bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Shades of Death: Royal Blood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 19, 11 1:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

kamni
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Shades of Death: Royal Blood technical issues here only

[Post New]by kamni on Mar 19, 11 5:18 AM
I decided to try this game before buying it but when I downloaded the trial it said trial expired so I can't try it out. without purchasing it

clutchola
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by clutchola on Mar 19, 11 5:57 AM
I have had this same issue a couple of times (in the BigFish game console) and found that if I click on the desktop icon for the game I get my full hour; hope this works for you, kamni. Also, after you play, or any time, actually, but before you delete from console, you can delete the desktop icon and it does not remove the game.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Mar 19, 11 6:16 AM
Link to walkthrough is a blank page

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Mar 19, 11 7:02 AM
(new Win7x64) Computer goes black for a long time after clicking to play Demo. Eventually, the game started and everything worked well. Same issue seen when exiting game. Computer seemed to locked up with only a black screen for about a minute. Desktop was okay after that.

Update: Rebooted machine. Game starts fine now.

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 11:06:26 AM PST

Cheetah68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Cheetah68 on Mar 19, 11 7:29 AM
I can not play with this game. There is a black screen and jumping out from the game. The game running but nothing happens. WHAT CAN I DO?????
I have Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit and I have a 1440x900 monitor. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to try this game I want it very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheetah68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Cheetah68 on Mar 19, 11 8:02 AM
It is very interesting. After a long time the game has started at last and now it works properly. ???

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Mar 19, 11 11:08 AM
Cheetah68,
That's exactly what happened for me (see posting above). A reboot of the machine seems to have resolved it for me...for now.
-Jorie10

tacgof
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by tacgof on Mar 19, 11 4:12 PM
1/2 hour into demo it took 2 minutes twice trying to get to a different room... the screen said "loading" the whole time. Then, I went back to another room and my Vista computer froze with the "loading" screen again. I had to reboot and I will not be able to buy this game (i liked it!) unless they have a new release.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Mar 19, 11 7:52 PM
I purchased this game today. I have problem with the mausoleum doors. I cannot get the dials to work. They will not turn. All I get is a quote something like "Wonder what numbers go there". This is all i get and cannot enter the mausoleum. What a bummer. Another game with a glitch.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Mar 19, 11 8:41 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I purchased this game today. I have problem with the mausoleum doors. I cannot get the dials to work. They will not turn. All I get is a quote something like "Wonder what numbers go there". This is all i get and cannot enter the mausoleum. What a bummer. Another game with a glitch.

Oops! When I returned to the game I realized I had not used the UV flashlight yet. Finally entered the mausoleum. I have finished the game and enjoyed playing it.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Mar 20, 11 11:44 AM
Very nice game! But I do not understand the story and do not understand that it happens. This saddens me. Did not buy it.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 20, 11 4:41 PM
Played the whole hour demo, game worked fine, bought the game NOW it wont work. It keeps minimizing to the task bar?? Any solutions ANY ONE I so wanted to play this game!

Lean

P.S. Yes all my drivers are up to date!

[Post New]by pholliday03 on Mar 22, 11 4:11 PM
Help

I was liking it.Had no trouble with hidden objects. But when I got to the door where you had to burn the vines. Got that but when the game part came up I got a lot of jumping and could not see curser. If anyone has any Ideas as to why this happen let me know what I can do . This is not the first game that has done this.

love these games
pam

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 4:46:53 PM PST

jorjan23
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jorjan23 on Mar 23, 11 6:01 PM
Problem is that mine keeps starting over in different segments of the story. Every time I close it out and restart I end up back in a scene that I've already done before. I think that this one will be a no play for me. Sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by kirstein32 on Mar 24, 11 11:36 AM
I was loving the game until i came to the hot key. when i try to retrieve it with the tongs i get this item could be better used elsewhere or words to that effect. I also get this when i try to place the levers on the door in the cellar

Am I doing something wrong or is this a game issue? A friend is also having exactly the same problem

I have windows 7 64 bit,

edit, uninstalled and reinstalled and now I can't even play at all. It keeps minimizing to task bar every couple of seconds. nothing i do will let me play so can't see if reinstalling fixed it

edit, closing everything not needed fixed it and game now works as should including key and levers

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 1:17:07 PM PST

[Post New]by MissDoBeDo on Mar 26, 11 4:06 AM
When I exit the game and then go to play it a while later....my progress isn't being saved. I have looked at other posts under "losing" and they are having the same issue. Is there a fix for this?? Maybe sooner than later??

[Post New]by Amydave93 on Mar 26, 11 4:11 PM
I installed the game twice and each time i have the same problem the game loads, it ask me my name, I type it and hit enter and the game shuts off and goes to the game manager and ask me to play again. How can I fix this? Thank you!

[Post New]by chellseycapri on Apr 3, 11 6:38 PM
I am having the same problem as another user (kirstein32) who had poseted on Mar. 24th "I was loving the game until i came to the hot key. when i try to retrieve it with the tongs i get this item could be better used elsewhere or words to that effect. I also get this when i try to place the levers on the door in the cellar..."

CAN SOMEONE PLEEEAAASE HELP ME WITH THIS? I am enjoying the game and want to continue but can't!

Thanks in advance!

imbrat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by imbrat on Apr 5, 11 11:59 AM
I started playing the game, then I exited the game. When I came back to the game later,two puzzles , key puzzles to the game were not there. I played these games earlier, I had to restart the game, cause it lost my game.

Go to: