifying glass, which helps...some. I got to case #9 during the demo, but have no idea how many there are. I can't comment on the music as I played with the sound muted the whole time.

This was just not my cup of tea. It will be a "no buy" for me and judging by the number of other reviews, I suspect not many (any?) others are buying either.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Mar 19, 11 5:08 AM
FBI: Paranormal Case
HdO BFG rd 18Mar2011

Small objects, lacklustre graphics, dull mini-games, not a gripping story although a solitary post I found on the web suggests it may develop. Hope FBI agents don't actually spend as much time as this man tidying/decorating their offices.

Adv interaction with objects odd: select target first, then click inventory item.

My View: dull as ditchwater, but don't let that put you off!!!

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Mar 22, 11 12:20 AM
Two HdO games released today - I guess BFG is cleaning out their attic HdO = HdNO buy

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Mar 22, 11 12:39 AM
don't like the HdO games either. And when it takes some time before I find out how to start a game, I'm not that interested in that game anymore.

Yvonne

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Mar 22, 11 12:40 AM
Looking on the bright side ... I've only wasted 10 minutes on 2 games and can concentrate on replaying some older good games ... and I've saved the price of 2 games ... that'll buy me a couple of drinks tonight.

One question ... why on earth do they think that making me feel seasick before I start playing will improve the game?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 22, 11 12:48 AM
Hi there Staril,
Yes the wavey motion of even the Home Screen takes a bit of getting used to with their games.
I don't suffer from sea-sickness, but ....
Cheers.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 22, 11 1:01 AM
I know this isn't fair to this game, but just the mention of Bonnie and Clyde gave me a sign of relief I've saved $6.99 2 nights in a row. Hey, that's enough to buy the CE I've got on hold. Anyone remember the small objects and that map of Texas counties on a small screen??? Run away - Run away -

OK, I'll keep reading other comments and maybe overcome my prejudice of this dev team and give it a shot later now that you mention mag glass. Meantime, think I'll run through MCF Prime Suspects again and remember what hog fun used to be like. Even with timers, lots of replay in that one doing repeat scenes LOL but I could see objects.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Mar 22, 11 1:14 AM
The only music I heard during the demo was some annoying floating-ghost-twilight sort of sound-clip. Muting is the only sensible action.

Furthermore a straight HOG with a magnifying glass to help you find the sometimes very small or distant items. Minigames are too dull too speak off. One time you had to find pairs in a screen full of the same kind of objects, the next time you had to click on certain things appearing and disappearing but the speed at which things were changing could have been convenient tor a 100 year old fishie.

This HOG is too boring. Wouldn't play it for free.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 1:15:58 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 22, 11 1:34 AM
puzzledone wrote:Anyone remember the small objects and that map of Texas counties on a small screen??? Run away - Run away -

Hi there,
Yes...I definately do...I had to find it an interesting challenge as I purchased the game.
But I have decided to exit stage left (or right...whichever is the closest) regarding further offerings from this developer!!!
Cheers.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 1:35:40 AM PST

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 22, 11 2:46 AM
I want to thank Big Fish for the 2 boring games today
I had a root canal 2 days ago and now I have strep throat.
How did they know I would be to sick to play any challenging games today?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 22, 11 2:47 AM
The objects are very difficult to find. Not just to small, but very indefinable. I got into it the more I played. The magnifying glass is a must have. I'm not a big fan, but I would get it for DD or catch of the week. I'd say give it a try.

I'd rate this: PORK BELLY

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

‘ ‘
(o)

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 22, 11 3:16 AM
On the plus side technically this game worked fine! Otherwise it is sorta ****-hum and a little blah ! I did get curious about where the story might be going so if it is ever a DD or C of the W I will buy. But not today and not at full price. Happy Gaming all! .

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 22, 11 3:27 AM
Well, three HdO games from Anuman in two days. This must be a record.

When I discovered Anuman HdO games I discovered a developer that ranks right down there with Nevosoft. Their games are filled with pop up figures that overlay the screen, teeny tiny objects, blurry graphics, odd semi-360 screen motion that usually reveals nothing, fractured dialogue and chaotic story line (if any).

For me their games are just mediocre and boring and they appear to have had little thought or time invested in the product. Perhaps if the developer stopped churning these out so quickly they might take a good look at their product. Other players comments about these games leads me to suspect it is not just me and that expects more from a game.

On the other hand, fishies surely you would not take the reviewers word as gospel, the trial is free so give it a go, you may like it.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 22, 11 3:52 AM
yasure wrote:I want to thank Big Fish for the 2 boring games today
I had a root canal 2 days ago and now I have strep throat.
How did they know I would be to sick to play any challenging games today?
AW, Get well soon!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 22, 11 4:12 AM
Tiny objects, pseudo-Theramin music in the background, dull colors, blurry graphics and let's change the posters?? No, I don't think so. I gave it 6 minutes. That's all.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 22, 11 4:41 AM
This is a really ugly game. No buy for me too

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Mar 22, 11 5:25 AM
Wow, I would rather watch paint dry! I guess I've been spoiled by more challenging games. The graphics were poor and amateurish. I guess I really can't comment too much since I lasted 10 minutes. The eerie music didn't even match the game. The objects were not too difficult to find. The folder puzzle made my head explode. Oh well, this might be interesting to someone who hasn't played very **** games very long but I wouldn't even take it if it were offered to me free of charge.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 22, 11 6:36 AM
Well, this was one of the most frustrating games I've played in a long time. A lot of the items are either just too small or not very clear and for those who want to go for it, what they call a "torch" is actually a flashlight. Took me forever to figure that one out and then I thought what???

The timed method doesn't give you time to do squat so be prepared to remember where everything else the first couple of times because I never did get through the first room before I gave up out of sheer frustration. And just for the record, I always play the timed games, so it's not like I'm a beginner or anything.

Oh, yeah, and there was that moving sign in screen like another game we saw recently -- made me nauseous.

I might buy this one for $2.99 if it came around and I was bored, but not today.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Mar 22, 11 6:43 AM
Okay, I give up - what does HdO mean? After lurking for a year, I thought I had all the acronyms down pat. This one is a first for me.

Thanks to all you fishies for the great comments. They are always helpful.

Go to: