Leia1960
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by Leia1960 on Jul 31, 17 6:11 PM
I think there may be a flash player loading issue involved. Even if it is not with ROM. I used to work on a proprietary program at my work that used Adobe viewer. It was all happy to run fine when I opened Adobe first and then started the work program. If I forgot the Adobe first it got all hung up loading images instead of just humming through.

Edited on 07/31/2017 at 6:15:13 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 1, 17 4:37 PM
Hello again Leia1960,

Thank you for sharing these interesting observations. I'll make sure to bring this to our team's attention as an addendum to the previous information my colleague bfgBellerophon was able to provide from here. Thank you for bringing us your unique experience and insight into this situation as we definitely want players to be able to readily access the game.

For all of our players, if there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

draeko1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by draeko1 on Aug 8, 17 3:49 PM
I hope this makes it though. I am having log on issues. I just spoke to another player who is having the same issue.
I keep getting directed to sign in page - over & over - even on forum. It's as if the site is not recognizing my log in. I have tried 3 different browsers & all with the same problem.
All caches are cleared & did an update & restart. Can't even log into Hidden Express to see if it's a flash player issue.
To all my neighbors I apologise but this is out of my control.
I just hope that this msg makes it through to this forum as previous attempts today did not get through.
Please look at your servers BigFish or Playme8 as I suspect there are a lot of others out there with this same problem
Thanks in advance

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Aug 8, 17 3:56 PM
draeko1 wrote:I hope this makes it though. I am having log on issues. I just spoke to another player who is having the same issue.
I keep getting directed to sign in page - over & over - even on forum. It's as if the site is not recognizing my log in. I have tried 3 different browsers & all with the same problem.
All caches are cleared & did an update & restart. Can't even log into Hidden Express to see if it's a flash player issue.
To all my neighbors I apologise but this is out of my control.
I just hope that this msg makes it through to this forum as previous attempts today did not get through.
Please look at your servers BigFish or Playme8 as I suspect there are a lot of others out there with this same problem
Thanks in advance

I'm having the same issue. But this last time I used the log-in beside the new members and not the one at the top of the page. That is the only way it would log me in with being in a loop.

Billye

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Aug 8, 17 4:26 PM
That didn't work but I went into help and it said to deleted history. Which mine is set up to do automatically. But it said to uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data" & restart IE. I did that & it worked.

I haven't tried to sign on to Goggle Chrome.

Good luck!

Billye

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 8, 17 4:26 PM
Hello draeko1 and BillyeLH,

Thanks for reporting what you were experiencing recently on our website with staying signed in. The Forum Moderation Team was noticing that there were troubles staying signed in and posting earlier, and have made sure the appropriate teams were made aware so they could address it. We're hoping that those sign in issues haven't persisted, but are going to be monitoring the forums and our site, just in case.

Thank you for your patience while we work to get the site functioning as expected again. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our other active Moderators if able. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

kdsmith5cs16
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by kdsmith5cs16 on Aug 12, 17 7:09 AM
Comps keep crashing every time I try to play. It gives me a set of opponents, but when it's supposed to start, I just get the spinning wheel while it says "Area for exploration is loading". It started out happening every two or three times after I reloaded the game. Now it's every time. Please fix.

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Aug 14, 17 2:35 PM
Hi there. Really hope you can help. Both the wife and i have been long time players of rooms of Memory. Wife user name is JeffSteer and my user name is Jelleyanddogs. Two months ago our harddrive got fried. Since then we now have two laptops but can';t seem to load the game without it showing a big brown border around the screen. We can't get rid of it. Have tried everything including left click on "game" at top of page but unable to change it. We both really miss the game and worry we have lost all our great neighbours. We can't play with the border as it makes everything on the screen very small. We have no problem loading other games just not ROM. On a side note wife loads her JeffSteer side due to

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Aug 14, 17 2:47 PM
cont'd... due to password issues maybe. We may have to give up on playing it. Please don;t say it;s laptop issue as has been looked at by professional. Somehow it;s just not loading correctly. As i said we have been playing for years with no issues. We are not whizzes but could always load before. We are using Windows 7. Hope you can help such as can you download from your end? Don;t want to give up but am very frustrated. Have you changed anything? We are out of ideas so hope you have some. Thanks and have a good day. Jeff (Jeff.Steer) and Shelley (jelleyanddogs)... If you send a PM i hope it goes through.

decathmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by decathmom on Aug 14, 17 2:52 PM
Just downloaded ROM for the first time. Am getting a message that I need to download Adobe Flash. I already have it installed. Can't get beyond the message. Please help

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Aug 15, 17 2:57 AM

Starting RoM via Firefox may cause problems:
Once you install Flashplayer as 'plugin' you need a special version. This version sucks.
You may deactivate the security mode of Flash in Firefox to solve the proplem (erase checkmark) - but read information about possible security issues.

Firefox stated, they support this feature only for another year.

Try to start RoM via BF GameManager. Check, if you see a difference.
Both, browser and BF GameManager need Flashplayer.

The normal version of Flash should work with Firefox - someone should confirm

Try it, talk about

Thank you
Sir Vival

Edited on 08/15/2017 at 3:45:02 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 15, 17 3:56 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response regarding the issues that have been experienced and reported here. I just wanted to swim by real fast to provide some suggestions as well as how to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

decathmom, I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game regarding the need to download Adobe Flash and it already having been installed. It's possible that sir_vival's experience with this issue could assist. Thanks for providing that sir_vival. I also have provided some steps below that may assist, should you want to try other steps first.

kdsmith5cs and jelleyanddogs, I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be inaccessible or crashing. We definitely want players to have ready access to the game when trying competitions or when just opening the game, and it sounds like there is a crash and display issue being seen here. The first thing I want to provide is some suggested steps below that could help out with these situations.

What I recommend first is to see if our help page regarding our Online Games can assist in these circumstances. The linked article below contains several steps that may assist in situations when trouble occurs while playing or trying to play.:

Online Games

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a description of what is being seen. If you are seeing a display issue, it may also help to provide us a screenshot so that our Reps can see what you are experiencing first hand. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 21, 17 7:01 AM
I am unable to get the camera in the study - when it is at the top of the screen - when I click on it in competitions. I tried both full screen and minimized, several times now. Can this be fixed?

I used to have the same problem with the canary in the dungeon, when it was at the top of the screen. That seems to be fixed a while ago. I do hope you can fix the camera, too!

Oh - and the tongs in the event about the train are almost impossible to get when they go down to the bottom of the screen. - mysterious express.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 22, 17 5:44 PM
Hello marliza,

I'm sorry to hear that the camera in the competitions, when located near the top of the screen, was difficult or impossible to retrieve. Thanks as well for letting us know that even in full screen mode, the camera is unable to be retrieved in this specific scene. This shouldn't be happening and I would like to make a request. Could you contact our Support Team with information regarding this issue? That'll help all of our teams investigate this report further.

Please contact our Technical Support Team with screenshots of the scene that is having trouble as well as a description of what is being seen. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it's helpful, here's a guide on taking screenshots:

Taking a Screenshot

We definitely want to look further into this, and I want to thank you in advance for contacting us about this issue. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by tthompson12 on Aug 26, 17 3:48 PM
I'm having trouble getting the game to load. For the past week or two it stalls at 30% and then a few minutes later will continue to load. Today it isn't loading, and when it does finally start up I get the message "server temporarily unavailable" while playing a game. I've installed Google Chrome, have emptied my cache, installed all the current updates but it still isn't giving me access. Any ideas?

Thank you!
T

[Post New]by pmmarti on Aug 26, 17 7:04 PM
The game loads until 30 or 31% then takes longer and longer to load. Now when i go to friend's it sometimes searches for more than a few minutes

[Post New]by LlewarinPenny on Aug 26, 17 8:57 PM
Rooms of Memory is not loading as of the past hour.

FIXED! This is a bug associated with the latest Firefox update (today). Right-click and enable the plugin.

Edited on 08/26/2017 at 8:59:55 PM PST

[Post New]by tthompson12 on Aug 27, 17 11:57 AM
I've tried that and it still doesn't work. Frustrated!!
This morning it loaded fine using my Safari browser. Now it's back to 31% and stalled.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon. :-)

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Aug 27, 17 2:47 PM
I've also have a long wait ( 5-10 min) to get into game. Sometimes I don't get in at all.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 27, 17 5:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing Rooms of Memory. It sounds like players are sometimes seeing trouble with the game loading, and that our suggestions of how to resolve this are not assisting.

In this case, it's possible that there may be some trouble with communicating with the server to play. This usually clears up on its own and could depend on a lot of factors regarding the connectivity between our player's computers and the servers that control the game.

If our previous suggestions haven't helped and the connectivity issue seems to persist, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with details of what has occurred. Our teams can gather this data and provide it to the appropriate teams behind the game for their overview and investigation. Thank you for your patience and our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: