bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 22, 11 12:05 AM
Aid a young FBI agent, newly promoted to the Department of Unclosed Case Files, as he uncovers an incredible international plot hiding a shocking and well-guarded secret! Search for clues and help the enquiry move forward, counter sabotage attempts, find evidence of the plot and bring to light the mysterious secret behind these paranormal events!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Re:FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 22, 11 12:52 AM
I'm only about fifteen minutes into the game, but I thought I would post my impressions before going to bed.

The game has two modes--timed and untimed. I started with the timed and failed twice to find all of the items, so restarted in the untimed mode. It pays to read the instruction screens on this game because you can click away items to reveal other items they hide, and in the left hand row you can see some buttons that are helpful. One is a magnifier. You also can click on stars, though I'm not quite sure what the stars do for you (more hints, maybe?) The game also has one panoptic scene in the first few minutes in which you have to scroll from side to side to find the items.

I only got about four scenes into the game, which seems a pretty straightforward hidden object quest: you clean your new office, your clean up the computer files, and then you set out to investigate your cases. I was a bit mystified why an FBI agent was investigating first in Antarctica and then in France even if he was a member of some new paranormal unit, but then I looked up the developers, who are French. Some of the terminology is British ("torch" for "flashlight." for example), but I didn't find it troublesome.

I look forward to reading other people's comments tomorrow!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 22, 11 1:44 AM
Another resounding dud from the folks at Hdo. The real mystery, to me, is why sites like BFG keeps distributing this junk. I decided to see just how bad this one would be; and it only took the opening sequence to find out. This is supposed to be an FBI (therefore, USA) operation, but it immediately takes off for places from Antarctica to the Bermuda Triangle. About twenty minutes research on the part of the developers would have provided them with the fact that the FBI does not operate that way. By the time I got to the Bermuda Triangle "assignment", all I could do was laugh and wonder how long these developers had been permanently living there. (As I was searching for the bottle of rum as one of the hidden objects, I decided I think I know what they have been drinking.) The graphics are rudimentary at best, the music is screamingly annoying, and the storyline is absurd. The dialogue is stilted, to say the least; and the instructions and interactions for the mini-games are even worse. Oh well, I had some time to kill and it proved, once again, that garbage will sell. This is absolutely a "No Sale" for me.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 1:51:07 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 22, 11 2:01 AM
I didn't like it much and uninstalled after the tedious "match the folders" mini. For some reason I had trouble figuring out which icon represented the descriptions. Then after a bit i realized that i apparently was not clicking the right spot in some cases. That was enough for me but i did let it take me to the assignment in Antarctica. That was too much. The FBI agent there in his bad suit (why isn't he wearing black?). I doubt the FBI would ever go to that place.

Although I did not care for it, it was not too bad and I might have bought it 3 or 4 years ago or even now if I was desperate for a game. We have had some very good games during the past couple of weeks (I can't believe I bought 2 CEs!) so this just didn't have a chance with me.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 22, 11 2:04 AM
Weird but after reading the comments here I am glad I didnt bother with it. Just had a feeling that it wasnt worth even a download....must be psychic !!!!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 22, 11 5:46 AM
Well, we have had some really good games the past few days. Paranormal Case and the Aladin one are not among them. They seem so old fashioned. But we are getting " new game every day" to take a look at. I think BF is getting rid of a few stinkers.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Mar 22, 11 2:10 PM
Due to terrible broadband speed its taken all day to download this one and aladdin[which got to 100% then told me there was an error and started again] Found id already tried this game elsewhere and having heard forum on Aladdin im glad it failed.
Still waiting for SE version of Maestro[must be due soon

Go to: