bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any FBI: Paranormal Case technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 22, 11 1:50 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Post any FBI: Paranormal Case technical issues here only

[Post New]by hd2222 on Mar 22, 11 4:16 AM
This is the 3rd. game I have downloaded (not sure if is the same developer for all) that is not in "English". Can't tell WHAT language is coming up. Initially, thought I would have a "live chat" to see what the problem is ..... but .....none of these games seems worth the trouble. If this situation occurs with a decent game, then I'll consider a "chat".

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Mar 22, 11 10:44 AM
This game doesn't seem to want to work correctly with my widescreen monitor. When playing in full screen mode, the screen is shifted to the left, leaving a black bar on the right and cutting off the left side. I couldn't figure out why there was no hint or menu button. ESC and function keys did nothing, so I had to quit through task manager. I restarted and changed to windowed mode and there were the buttons, on the left. This is the only game that has done this. Kind of frustrating to not have access to the menu button to be able to quit and I don't play these games in windowed mode... the picture is too small. There's a reason I have a big monitor

[Post New]by mzd620 on Mar 22, 11 8:29 PM
I to have had the issue with a few games that came up with a I don't know what language it was in. Can some1 please help me with this issue

zmiller
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by zmiller on Mar 23, 11 9:31 AM
Having same problems with language. What up with that??

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 23, 11 12:21 PM
is it foreign language or someone let the kid out to play with a box of crayons?...have to of course pass!

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 27, 11 8:26 AM
I have the same problem with the languague.

Am going to send an e-mail to Customer Support to draw their attention to this.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 27, 11 9:45 AM
Helmaron wrote:I have the same problem with the languague.

I e-mailed Customer support and they'll answer between 24-72 hours.

Here's hoping

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 30, 11 10:21 AM
Helmaron wrote:
Helmaron wrote:I have the same problem with the languague.

I e-mailed Customer support and they'll answer between 24-72 hours.

Here's hoping

Big Fish e-mailed me late yesterday, (UK).

It was suggested that I uninstall and download again AND to be certain that I had not INADVERTANTLY downloaded it from another site!!!!!!!

I definitely DID download it from the Big Fish site. Unless they are suggesting that there is a clone site out there who is stealing BF customers and giving them duff games.

Enough whingeing from me! (For now!)

Have redownloaded the game and will try it. Will get back to you all later to let you know what's happening.

Ciao tutti!

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 30, 11 10:26 AM
Same problem. No use. I give up

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 30, 11 12:00 PM
Hi everyone,

It looks like there are a number of you seeing a strange language when playing this game. In order for us to look into this, it would help if you could please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link for those instructions) with a screenshot of what you're seeing and a Dr. Felix report.

Writing in with this information will allow us to collect more information and get this resolved for you. Thank you for your time and efforts!

-bfgArnoStyx

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 30, 11 12:28 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi everyone,

It looks like there are a number of you seeing a strange language when playing this game. In order for us to look into this, it would help if you could please write in to <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link for those instructions) with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshot</a> of what you're seeing and a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix report</a>.

Writing in with this information will allow us to collect more information and get this resolved for you. Thank you for your time and efforts!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you, bfgArnoStyx but we can't even play the game because the MAIN MENU is where the problem starts.

I have already e-mailed tech-support and it was suggested that I may have INADVERTANTLY downloaded from another site.!!!!!

Not true and certainly not helpful

I do not know HOW to take a SCREEN SHOT.

Thanks again, Helmaron

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 12:30:32 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 30, 11 1:49 PM
Hey Helmaron,

You can just click on the word screenshot above (or in this post ).

If our reps are suggesting that the game might have been downloaded from another site, they might not be seeing the purchase in your account. You're welcome to also write back in with an Order Number which might help our reps to locate the purchase for you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Apr 1, 11 11:23 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Helmaron,

You can just click on the word <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshot</a> above (or in this post ).

If our reps are suggesting that the game might have been downloaded from another site, they might not be seeing the purchase in your account. You're welcome to also write back in with an Order Number which might help our reps to locate the purchase for you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you, but due to the strange language I haven't gotten beyond the Main Menu and have, therefor, been unable to complete or rather begin the trial. I will not buy a game untill I have completer the trial.

I have tried to "Print Screen", but it doesn't seem to work. I'll check the help thing on my computer and hopefully I'll figure it out soon

EDIT.

I have found info on Help section but my print screen definately does not seem to work. (There are days when I could quite happily chuck this bothersome computer out the window.)

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 11:46:24 AM PST

[Post New]by tpaul25 on May 6, 12 11:52 PM
I am playing the app version of the game and am in #9 file for the second time in the russian bunker. I am clicking on the box to choose it but it will not click! I've used a hint to be sure I'm tapping on the correct item and the hint confirms I am. It's the last object I need to clear before I take a picture of the room or get launched into another puzzle.

I've moved the scene around (tilting my phone) as well as clicked the area multiple times. No joy. What can I do?

[Post New]by norsemanlady on Jul 12, 12 12:45 PM
tpaul25 wrote:I am playing the app version of the game and am in #9 file for the second time in the russian bunker. I am clicking on the box to choose it but it will not click! I've used a hint to be sure I'm tapping on the correct item and the hint confirms I am. It's the last object I need to clear before I take a picture of the room or get launched into another puzzle.

I've moved the scene around (tilting my phone) as well as clicked the area multiple times. No joy. What can I do?

I am having the same problem with the game on my IPad. Any suggestions yet?

Susanne13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Susanne13 on Jul 29, 12 9:29 AM
Same problem on my iPad. Can see the darn box but can't click it.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 29, 12 10:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

Those of you who are running into trouble playing this game on your iPad, please check out the troubleshooting suggestions in this help article:

iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Mobile Support team so they can start working on the issue with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 07/29/2012 at 10:48:25 AM PST

Go to: