Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Women not being able to continue game

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Mar 19, 11 9:59 PM
This feature, where women are held captive in child-bearing throughout their lifetime is horrible!!!
Some man must have created this feature, and it is totally sexist! Young children are playing this game, and what are you teaching them?

I suggest your creators look up the facts of life, and realize we are in the 21st century!!!! My God, the kids in my family are playing this game!!!!

Re:Women not being able to continue game

[Post New]by lilydeer on Mar 20, 11 3:35 PM
They aren't exactly being held "captive"---they tear down the the bamboo quickly to make a food bin. In real life, children don't really work, either, and what a joy--to not have to WORK for the 240 minutes they carry that baby around. As far as that goes, what about the poor men---build nonstop, farm, research and heal PLUS constantly heading to the "Love Shack" to TRY to knock some girl up! In this fantasy world, everyone really does bust **** (or lazes by the fire) to make their little village work. This has been one of the most rewarding games I've ever played!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 20, 11 3:51 PM
Yup, I agree - in real life I'd be quite happy to get 2 years maternity leave!

[Post New]by werockett on Mar 20, 11 7:10 PM
Yeah, in real life...back when (or where currently) it is applicable...women had to WORK + CONSTANTLY have babies + ensure their children were 'working' for the family sustainence by like 8 yrs old.

It is a fantasy. And being able to laze around for the equivalent of two years is a luxury that real women never got.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Mar 24, 11 1:21 AM
If you have their preference set to parenting and there is enough room they will be constantly nursing a baby, but you can turn that preference off. So far the only sexist thing I have noticed is that the Heathen Chief is always a man, probably because there's a conversation with him in the story. Otherwise I don't find the game sexist. Either sex can be a master worker.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Apr 6, 11 7:41 AM
I agree with the first poster somewhat, it isn't just that she can't do anything else when nursing the baby, they can't even increase their experience at anything, not even parenting. Don't you think that 2 years of taking care of a child should be worth more than the one experience they had when they conceived the child? At least she should get a big boost in parenting experience for it. As it is, it seems that they get the same amount of skill that a man gets for it who gets to walk away and do it again. Also, I'm not sure about this one, but does the person who "does" the encounter get all the experience? I'm sure both of them contributed equally in that at least.

Anyway, are we saying that not only do they get "time off", they also apparently don't have time to increase their skills or knowledge in any area whatsoever, not even on a part-time basis, or or at a reduced rate of speed. I'm sure any mother would concede that they learn something about life in the time they raise a child (besides parenting per se).

The skills in this game are meant to simulate all areas of life, not just that of the work world, so something should be accomplished during this time.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Apr 9, 11 9:27 PM
Evidently the replies were from people who have not gotten very far in the game. I was refering to women who were made young again. When they get preggers, they stay that way until old age.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 9, 11 10:41 PM
That is actually a bug in the game and not part of the game design.

Go to: