bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 20, 11 10:27 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Post any Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 20, 11 10:44 AM
Where is the Black Flag when you need it??

This game is so buggy I almost called Terminix. The soundtrack cuts in and out, the cut scenes tend to stick, and after ten minutes of trying to get to the point of actually PLAYING the game, I got sick of it. And my machine's specs are well within the game's limits so there should not have been any problems.

I don't know if BigFish tests all of these games, or if they leave that to the developers, but whoever did the testing on this one must either have been sleeping or simply marked it "OK" without actually testing it; it's awful.

Oh well, at least the glitches didn't wait until after the Demo; that has happened to me before.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Mar 20, 11 11:01 AM
This game is not playable for me.As 2 others have said (on the closed posts),my mouse is jerky also.Too bad,as this sees like one I might have bought.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Mar 20, 11 11:17 AM
I have the same problem as the others with the mouse, but I stuck it out and got to the next part of the game and am in a hidden object scene, but it will not let me pick up the objects. I was considering buying this game, jerky mouse and all, but this is a game ender.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Mar 20, 11 11:46 AM
game says trial over before it even began!!!!!!

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on Mar 20, 11 12:48 PM
I lasted 2 mins due to the cursor having a mind of its own! I don't even know why I lasted that long ~ the cursor problem was there from the git-go!! Hopefully there will be a fix. Have a nice day ~ RAINY here in Santa Barbara ~ indoor day(s) for me - thank goodness for all my great games from BFG

[Post New]by barb1940texas on Mar 20, 11 1:17 PM
I reloaded and restarted several times. It is unplayable for me. I have a fast HP computer with a up-dated windows vista and I can't play this thing. This is the third one I have run into in the last year.. I only have problems on this site. I can play the same game on other sites and am just fine. Too bad, I will have to spend my money elsewhere.

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 1:18:32 PM PST

[Post New]by AWillowsBreeze on Mar 20, 11 5:20 PM

Am having problems with the beginning of the game I need to find the coin and all i get is a hand that picks ups the scissors and but it doesn't cut on anything. I have gone through the entire screen and can't find anything to cut?????

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 20, 11 6:45 PM
Froze, reloaded. Froze, deleted.

Byzzyone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Byzzyone on Mar 20, 11 8:35 PM
AWillowsBreeze wrote:
Am having problems with the beginning of the game I need to find the coin and all i get is a hand that picks ups the scissors and but it doesn't cut on anything. I have gone through the entire screen and can't find anything to cut?????

I have the same problem

[Post New]by Dbnp264 on Mar 20, 11 8:49 PM
won't let me rotate pieces, such as the glass shards. In Palermo, at Bella's shop, in teh hidden object scene, I can't pick up any of the listed items, but I can pick up others. The postcards won't let me stamp them, etc.

alikus2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alikus2000 on Mar 21, 11 1:18 AM
AWillowsBreeze wrote:

Hey - just cut the red rope with the weight hanging on it...near the window. It will fall down and break the piggy bank to give you a coin Enjoy!

alikus2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alikus2000 on Mar 21, 11 1:21 AM
Dbnp264 wrote:won't let me rotate pieces, such as the glass shards. In Palermo, at Bella's shop, in teh hidden object scene, I can't pick up any of the listed items, but I can pick up others. The postcards won't let me stamp them, etc.

Did you try to check the walkthrough? If you are in Palermo, you should have solved the glass shards with the right mouse click, so you are on the right way.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Mar 21, 11 5:00 AM
im having trouble on the liner i have to compare the two lists both came up but then one disappared so cannot do the puzzle help please

[Post New]by naskarwoman on Mar 21, 11 7:25 AM
No sound?!?! Mouse jerky and slow! Very disappointed...........

alikus2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by alikus2000 on Mar 21, 11 7:25 AM
tinyzac wrote:im having trouble on the liner i have to compare the two lists both came up but then one disappared so cannot do the puzzle help please

Try to exit the game and come back again: should work. and your progress will be saved, so no worries on that part.

[Post New]by southernbell59 on Mar 21, 11 12:15 PM
Tinyzac, I'm having the same problem. Stopped the game at that point but when I came back one of the lists is gone! I've exited and returned several times now and still have only 1 list. Looks like we may have to start over!

[Post New]by anastasia14 on Mar 21, 11 6:51 PM
I am at the pizza and am having trouble with the tomato sauce and trying to put the tomato, sausage and ham on the pizza. The mouse will not pick up these. If there is any way to get my money back I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I don't know if I can trust purchasing an other game.

[Post New]by anastasia14 on Mar 21, 11 6:51 PM
I am at the pizza and am having trouble with the tomato sauce and trying to put the tomato, sausage and ham on the pizza. The mouse will not pick up these. If there is any way to get my money back I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I don't know if I can trust purchasing an other game.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Mar 21, 11 8:40 PM
thanks alikus2000 uninstalled reinstalled twice no luck still only one list appears ;looks like a refund is looming also i had trouble with pizza you have to do the paste twice make sure you fill in allgaps then you do the other things hope this helps now for a solution for my problem anyone?

Go to: