ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Screen Display

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 21, 11 1:03 AM
The game screen option allows selection of full screen or windowed screen however, the full screen presents with black wide band at top and bottom of screen and the pictures stretches way to the left and right tipping of the sides so to obsure hint and menu items on left and right...

I tried setting different resolutions for my Vista pc but to no avail.

Can other fishies help this floundering fishy please?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Screen Display

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 21, 11 2:06 AM
I floundered around too when I first downloaded it on my pc with XP and reg. 15" monitor. Black lines top and bottom which led me to think it must be a widescreen res for a change. Monitor is on 1024x768 full screen for most games. Looked like a half circle with character's faces should be a full circle bottom left. Couldn't find Menu so exited with task mgr.

Loaded on 17.3 widescreen laptop and it filled whole wide screen, no black bars on sides and the half circle with faces was same so maybe just the 2 roles. Then next to it looks like a tiny calculater, or paper with dots and a corner turned in. THAT is the menu, who would have thought.

On settings I had not noticed a bar at top 1,2,3, so I hadn't looked there to see if screen settings are added, I had only just used 1, sound I think.

After all that, the hour demo was a disappointment as far as game, so looks aren't everything, just wish more games used widescreen for laptops 16x9 aspect ratio, or 1600x900 my optimum res.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 21, 11 8:25 AM
Thanks so much for your reply Puzzledone

I did check the 1 2 3 options in the Options Menue too but on full screen is where my display probs were. My screen is a 20 inch wide and so far no real probs to speak of with BF games - until this weird game screen came along.

Yeah, the bit of paper on the left or whatever its supposed to be?? that was my way out of the game.

I tried reinstall and resolution changes and compatibility etc and I really can't be bothered now.

The game is a bit lame anyway and there are those horrid Click Penalties which really get my fins flapping - why do developers use these??

I prefer NOT Buying Games With Click Penalties that make your eyes go crossed or zonk the brain out as I have problems with flickering bright lights and such like.

I think I will just bypass this game..

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Mar 21, 11 5:36 PM
When I first opened this game I had a big BLACK space at the bottom of the screen and looked as though part of the picture was missing off the top of the screen. I change the screen to windows only to be told I would have to re start the game which I did and then the picture was that small you need a magnifying glass to find some of the items. So after play the first scene I have deleted the game. I am not prepared to start changing my screen resolution just to play a game even if it does look like a good one. However after reading some of the reviews I'm glad I have deleted because it does look as though I've missed much. After being spoilt over the past few days by BF giving us good games to play this one was a disappointment.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 21, 11 6:44 PM
Even though it did desplay properly on my widescreen laptop, after closing the game when demo timed out the icons on my desktop were all screwed up,scattered about and I had to move them all back to where I line them up. I thought that was odd because I did not change any screen res and the game did use the right one. MORE time getting things back in order, and I even have icons locked in on desktop settings. Just one more annoyance as my computers are the only things organized and uncluttered in my abode. Don't like anyone rearranging my "furniture".

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 21, 11 8:09 PM
Lol Puzzledone, yeah its a weirdly programmed game.

Game DISPLAY (thick black bands top and bottom and limited view of Menu etc buttons) is the BIG issue which caused me not to buy, wouldn't even waste a credit on this one.

Also, the **** Click Penalty which LOCKS the pointer.

My desktop icons were all over the shop too after installing (and reinstalling) this game and i had to rearrange every single desktop icon after each install which wasted a lot of time - i too like to have each icon in its little spot.

I agree we have been a bit spoilt lately and I guess a doozie like this game just had to rock us back to reality so we will appreciate the great games even more..

Go to: