October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

I am so angry about the timer

[Post New]by October7 on Mar 20, 11 1:40 AM
I cannot believe that after all the comments about timers that this has come out without the option of a relaxed mode. Most levels are achievable but some of the levels that has frozen tiles to break is impossible for me to get through in the time. The trouble with the frozen tiles you have to have three of the same ABOVE the tile and this is extremely difficult to do. I spend so much time trying to get them to match above the tile. The bombs are useless as they do not break the tiles. I am soooo disappointed that a game has come out yet again with no relax mode on it. Some of the levels you can buy extra time but not on all of them. I am not young but I feel I have the right to play games (to keep my mind active) as much as you younger ones. Please do not bring out any more games without a relaxed mode option for those that don't want a timer.

Re:I am so angry about the timer

[Post New]by grannyms on Mar 20, 11 1:05 PM
I agree about the timer, some of us who are 75 plus love the game, but we are not as fast as we were 20 years ago. I have tried so many time to get through the last segment and have decided that it is impossible to do.
Why can't there be a relaxed mode option?

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 1:07:22 PM PST

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Mar 21, 11 2:24 AM
Thank you Grannyms, I am on my last segment and I don't think I will get any further either. I have the one with the skeletons and although I saved some of the aides like the bomb and lightning I had to use them and now I don't have any aides left. Good luck with it if you continue. You are doing very well if your are 75 plus, I am 68 and I intend to keep playing. Cheers

[Post New]by crypticdragon on Apr 30, 11 4:06 AM
Unlike the first Cradle of Rome game, this one allows you to purchase more time with gold. It's easier to get through the higher levels, especially the ones with frozen tiles if you just keep buying more time.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on May 9, 11 12:54 PM
I agree about the dog-gone timer! They could have made 2 modes, timed and untimed. They simply chose not to offer the option, even though I bet they would have sold more games if they had listened to their customers.
I refused to buy when it came out because of the timer. Then I read all the posts about how it is a little easier because you can buy time. So gave in and bought it. But even after you buy more time, that stupid pulse is still thumping.
I ended up having to seriously lower sound levels to make the pulse beat tolerable. Then I miss out on the beautiful sounds in the game.
Done whining, gonna play. It is beautiful and fun but the timer .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 29, 11 12:23 PM
They certainly would have sold at least one more game to this person if there had been an untimed option. I love these Match-3 games, but can`t and won`t play any of the games unless they have an untimed mode.

And I know this game has the option to buy more time, but that`s still not the same as being able to play in a relaxed mode. *sigh*

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 12:24:54 PM PST

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Jun 28, 11 10:26 AM
I for one have had no problem with buying extra time; I just keep hitting the Buy button until I finish the level. So much easier than starting over and losing a life! The hardest part for me was getting 2 consecutive match 5's but I finally did it on level 76. I enjoy Cradle of Persia and play it often but still have not got all the people or fail to get the caliph-maybe one of these days I'll get everything. haven't finished cradle of rome 2 but looking forward to finishing and trying the other modes.
I did not buy cradle of rome because it just seemed lame after Persia. I also like a relaxed mode and usually choose that since I am an old fart too and just want to play for fun but buying extra time has been the answer for this game for me.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 30, 12 4:17 PM
I agree that developers would sell more Match 3 games if an untimed option was offered each time. I'm in this forum right now because I'm searching for a good quality, untimed, Match 3 game that I don't already have. They are not easy to find.

I enjoyed my Cradle of Egypt game, which does have an untimed mode... so, at least THIS developer decided to add that option when it was created. I also have a few other untimed Match 3 games. Just wish all the developers who create them would follow suit.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by ohshucks on Sep 8, 12 3:17 PM
so many folks havee the same complaint...I do too, I am 89...and not as fast as I used to be...so, why can't AWAR do something about it???
They cheat too, the items you think are suppose to come down, get changed...We bought the games, why are they doing this to us?
I go back to the cards when they offend me so much, but I do enjoy the themes about the games, & play til my arm gives out, about 4 levels...
Oh, one other thing, get to hit the last 3 items & the game quits...So Sorry...etc....

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 8, 12 6:33 PM
ohshucks wrote:so many folks havee the same complaint...I do too, I am 89...and not as fast as I used to be...so, why can't AWAR do something about it???
They cheat too, the items you think are suppose to come down, get changed...We bought the games, why are they doing this to us?
I go back to the cards when they offend me so much, but I do enjoy the themes about the games, & play til my arm gives out, about 4 levels...
Oh, one other thing, get to hit the last 3 items & the game quits...So Sorry...etc....

I can understand your frustration, but gamers come in all ages and skill levels, so it's different strokes for different folks. Match 3 games are often considered to be "mindless" but the Cradle series are an exception along with some others.

On this site, most games have a "Try It" option where you can play the game for free for an hour before you either have to buy it or delete it. If a game has an untimed option, you will get to pick it either from the main start menu or you will get the choice when you start a new game. Hope you find something you like to play more soon.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Feb 13, 13 5:19 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
I can understand your frustration, but gamers come in all ages and skill levels, so it's different strokes for different folks. Match 3 games are often considered to be "mindless" but the Cradle series are an exception along with some others.

On this site, most games have a "Try It" option where you can play the game for free for an hour before you either have to buy it or delete it. If a game has an untimed option, you will get to pick it either from the main start menu or you will get the choice when you start a new game. Hope you find something you like to play more soon.

Synthpop, I think the point is that an untimed mode would fulfill the "different strokes" option & satisfy everyone.

I came to the forum hoping that I missed the directions for turning the timer off. Sadly, I won't find it. Like others, I enjoy the themes of these games but this will be my last "Cradle".

Developers need to listen to the punters. Or there won't be any.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 13, 13 5:43 PM
Hi tredzwater, I get your point, but the other poster also mentioned that they bought the game, and I got the impression they didn't demo it first. Anyone has a right to comment to the devs that they would like an untimed option, and I explained about the demo option in case the other poster didn't know about that. With that said, if someone demoes a game and finds something that's a deal breaker and buys it anyway...well, let's just say I have to wonder.

It's been my experience that it's important to state your timer or no timer preference if you are looking for M3 game suggestions. A lot of M3s came out a few years ago and most of them were timed only in those days. Whenever I've seen threads asking about M3 game suggestions, the Cradle series comes up a lot because it is a well done series, but all of them are timed only, except for the most recent one, Cradle of Egypt.

Edited on 02/13/2013 at 5:59:31 PM PST

Pretty_gamer
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Pretty_gamer on Mar 11, 13 5:53 AM
I agree that timer adds some stress at higher levels. That's why after reading the comments I tried to save bonuses and use them only when I really need ed them. The result - all the trophies but one are mine By the way they added relaxed mode in Cradle Of Egypt. It's also match-3.

Go to: