BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: The Hidden Object Show: Season 2 - DD - March 21/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Mar 21, 11 1:17 AM
Well fellow fishies, tell us what you think of this game! Thanks.

Happy Gaming!

BBB

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: The Hidden Object Show: Season 2 - DD - March 21/11

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Mar 21, 11 2:01 AM
if you liked HOS, you'll like season 2. it's almost an identical game, almost purely HOG. you have several different ways your list can be given - written, silhouette, find 10, spot the difference, alphabet search, etc. instead of a roulette wheel to pick your list, there's a fortune teller with a crystal ball. you can find "skip chips" in most scenes to avoid the lists you don't care for, you can also find hints if your meter isn't full, and tickets to purchase items in the store (though I didn't play that part).

there are four rounds to each stage, and a "game progress" meter that I'm not convinced is accurate. the objects are very clearly what they're supposed to be, though some are extremely difficult to find. the graphics are bright and cheery, as the game is set in a carnival this time. there is no storyline though, grandpa hasn't had another bout of dementia and agreed to appear on a gameshow that's been off the air for several seasons, only to get locked in a cage until you win.

the replayability on this is pretty decent, as you get a new list every time you start a new profile. sound fx are not horrible, there's applause when you find an item correctly, and an "awwww," when you click on the wrong thing. IMO, it's definitely worth the daily deal if you don't have an aversion to straight HOG.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR: The Hidden Object Show: Season 2 - DD - March 21/11

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 21, 11 4:13 AM
My goodness! I never thought I see the time when my complaint was that the colors were too bright! It's my eyes, though, I think. So, I'm a bit disappointed -- not in the game which seems like a lot of fun (And those skip chips would let me skip the silhouettes!! Yeah!), but that my eyes just don't allow me to play it. I'd say anyone without a vision problem who likes H/Os mixed with a variety of other games would really like this, especially as a DD. I wish I could play it. It made me .

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 21, 11 6:54 AM
This game has been mentioned in several of the HOG threads so was glad to see it as a DD. Tried the demo for 10 minutes, it is bright and cheerful (carnival event). The cheeriness and applause could get to you after a while, but I bought it to save for those dreary days when you need something bright and fun to do. Love the DD prices!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Mar 21, 11 2:52 PM
I own and enjoyed the original Hidden Object Show even though I found some of the items hard to find in that one, but I did not enjoy this game at all. I do not have problems with small items or dark screens, but ow, my aching eyes! Too many of the objects were just to d**n hard to find because they were so blurred into the background that one had to squint, use a magnifying glass and even then it was a guessing game. Please don't put snakes in a scene where one is looking for a reptile, ....but not a snake. I should have figured it out when I saw there were two snakes. I found that the manner in which some hints were pointed out was too quick. For instance, one time when just the long cane hint was used I had to ask for the hint again because its appearance was so brief, I almost missed it and because of that I only had a vague idea of what it might have been pointing to. Took me a second hint for that same item and I still had a hard time, because the cane - too quick again - basically laid over the object instead of actually pointing to it. The background music wasn't bad until it got to the animal jungle scene. The calliope of animal sounds - especially the monkeys, drove me up the wall and I turned my speakers off. I like the Original Hidden Object Show and I will stick to that. With the games being pretty much the same, just a change of venue and poor graphics, for me, this game is not worth spending even $3 bucks.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Mar 21, 11 4:55 PM
jennsmom wrote:My goodness! I never thought I see the time when my complaint was that the colors were too bright! I... I wish I could play it. It made me .

Yes, My issue exactly.

My eyesight is not that dire (when corrected ), I'm 54 and now use reading glasses, but I was was almost getting double vision while/after trialing this game - something about the vivid colours and the cluttered scenes, really gave me a problem, which, as I write this comment, is persisting!!! I am confident the effects will wear off ...

So personally, I won't be buying this game any time soon, which is too bad because although this is very different form the usual style of game I go for, I rather liked the Circus format, the cheering and the booying, but the blinding I can do without .

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Mar 21, 11 5:24 PM
I haven't tried the first Hidden Object Show game so can't compare the two, but I think this one is pretty darn cute. I almost wasn't going to demo it but decided "oh, well." Now I'm glad I did because it will be a buy for me and one of those filler games when I just want to play for awhile.

Since there's no story and nothing from previous scenes that applies to the next, I can start and stop at will. I did turn down the music and sound effects but not totally. Just a little in the background is about right. I like the fortune teller and the fact that 3 out of 4 rounds are up for grabs. There are some formats that I favor over others but I can tolerate most things occasionally. And there's always the skip option if I get really tired of FTDs .

Some of the hidden objects are REALLY well hidden, but that's what hints are for. And I like that you even have to look for those. So this is going to be a cute and fun change of pace game for me, especially as a DD.

Just wanted to add that the emcee cracks me up with some of his comments, and I especially like when he "taps" on the glass of my computer screen if I take too long.

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 6:03:08 PM PST

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Mar 21, 11 5:52 PM
This game is fun! I am really enjoying it, with looking for the tickets in each scene and the different modes of searches. I have been playing for 2 hours and still haven't gotten one of those STD scenes yet--I don't mind STD's as long as the differences aren't picayune, like counting blades of grass, etc.
The carnival atmosphere is fun and bright and the music and sound effects are appropriate. Some of the hidden objects are very hard to find, but for the most part I have only had to use a couple of hints. Each level is timed, but they give you a generous 10 minutes and so far, I have been able to complete each scene in less than half that. Later levels may become more difficult though.
All in all, this is a bright, cheerful game to spend a few minutes or a couple of hours on, when I don't want to have to think too hard. LOL

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Mar 21, 11 9:49 PM
I don't usually buy straight HOGs as I prefer adventure games and get bored with the HOGs. For some reason, though, I played this demo right through and was surprised and disappointed when it ended. Which means...I guess I'll have to buy it. The music didn't bother me, the Awws and the Cheers were sort of fun, I liked the little Ring Master. He was fun to hassle, the way he started getting fidgety when you didn't take your cue right away or when you made him think you were leaving the game. The bright graphics were nice and didn't bother my eyes. This is all really odd - I wonder if it just caught me in an unusual mood. Oh well, I'm going to buy it regardless. If I find tomorrow that I no longer like it, I'll hold it in reserve until I get in that same unusual mood again some day and then I'll have something to play.

[Post New]by bkuper on Mar 29, 11 2:50 PM
Boring game

It's so massive and repetitive, that it actually becomes boring after a while.

At approx 37% progress, I started getting ONLY games from the Fortune Teller.
All I have been doing since then is playing endless repetitions of Countdown, Spot the Difference, Silhouette and all the others - at least 30 of them by now. So the game has progressed to 54%, but I'm going around in circles at the Fortune Teller.

BORING!!!!

I want to get to the end (since I paid for it), but now I only spend an hour or so at a time as it doesn't really hold my interest any more.

lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Apr 2, 11 9:22 AM
probably the worst game I have ever had, total waste of money, wish I had gone for the hour trial before buying.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Apr 12, 11 11:16 AM
I thought this game was cute and way out side of the usual HOG - and I really like that! There are times you just want to do something without thinking. I usual go for a match 3 game for that purpose but now I have another type of game I can use.

Most HOGs you have to really watch the game - look for the things around you to see if you need them later on in some room 4 or 5 scenes down the road. With this game what you see is what you have to worry about. No hiding in the 2ND street on the left or under the owl standing on that far wall over there by the master's house.

This is just a fun easy way to play! That's not to say that the objects are easy 'cause some of them aren't easy to find at all. That's nice too. You would think because of the type of game it is - That it's going to be too easy to find things -Well it's not!

This is a BUY for me!

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Apr 13, 11 6:13 AM
I like this game, this ia a game that you can replay many times unlike a lot of games. It is bright and crisp. It is a long game sence you have to play each scene in each mode. The carnival theme is great. Brings out the kid in you. Well worth the price. It is way better than the first one.

[Post New]by cwebmarley on Apr 14, 11 8:31 AM
The following is a copy of a message I just sent to Big Fish expressing my concerns with this game. I will never buy another Gogii game.

Yesterday, I purchased Hidden Object Show: Season II. It looked like a great game. Simple, easy to play, and one of those mindless games you can play for relaxation. As I progressed through the game I was able to gain access to the mini games. One of these is called Bullseye. You are given a list of items to shoot down and you are to fire at the items as they move across the screen. One of the items you are required to shoot down is FLAG. To my horror, the flag you are shooting down is that of the USA.
I believe that Gogii should be reprimanded for this tasteless political statement. Could you imagine the out cry if this was any other country’s flag ? Big Fish has been a wonderful organization and I think that you will agree with me that this is an unacceptable message sent to children and people world wide. I would hope that you would remove this game from your site until this flag’s image is changed by Gogii. The program should be rewritten. This is definitely in violation of the USA’s flag code.

[Post New]by cwebmarley on Apr 14, 11 8:33 AM
The following is a copy of a message I just sent to Big Fish expressing my concerns with this game. I will never buy another Gogii game.

Yesterday, I purchased Hidden Object Show: Season II. It looked like a great game. Simple, easy to play, and one of those mindless games you can play for relaxation. As I progressed through the game I was able to gain access to the mini games. One of these is called Bullseye. You are given a list of items to shoot down and you are to fire at the items as they move across the screen. One of the items you are required to shoot down is FLAG. To my horror, the flag you are shooting down is that of the USA.
I believe that Gogii should be reprimanded for this tasteless political statement. Could you imagine the out cry if this was any other country’s flag ? Big Fish has been a wonderful organization and I think that you will agree with me that this is an unacceptable message sent to children and people world wide. I would hope that you would remove this game from your site until this flag’s image is changed by Gogii. The program should be rewritten. This is definitely in violation of the USA’s flag code.

Go to: