Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jul 17, 14 7:28 AM
My game has three areas that have graphic 'cracks' in them. The tunnel by the carnivorous lily has one and the newest is in Cloud City. Thee is a graphics break on the right side down the middle of the cart's wheel.

I also, my character Stony does not morph into a pirate and I did not get a message from Skull Pete to talk the the pirate.

[Post New]by Mary1S on Jul 17, 14 9:18 AM
Still not one diamond from flowers since update.I usually get at least two a day, at least....Still none to this day ...complained two days ago and nothing was done...would like to know if anything can be done about it...or will be done about it any time soon..or do I have to wait for another update...Please respond...Thank You

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 17, 14 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your posts letting us know about the technical problems you've experienced in the game. The development team is working hard to address these issues and implement repairs in future updates.

jen8973, I'm very sorry about the server issues you've experienced. Please contact our Tech Support Team with your Friend Code. One of our Reps can look further into what may be causing that.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 17, 14 12:58 PM
Dear bfgWendwater,
While I appreciate the advice I did that already I went round and round with the tech support team for about three weeks and the answer at the end of everything was the last update fixed all issues people had and that I play another game because I was not the only one having the same problem and that it was the developers issue not theirs oh ya got the email to prove it so thanks but that is the first thing I tried before I started posting on here

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 17, 14 1:03 PM
Also read everyones blog they are having the same problem and more

TwoTonFury
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

Devil's Glove not dropping for Winter Idol

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Jul 17, 14 3:14 PM
I understand that this is a "random" drop game, however I have not been able to get a devil's glove for the winter idol in 3 days. It doesn't matter whether I go through the daily quest or just straight to the HOS, it gives me everything BUT. Two days in a row I have been stuck at the "Mysterious Words" daily quest--which makes the rest of the day worthless to try to complete additional daily quests. I don't like to use my diamonds to get through the quests, and I'm afraid that even if I did--I still would not get the gloves for the second visit to the idol to finish the quest.
I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue too? I have the glove on my wishlist--but so do most of my friends.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Jul 18, 14 2:09 PM
Two items..
First don't you believe it is a tad unfair to put two items each needing two items
in the same quest .Rudogilgo to Bow Figurine, The Stony, requires that you which requires two each of Bear Fury and Seed of Life both of these items can only be obtained at the fairies above the castle entrance which require a one hour rest period. ( Ps: the same item , Bear Fury is required by Henry for Monster Skull. In addition the item marked with a question mark requires an advanced level)
Second item..
I have received no gifts from friends on the social page since the most recent update. I have sent several but nothing in return

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 18, 14 4:21 PM
No server connection on both games...unable to connect even on 'retry'.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Devil's Glove not dropping for Winter Idol

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 18, 14 4:22 PM
TwoTonFury wrote:I understand that this is a "random" drop game, however I have not been able to get a devil's glove for the winter idol in 3 days. It doesn't matter whether I go through the daily quest or just straight to the HOS, it gives me everything BUT. Two days in a row I have been stuck at the "Mysterious Words" daily quest--which makes the rest of the day worthless to try to complete additional daily quests. I don't like to use my diamonds to get through the quests, and I'm afraid that even if I did--I still would not get the gloves for the second visit to the idol to finish the quest.
I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue too? I have the glove on my wishlist--but so do most of my friends.

Hi; Yes we have encountered this problem - mentioned here previously, but BFG don't care. Don't waste your diamonds. I tried it a couple of times, and both times it just gave me random stuff. If you are playing more than one quest, it gives you what it THINKS you should have, regardless of the path you take. If you are idly HOSing (if that is even a word), even if you try a path from the location place (somebody tell me the correct name for the places that aren't HOS, where you deposit items to retrieve another!) you don't get it. Neither if you click the "i" button on the scene and click on the item you really really want. So, just persevere. We understand BFG want real gold from us, and most of us are loath to release our purse strings. so that is another game: who will surrender first - you by buying (or quitting) or BFG by making the game fairer.

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 18, 14 4:30 PM
DAY 61 still 'UNABLE TO CONNECT To SERVER' will this nightmare ever end BFG???????????????????

[Post New]by Mary1S on Jul 18, 14 4:32 PM
How many flowers do you have to collect to get a diamond? Over 600 flowers and no diamond...so how much more??? I had gotten one diamond since complaint .. do you complain for the diamonds?Well.......I'd like some more Please. Thank You

tcarter50
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by tcarter50 on Jul 19, 14 12:07 AM
Have had no problems with social page on either of my games ( I have 2 under different users on same computer) until today. Cannot give or receive gifts. I love the game but like a lot of other people will not be playing much longer. Getting very tired of these problems.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Jul 19, 14 11:46 AM
In the belfrey HOS there are 22 items listed on the screen but only 21 actually present... the bracelet was not there.

I played the HOS three times running, its my favourite screen so I know all of the positions that the objects are placed in. three times running there was no bracelet. I even used the <HINT> button this worked very well... it circled the location where the bracelet SHOULD HAVE been... but the location was empty each time: and each time there was a different location. There is no way to collect a missing item so I had to exit the HOS by hitting the red-X.

ADDED 20 min later...

The Bracelet is also missing from the Mosaic Pannel HOS... its the same design bracelet so it can't be a coincidence!

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 12:28:53 PM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 19, 14 1:13 PM
Ken_TheDoctor wrote:In the belfrey HOS there are 22 items listed on the screen but only 21 actually present... the bracelet was not there.

I played the HOS three times running, its my favourite screen so I know all of the positions that the objects are placed in. three times running there was no bracelet. I even used the <HINT> button this worked very well... it circled the location where the bracelet SHOULD HAVE been... but the location was empty each time: and each time there was a different location. There is no way to collect a missing item so I had to exit the HOS by hitting the red-X.

ADDED 20 min later...

The Bracelet is also missing from the Mosaic Pannel HOS... its the same design bracelet so it can't be a coincidence!

Just a thought - would using the "wand" collect the invisible items?

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Jul 19, 14 1:46 PM
chris_2_4 wrote:
Just a thought - would using the "wand" collect the invisible items?

Yes, a wand will collect the missing/invisible item but I haven't collected them... I tend to trade them for cash or gift them.

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Jul 19, 14 3:54 PM
I don't know about others but I can't get the gifting to friends to give me a card after for two days now. I check how much I have of an item before giving it for gifting to friends, and I had sent someone pet food and no card. So I sent another. So with the food count there, it shows I sent two to the friend and got zero cards! I restarted my computer and re-installed game and tried to give to another friend and same thing. It disappears from my inventory but does not give me a card for gifting (and I need them for pets, achievements, etc. I have no way of knowing if my friends actually got them either. So I'm out of like 8-1o cards since I always gift to five each day.

Frustrating couple of days!
Will need to write to BFG tech again if this continues. I hate to complain (my worse pet peeve is not getting coins collecting the morphing flowers!) and I can't expect them to give me what I've worked for since there would be so many they'd have to do it for. But now its messing up so much. Tough couple of days. I just hope the friends got everything! And I do appreciate all BFG and EG does! I so love this game on 99 % of the days!

Caffey
Midnight Castle ID: 136696

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 5:02:21 PM PST

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 20, 14 12:29 PM
DAY 63 social page still says cannot connect to server gifts lists and wish list is blank still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jul 20, 14 10:44 PM
I have tried to install and uninstall 3 times so I could try this game. It actually didn't let me uninstall by either the Big Fish uninstall option or by the option from the control panel in my computer. When I download it it stays on the opening screen and repeats over and over that it is "checking the cloud" and "checking the illumination" but the game never starts. I have Windows 8.1.

Edit : My husband tinkered with it and I got in .

Edited on 07/23/2014 at 8:15:51 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jul 21, 14 2:04 AM
FIX THE SIGN IN I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF ANSWERING MY PM AND GOT KICKED OUT AND HAD TO SIGN IN JUST TO LEAVE THIS MESSAGE. WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN EVERY DAY. I CHECKED KEEP ME SIGNED IN. WHAT IS GOING ON. AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE POPUPS THAT ARE COMING WITH YOU DOWNLOADS. I DO NOT WANT THEM I HAVE THE GAMES I WANT. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A PEST. I HAVE TO KEEP TAKING MY COMPUTER TO THE SHOP TO HAVE THEM REMOVED. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THAT. JUST STOP PIGGY BACKING THEM ON THE UPDATES I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER . I HAVE A MIGRAINE, IT IS LATE. AND NOW THIS. PLEASE DO SOMETHING AGOUT THESE THINGS.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 21, 14 1:21 PM
HI BFG - just wanted to say that I finally installed the update 3 days ago, and since then I have not had ANY empty item lists in the HOS; so thank you very very much!

just as an aside - can anyone tell me, is there actually any worth in the "Avatar" thngs? I mean, they are given as rewards for achievements, but I fail to see what use they are. Do they provide you with double scores? better gifts from your pets? Or is it simply a pointless picture?
Just wondering

Go to: